Author Topic: Opinions on 12 hour switch times  (Read 6842 times)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Opinions on 12 hour switch times
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2012, 12:13:29 PM »
Talking about the current game with people that don't play anymore always made me go  :headscratch: and is a waste of time in any case  ;)

Ahh its not really that, its more the fact he doesn't doubt I have a problem, but because he reckons I am in the minority my problems don't matter. In this instance based on his argument that the majority don't really care about the 12 hour switch time why would it matter to them what the time limit was if they never switched? difference is they never used that option but why take mine away?  :rolleyes:

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2012, 12:18:39 PM »
you shouldn't be switching anyway  :t  :furious
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2012, 12:47:27 PM »
Ahh its not really that, its more the fact he doesn't doubt I have a problem, but because he reckons I am in the minority my problems don't matter. In this instance based on his argument that the majority don't really care about the 12 hour switch time why would it matter to them what the time limit was if they never switched? difference is they never used that option but why take mine away?  :rolleyes:

Well this argument went from '99%' to 'unfairly oppressed minority' in short order.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2012, 01:32:09 PM »
Well this argument went from '99%' to 'unfairly oppressed minority' in short order.

Ahh that old chestnut, I think you've forgotten what thread your posting in again, or more bizarrely made a hybrid opinion from different threads  :rofl

Here I'll roll out your 99% picture for you from the Puffy ack thread,

:bhead :bhead :bhead 10140 posts....I dread to look at the rest.... :lol

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2012, 01:32:18 PM »
After reading that, I don't think there is any point wasting my time trying to debate anything rationally with you anymore.

Why start now?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2012, 01:38:41 PM »
Talking about the current game with people that don't play anymore always made me go  :headscratch: and is a waste of time in any case  ;)

Whether or not Lev still plays has no bearing on the fact that he is correct and pervert isn't.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2012, 01:38:46 PM »
Ahh its not really that, its more the fact he doesn't doubt I have a problem, but because he reckons I am in the minority my problems don't matter. In this instance based on his argument that the majority don't really care about the 12 hour switch time why would it matter to them what the time limit was if they never switched? difference is they never used that option but why take mine away?  :rolleyes:

Stop being dense.  The issue isn't that your problem doesn't matter, but rather that your problem doesn't outweigh the problems caused by fixing it.  If a small group of players constantly changing sides in a large arena leads to frequent and severe side imbalances, and these side imbalances cause a lot of players (the ones who don't switch sides) to log off and cancel their accounts in frustration, then going back to one hour fixes nothing.

Do you think there's absolutely no correlation between going to the longer side switch timer, more stable and reasonable numbers between sides, and the overall increase in the arena population?  
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:47:10 PM by Dead Man Flying »

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2012, 01:56:52 PM »
Stop being dense.  The issue isn't that your problem doesn't matter, but rather that your problem doesn't outweigh the problems caused by fixing it.  If a small group of players constantly changing sides in a large arena leads to frequent and severe side imbalances, and these side imbalances cause a lot of players (the ones who don't switch sides) to log off and cancel their accounts in frustration, then going back to one hour fixes nothing.

Do you think think there's absolutely no correlation between going to the longer side switch timer, more stable and reasonable numbers between sides, and the overall increase in the arena population?  

Don't give me the dense line DMF I pay to play the game I have a right to voice and debate my opinion on how changes affect my gameplay  :rolleyes:. And unless your Hitech in disguise or are privy to information that I am not then what you typed is exactly what I typed an opinion based on your experience. In fact it can't really even be based on experience, I don't think you can really back up what your saying in the first paragraph without working for HTC.

Second paragraph, honestly no I don't I think people just like to fly with lots of people, ie the more people that are in an arena the more numbers it will attract, I'll give you an easy example to back that up, without fail when the arenas were split when logging in the arena with greater numbers attracted more players.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2012, 02:04:47 PM »
:bhead :bhead :bhead 10140 posts....I dread to look at the rest.... :lol

I'm not entirely sure why you seem tempted but I look forward to the whines you'll no doubt share if you do.  :D

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2012, 02:05:47 PM »
And Leviathn if you wouldn't mind could you please tell me why you stopped playing this game? What process lead you quit something you clearly at some stage very much enjoyed?

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2012, 02:06:27 PM »
I'm not entirely sure why you seem tempted but I look forward to the whines you'll no doubt share if you do.  :D

Any update on the lesbian situation?  :frown:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2012, 02:07:36 PM »
Second paragraph, honestly no I don't I think people just like to fly with lots of people, ie the more people that are in an arena the more numbers it will attract, I'll give you an easy example to back that up, without fail when the arenas were split when logging in the arena with greater numbers attracted more players.

Second paragraph could use a re-write. Doesn't really make sense.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2012, 02:08:19 PM »
Any update on the lesbian situation?  :frown:

Post some pics and guess there might be.  :t

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2012, 02:10:07 PM »
Don't give me the dense line DMF I pay to play the game I have a right to voice and debate my opinion on how changes affect my gameplay  :rolleyes:

Nobody said you didn't have a right to voice your opinion.  I just noted that your opinion is poorly constructed at best.  Big difference!

And unless your Hitech in disguise or are privy to information that I am not then what you typed is exactly what I typed an opinion based on your experience. In fact it can't really even be based on experience, I don't think you can really back up what your saying in the first paragraph without working for HTC.

Perhaps you could just ask HiTech himself the rationale for the change in a private message.  Somebody in this thread did, and it wasn't you.

You're not even addressing a point I made.  BTW, the arena with greater numbers would always, by definition, have attracted the most players.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2012, 02:10:21 PM »
And Leviathn if you wouldn't mind could you please tell me why you stopped playing this game? What process lead you quit something you clearly at some stage very much enjoyed?

Are you somehow hoping that, though he doesn't agree with your take on the 12 hour switch, that somehow he'll post something that resembles quitting AHII because of the 12 hour switch or are you fishing for a whole new topic to surround a protest with?