Author Topic: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 vs Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca  (Read 2582 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 vs Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 12:02:08 PM »
It's all Camaro... all GM

where'd they pull the magnetic ride suspension from again? where'd they pull the supercharger from again?  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 02:10:48 PM »
I'll take the Mustang and the 8k I saved and still have a better looking car :D

Camaro v. Appropriate Ford...  :noid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=6b81W9YsBY4
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 02:13:45 PM by clerick »

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 02:46:53 PM »
I beleive the reason the Vette gets picked to run with the Mustang is price .. it's in the same ballpark.
Two very different design paramaters ..not much of a contest.

The Camaro is the Mustang's competitor .. now if Chrysler would step up and do a 'Cuda in the same genre :)
(nothin against the Challenger, but .. imagine a smaller lighter more hp version retro '68 Cuda lookin affair, mayhap put together to go after SS/A an such again)

Frankly I'd drive any of 'em .. they *all* scratch all the right itches.
Just that bang for the buck ..my vote is with a used Vette..*very* tuff to match the performance for dollar spent.

-GE aka Frank

'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 02:50:41 PM »
Like a rock.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 02:50:46 PM »
No question on that from me GE. Used Vettes are top rung value for money. Coworker just bought a C5 Z06 for 13k. White with Mod Red. Putting in an auto trans to run 11.50 index all day long.  Other buddy just ran 10.6x in a heads/cam C5 Z06.

Outstanding performance.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 02:59:19 PM »
not bothering me at all. they're comparing a car which compares to the gt500 to the boss302, in order to make it look better.

note they said that till now, that the current generation camaro's always been a step behind the mustang in handling? wait'll they run it up against the gt500. there's already rumors that the gt500 has lapped nurburgring in the mid to low 7:30's.

the zl1 will be an impressive car when they are able to deliver them....

OK, so let me get this straight... the new GT500 will have a big boost in hp, but nothing else radical suspension or chassis wise that I've read.... and the Boss 302 has already been demonstrated to be faster than the current GT500 on a road course (C&D Lightning Lap, VIR ).... and the ZL1 whooped the Boss302 not through hp, but better handling... so how is a hp boost gonna help the mustang GT500 when it is loosing the race in the twisties, not the straights?

The GT500 looses to the ZL1 at Leguna Seca in the rematch. Count on it.

And the GT500s I read about at the 'ring were running non-factory brakes, and who knows what else. And they cost more than a Z06 Vette, and are still slower.

Remember Ford lovers..... 2nd place is just the first loser.  :) 3rd place is... well, a Dodge.  :lol
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2012, 03:03:20 PM »
I beleive the reason the Vette gets picked to run with the Mustang is price .. it's in the same ballpark.
Two very different design paramaters ..not much of a contest.

The Camaro is the Mustang's competitor .. now if Chrysler would step up and do a 'Cuda in the same genre :)
(nothin against the Challenger, but .. imagine a smaller lighter more hp version retro '68 Cuda lookin affair, mayhap put together to go after SS/A an such again)

Frankly I'd drive any of 'em .. they *all* scratch all the right itches.
Just that bang for the buck ..my vote is with a used Vette..*very* tuff to match the performance for dollar spent.

-GE aka Frank

there is no question thagt the vette is the king. undisputed. even when the vipers were faster, they still were basiclly race cars adapted for the street....and my understanding is that they were uncomfortable due to this.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2012, 03:04:55 PM »
OK, so let me get this straight... the new GT500 will have a big boost in hp, but nothing else radical suspension or chassis wise that I've read.... and the Boss 302 has already been demonstrated to be faster than the current GT500 on a road course (C&D Lightning Lap, VIR ).... and the ZL1 whooped the Boss302 not through hp, but better handling... so how is a hp boost gonna help the mustang GT500 when it is loosing the race in the twisties, not the straights?

The GT500 looses to the ZL1 at Leguna Seca in the rematch. Count on it.

And the GT500s I read about at the 'ring were running non-factory brakes, and who knows what else. And they cost more than a Z06 Vette, and are still slower.

Remember Ford lovers..... 2nd place is just the first loser.  :) 3rd place is... well, a Dodge.  :lol

you might wanna read up on the new gt500. it's much much more than a hp boost.

and the boss302 is a few seconds slower than the current gt500 at vir. 2:58 vs 3:02(kinda funny that time, eh?)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 03:07:08 PM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2012, 03:09:14 PM »
I should have a steady job by October nad am already building my mustang

http://bp3.ford.com/2012-Ford-Mustang?referrer=FDAF-PaidSearch&partner=BPSearch&lang=en#/MakeItYours/Config%5B%7CFord%7CMustang%7C2012%7C1%7C1.%7C300A.P8C..UX..881.AR3Z-63280B10-BA.8R3Z-63132A08-AC.AR3Z-6344210-CA.89U.NFLEE.457.12A.44X.GT.COU.LESS.55D.43S.%5D

dude....from some of what i read that you post about flying in here, you seem more responsible, and somewhat smarter with more common sense than the average guy of your age.

DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE.

i think golfer would possibly agree with me here.....no one under 25 should have one of these cars. they are crazy fast, crazy capable of cornering like a slot car....and crazy capable of killing their occupants, if they get a little over confident.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2012, 03:14:13 PM »
dude....from some of what i read that you post about flying in here, you seem more responsible, and somewhat smarter with more common sense than the average guy of your age.

DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE.

i think golfer would possibly agree with me here.....no one under 25 should have one of these cars. they are crazy fast, crazy capable of cornering like a slot car....and crazy capable of killing their occupants, if they get a little over confident.

I agree with this, but O.T.O.H. if any younger person is capable of controlling themselves and being responsible with it, I think would be Tupac.

Besides I think? (hope) he was kidding anyway. There's better ways he can spend his money.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2012, 03:19:41 PM »

DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE.

I think the insurance cost will keep me away. It costs $130/month just to be insured in the Taurus.

I agree with this, but O.T.O.H. if any younger person is capable of controlling themselves and being responsible with it, I think would be Tupac.

Besides I think? (hope) he was kidding anyway. There's better ways he can spend his money.

Nah, I wasn't kidding. I do want a new car.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2012, 03:20:39 PM »

this is good points too. me personally.....i will be taking performance driving courses very very soon. i've got the boss302air dam, and splitter to install, then brake cooling ducts.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2012, 03:25:12 PM »
If Ford gave a crap about the overrated piece of junk called a Corvette, all they have to do is produce some more Ford GT's.   Wipe the vette butt off any track all day and all night.  Funny you don't see vettes in a real race situation very often.  Well, maybe not funny, rather it's telling that you don't.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2012, 03:47:10 PM »
If Ford gave a crap about the overrated piece of junk called a Corvette, all they have to do is produce some more Ford GT's.   Wipe the vette butt off any track all day and all night.  Funny you don't see vettes in a real race situation very often.  Well, maybe not funny, rather it's telling that you don't.

it also may be interestint to note that there were no camaros in the top ten of the continental tire challenge at daytona. 4 mustangs(including the race winner)and six beemers.

also what should be interesting to see, is how the new focus does in the st class.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"