Author Topic: Lack of Interest in Japanese avation  (Read 4663 times)

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
Lack of Interest in Japanese avation
« on: February 25, 2012, 09:57:36 AM »
    I have often wondered why there is such a lack of interest from this comunity in Japanese aircraft.  I remember a poll from awhile back and the Japanese plane had 13% support.

I can't speak for the rest of the folks who play this game, but I love ALL airplanes and I am excited by the opportunity to fly anything that fought in WW II.  Yet most people who play here are only interested USA/British/German planes.  It seems odd to me that if you have in interest aviation that you would not enjoy the chance to fly everything. 

When a new Japanese plane is suggested legions of people line up to say:  "what a waste of time it would be" ...or "it would be a hanger queen" or the one that irks me most ..."it would not revolutionize the MA" 
    At this point, with all the planes we have available, there are not many planes left the would "set the MA on it's ear" so asking for a revolution seems a bit much.
    Hanger queens?  the only thing that makes a plane a hanger queen is the pilots fear to fly it.  I can assure you the "hanger queen"is eager to fly....ready to fly ...and she would love to get in the action.  It's the pilots who are afraid, not the airframe, she has more then enough courage.

I guess it just seems odd to me that there is no interest in Japanese planes.  Even more puzzling is how strongly players oppose HTC making more Japanese planes.  All I can hope for is:  when we have 20 versions of the spit ...20 versions of the p51 and 20 versions of the 109 ...maybe ...just maybe ...we could get a ki-43? ...or a ki-44? .....or a Nell ? I'll take anything. I'll continue to hold out hope!

Helm ...out

XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
Re: Lack of Interest in Japanese avation
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 10:03:21 AM »
Unfortunately, it's not just Japanese aviation.  There's a huge sub-group of people in here who put down any idea if it's not 'their' idea, and are against any plane if it's not 'their plane'.  Just browse the wishlist forum for a group of people who are entirely too full of themselves trying to sound smart in putting down someone else's ideas.  They are the same group of people who shut down the hangars in a furball in game because people are having fun and not joining their missions and playing 'their way'.

It's part of the reason I loved David Wales.  The people in that forum couldn't possibly respond to his posts intelligently and still put him down, so they resorted to personal attacks and got muted.  I miss the lad...
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:11:11 AM »
When a new Japanese plane is suggested legions of people line up to say:  "what a waste of time it would be" ...or "it would be a hanger queen" or the one that irks me most ..."it would not revolutionize the MA"

Ah, one of those dinosaur historians you are!  Fewer and fewer of us left, I fear.

Watching the polls over the past few years, it seems to have come to this:  Unless the plane can compete with the 1945 plane set (P-51H, Do-335, Meteor, that sort of thing) or be successfully used in a manner it wasn't designed for (P-61, Me-410, A-26), the majority of AH players do not want it because, almost by definition, it will be overwhelmed by the 1945 planes.  We already have the best of the 1945 Japanese plane set....so why ask for more?

- oldman

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 10:22:18 AM »
One problem with the votes, which I think HTC implicitly acknowledged with the last vote, is that anything American on it will win over anything that is not American unless it is very obscure or very obsolete.  I don't think a Ventura or Devastator would win over a Tu-2 or He177, but put the A-26, P-61 or P-63 on the list and they may as well not have any British, German, Italian, Japanese or Russian aircraft on the list.  I don't think this is only due to jingoism, I think most of the players are only casual WWII aviation buffs and while they might not know what a P-61 is off hand, they will know it is a fighter with a higher number than the P-51 and therefor probably better whereas who the heck knows what a J2M3 or Ki-44 might be....

For my part I would love to see the Japanese and Russian planesets at least be close to the British planeset in sizes.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Vart69

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 10:34:02 AM »

For my part I would love to see the Japanese and Russian planesets at least be close to the British planeset in sizes.  :cheers:
[/quote]

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 10:41:39 AM »
Odd, every time I'm up in LW is see quite a few A6Ms, KI's, and Nikis. I think we need more, too, not less, Russian, French and Italian also.... But I guess I've never noticed any negativity towards their addition.

Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 10:51:32 AM »
It's because people think if its not late war monster its stupid and becuase everyone seems to hate someone and when that person makes a wish its  like antichrist on here  :rolleyes:
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 10:59:07 AM »
My "Japanese wishlist":

B6N2 - carrier torpedo bomber/level bomber, replacement for the B5N2
B7A2 - carrier torpedo bomber/level bomber, replacement for the B6N2, all carriers lost before it entered service
D4Y1 - carrier dive bomber, replacement for the D3A, fastest dive bomber of WWII
H8K2 - well protected high performance flying boat, patrol aircraft/bomber/torpedo bomber
J2M3 and J2M5 - interceptor with good climb and decent speed
Ki-43-I, Ki-43-II and Ki-43-III - most common IJA fighter, lightly armed and built but extremely maneuverable
Ki-44-II - Moderately armed interceptor with good climb and decent speed
Ki-45 - twin engined fighter of modest capability
Ki-61-I-Ko - early version of the Ki-61 with four 12.7mm guns and better turning ability
Ki-61-II - late version of the Ki-61, faster, more ammo, cut down rear fuselage
Ki-84-I-Otsu - Ki-84 with four 20mm cannons and perhaps a slightly more powerful engine, might be a light perk plane
Ki-100 - Ki-61-II airframe with a radial engine, slower, better climb
Ki-102 - twin engined attack aircraft with decent performance and some larger guns
N1K1 - float plane fighter
N1K1-J - land based interceptor based on the float plane fighter, a bit lower performance and much less ammo than the N1K2-J
P1Y1 - bomber/torpedo bomber with good performance and the ability to carry two 500kg bombs which would make it very useful for a Japanese bomber
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 11:19:04 AM »
Personally .. I would like to see a new countries plane/s added before anything from countries all ready in the game.

Add these Countries:

IAR80/81..........Romania
Boomerang........Australia
D-520..............France

Of countries all ready in the game the Italian set is the weakest.

New Countries,
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 11:25:39 AM »
Personally .. I would like to see a new countries plane/s added before anything from countries all ready in the game.

Add these Countries:

IAR80/81..........Romania
Boomerang........Australia
D-520..............France

Of countries all ready in the game the Italian set is the weakest.

New Countries,
All minor participants compared to the big five, and two of the big five have tiny planesets that do not do a good job of representing them.  Australia in particular can wait as its actual participation was in US and UK designs.

For Italy, give them the SM.79-II, C.200, CR.42, G.50 and G.55 and that would mostly take care of Italy.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:30:18 AM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 11:31:09 AM »
change the title to

"Lack of Interest in Italian aviation"
OEF 11-12

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 11:37:33 AM »
change the title to

"Lack of Interest in Italian aviation"
Italy was a minor player in comparison to the big five.  If their planeset were as large as Russia's they would be very well covered.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 11:43:55 AM »
All minor participants compared to the big five, and two of the big five have tiny planesets that do not do a good job of representing them.  Australia in particular can wait as its actual participation was in US and UK designs.

For Italy, give them the SM.79-II, C.200, CR.42, G.50 and G.55 and that would mostly take care of Italy.

Minor or not you have what 6-7 napanese planes in the game all ready? Japan is well represented , and you just got a new zeke. So no Jap planes for a while.

No Australia can't wait they have a large player base and likewise would like and deserve there plane to be represented in the game. <---period

Add New Countries,
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 11:48:46 AM »
My "Japanese Spamlist":

B6N2 - carrier torpedo bomber/level bomber, replacement for the B5N2
B7A2 - carrier torpedo bomber/level ............................. ..........bla bla bla bla bla bla

Fixed  :aok

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 11:51:03 AM »
Every country has its wishlist, its not just one country its all of them...

Boomerang from Australia
Meteor from England
IAR.80 from Romania
D.520 from France
G.55 from Italy
Yak3 from Russia
Ki-43 from Japan
Beaufighter from Australia

Lets stop whining about what (insert countries) aircraft isn't being added, eventually they will be - if you look at the recent poll - the Me410 beat out the Meteor, Yak and Beaufighter. This is four aircraft from 4 different countries that were voted on.
I can understand its frustrating because you back a certain country, I know far to many that only vote for certain countries and nothing else, and others simply don't care and vote for whatever seems more versatile.

Everyone has their vote, I've been requesting an update for C.202/205 and adding the G.55 for at least 3-4 years now and nothing comes up, have I whined? Nah, eventually they will get updated.

The amount of work put into making one plane to be added in game takes months to do, not exactly a 20 minute slap together.

JG 52