Author Topic: Lack of Interest in Japanese avation  (Read 4737 times)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Re: Lack of Interest in Japanese avation
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2012, 12:24:29 AM »
Japanese AA tries to kill a vulcher.

"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline RealDeal

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2012, 12:40:19 AM »
It's part of the reason I loved David Wales. 

Why use past tense? I we still love David Wales and wish and pray for his return. :pray
~BParker~
SHADE

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2012, 12:51:03 AM »

Ah, one of those dinosaur historians you are!  Fewer and fewer of us left, I fear.

Watching the polls over the past few years, it seems to have come to this:  Unless the plane can compete with the 1945 plane set (P-51H, Do-335, Meteor, that sort of thing) or be successfully used in a manner it wasn't designed for (P-61, Me-410, A-26), the majority of AH players do not want it because, almost by definition, it will be overwhelmed by the 1945 planes.  We already have the best of the 1945 Japanese plane set....so why ask for more?

- oldman

That says it as clear as it can be said.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2012, 01:38:00 AM »

Dude.  You are not paying attention.

We go to 1946.  Maybe 1947.

Maybe 1950.

- oldman

Sad part is 90% that request anything beyond 1944 are using wikipedia for the source for this information, not even bothering to crack open a book and do some research on their own, instead they use the first google search entry that's posted.

How the Me-410 won over the Meteor is interesting, I highly doubt after all these years it won fair and square. Given how quick the B-29 was added, it wasn't an hour later a "nuke" thread was already posted.

Yet so many good planes are left out simply because "Late War Arena" pays where history doesn't.

JG 52

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2012, 02:41:12 AM »
Ki is short for Kitai and roughly translates to 'airframe'. So lots of different manufacturers like Nakajima, Mitsubishi and Kawasaki made models prefixed with 'Ki'

I have once caught Slash27 in a Ki-84, he was very much alive though  :rock :salute
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2012, 08:41:58 AM »
Sad part is 90% that request anything beyond 1944 are using wikipedia for the source for this information, not even bothering to crack open a book and do some research on their own, instead they use the first google search entry that's posted.
Perhaps, but recall that AH went live with a 1945 airplane already in the planeset, the N1K2-J.

How the Me-410 won over the Meteor is interesting, I highly doubt after all these years it won fair and square.
It is easy to see how the Me410 won.  Many people in the game 1) don't know what the Meteor is and 2) many of us don't like jets because they mess up fights between piston engined fighters.  Remember, the Yak-3 also beat the Meteor.

Given how quick the B-29 was added, it wasn't an hour later a "nuke" thread was already posted.
So?  B-29+Nuke wish threads had been in existence for more than a decade on this forum, why would the nuke wish disappear as soon as the B-29 was announced?  It would be absurd not to expect that wish to appear immediately.

Yet so many good planes are left out simply because "Late War Arena" pays where history doesn't.
Just because people request it doesn't mean HTC will add it.Will we see the A-26 at some point? Of course.  Will we see the P-80? Very unlikely.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2012, 12:30:50 PM »
We should Get some Migs in the sim and not the jet migs the prop migs like the mig 3
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2012, 04:49:26 PM »
I love the Japanese planes in this game and am one who wishes for more of them quite often.

But as others have stated it seems like a majority of players have a 2000HP and Multi cannon requirement, because in the LW arena everyone thinks...."if you can't run, it aint fun"

Slow down some, turn into a fight for a change. Don't protect your score like it was your first born child.

Do that, and some of the other planes that don't only excel in a straight line become more appealing.

+1 for the Japanese plane set (I do very much feel the Russian and Italian sets could use some additions as well)

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2012, 05:34:24 PM »
A formation of P1Y1s could take out two hangars in one pass.  Try to do that with Ki-67s.  There were also more P1Y1s built than Ki-67s.  The only other Japanese bomber that could do that would be the H8K2 which could carry eight 250kg bombs or two 1500kg bombs.

My refs had them both (ki-67 and P1Y) with 1000 Kg bomb load unless they were off on a "kamikaze strike", which had a much higher load.  If you have a ref showing it with a higher load, let me know.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2012, 06:41:10 PM »
My refs had them both (ki-67 and P1Y) with 1000 Kg bomb load unless they were off on a "kamikaze strike", which had a much higher load.  If you have a ref showing it with a higher load, let me know.

What I had it at was 1000kg by way of two 500kg bombs.  The Ki-67 is, in comparison, at 800kgs via eight 100kg bombs.

A formation of P1Y1s could take out two hangars by dropping one 500kg bomb from each bomber on each hangar.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:43:00 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2012, 10:16:26 PM »
"if you can't run, it aint fun"

Slow down some, turn into a fight for a change. Don't protect your score like it was your first born child.

You know, I agree 100%...  But as much as I would prefer to stall fight, I've been flying the P51D a lot this tour simply because I am tired of 95% of my engagements being the other guy running away from me after I beat them in the first turn.  If I fly the P51, I actually get more fights because fewer people can escape by simply putting their nose down and running away.

I would much rather be flying a 109F turn fighting, but in LW that isn't how you find a lot of fights....  It's really only how you find a lot of LW monsters trying to pick you during the rare turnfight that you find.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2012, 10:23:47 PM »
    I have often wondered why there is such a lack of interest from this comunity in Japanese aircraft.  I remember a poll from awhile back and the Japanese plane had 13% support.

I can't speak for the rest of the folks who play this game, but I love ALL airplanes and I am excited by the opportunity to fly anything that fought in WW II.  Yet most people who play here are only interested USA/British/German planes.  It seems odd to me that if you have in interest aviation that you would not enjoy the chance to fly everything. 

When a new Japanese plane is suggested legions of people line up to say:  "what a waste of time it would be" ...or "it would be a hanger queen" or the one that irks me most ..."it would not revolutionize the MA" 
    At this point, with all the planes we have available, there are not many planes left the would "set the MA on it's ear" so asking for a revolution seems a bit much.
    Hanger queens?  the only thing that makes a plane a hanger queen is the pilots fear to fly it.  I can assure you the "hanger queen"is eager to fly....ready to fly ...and she would love to get in the action.  It's the pilots who are afraid, not the airframe, she has more then enough courage.

I guess it just seems odd to me that there is no interest in Japanese planes.  Even more puzzling is how strongly players oppose HTC making more Japanese planes.  All I can hope for is:  when we have 20 versions of the spit ...20 versions of the p51 and 20 versions of the 109 ...maybe ...just maybe ...we could get a ki-43? ...or a ki-44? .....or a Nell ? I'll take anything. I'll continue to hold out hope!

Helm ...out

Most of the kids want the fastest in the game.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2012, 10:32:48 PM »
J2M5 Jack. I may be mistaken but this could be a superior BnZ plane. Designed for high alt interceptions.

I'd like this in game. My Japanese vote.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2012, 02:25:03 AM »
Ki is short for Kitai and roughly translates to 'airframe'. So lots of different manufacturers like Nakajima, Mitsubishi and Kawasaki made models prefixed with 'Ki'

I have once caught Slash27 in a Ki-84, he was very much alive though  :rock :salute

:D :salute

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2012, 02:48:17 AM »
I know my in game experience doesn't reflect this, because I've been killed by a lot of ki's.  But I'm of the biased opinion that the Japanese planes are all too flammable, and under-armed.  I feel this way because it is also my opinion that the Japanese airforce was absolutely decimated by hellcats, P-51s and corsairs.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.