Author Topic: Collisions  (Read 12053 times)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: Collisions
« Reply #195 on: April 07, 2012, 10:01:22 PM »
Stay off the roads and generally you won't get hit by the trucks. I know your tank it's faster on the road but the truck is king there. Ditto for the trains on the tracks.

I just logged on real quick to find 16 players in MW. About as busy as I ever see in there. How it's possible to collide in such an empty place is beyond comprehension. It's like walking into a wall in an empty room. But your squad is training you. I forgot.

You're just never gonna get that it's never "both" so just insert an emoticon for infinite face palms here.

We're all still waiting for your elegant solution to the problem. Still dancing around that question?
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #196 on: April 08, 2012, 03:55:27 AM »
Stay off the roads and generally you won't get hit by the trucks. I know your tank it's faster on the road but the truck is king there. Ditto for the trains on the tracks.
The last truck that hit me wasn't ON A ROAD and AFAIK there was no road in sight. I don't run on roads anyway

How it's possible to collide in such an empty place is beyond comprehension.
Which serves to illustrate the limits of your comprehension ... To begin, Two people FLY at each other ... This is usually a mutual decision although one partys REAL intention may be attacking a different object or aircraft ... Had an interesting 7 to 1 (I was the 1) suprise confrontation this afternoon ... Managed to escape that and land ... must be doing SOMETHING right I guess.

We're all still waiting for your elegant solution to the problem. Still dancing around that question?
You should probably read a few of my previous posts ... it's been stated many times.
:cool:
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #197 on: April 08, 2012, 08:11:17 AM »
The last truck that hit me wasn't ON A ROAD and AFAIK there was no road in sight. I don't run on roads anyway
Which serves to illustrate the limits of your comprehension ... To begin, Two people FLY at each other ... This is usually a mutual decision although one partys REAL intention may be attacking a different object or aircraft ... Had an interesting 7 to 1 (I was the 1) suprise confrontation this afternoon ... Managed to escape that and land ... must be doing SOMETHING right I guess.
You should probably read a few of my previous posts ... it's been stated many times.
:cool:

I said"generally" for a reason. I told you I got hit sitting on a runway. No roads there.

What you're having a hard time comprehending is we aren't physically flying at each other we're virtually flying at each other. There are limits to the virtual world. Take some time to educate yourself on those limits, understand and accept they're a fact of life. It's the internet. It is what it is at this time. It's gotten much, much better over the years. This used to be a lot worse but now it's better. And it'll continue to get better but perfection, if that's even possible, is years away. Your 6 months in this game doesn't equip you to speak intelligently on this subject (or many others as you've clearly demonstrated). I've been doing this for about 15 years and back in the day the world was on dialup--because that's all anyone had. Delays were in the hundreds or low thousands where today on cable it might be in the tens. Variances were all over the map where now they're relatively flat--unless you're still on dialup. Actual long time players --not the ones you consider long time players--will remember planes zipping all over the sky because of variance swings and whole swaths of planes dsiappearing from the arena because of some internet burp somewhere in the world. That hasn't happened much in recent years as things have improved dramatically. However, I do recall seeing a guy a few months back that was doing the zip zip thing. We saw him fly right into the ground and then pop up a thousand yards away in another direction. He did this for what seemed like a few minutes while we were all laughing before he simply blew up. It was like seeing a unicorn. Dude---it's not the game. At all.

Your problem is bad flying period. Try flying toward the other guy and not at him and your "problem" will go away.

I've been watching you dodge and dance around questions for months. You haven't given a direct answer here either beyond it's simple. Give us a detailed description of how you think this "problem" can be fixed. Still waiting.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 10:14:43 AM by Drano »
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #198 on: April 08, 2012, 09:37:33 AM »
Drano, somewhere oin the middle, he did state he believes people would be much happier if they were to run into invisible planes when they get somewhat close to other planes.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #199 on: April 08, 2012, 09:42:54 AM »
yup, and even more bizarrely he thinks that most other AH players also want to take damage when they didnt even hit another aircraft ... :headscratch:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2012, 10:06:45 AM »
Bizarre is a good adjective for this guy. I don't consider him unintelligent but it's beyond me how he can totally reject the factor that the internet has on an internet game. And he uses the word comprehension. <SMH>
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #201 on: April 08, 2012, 12:43:07 PM »
hitech should write in some code in a future version they can turn on at will for specific players.. give them "you take damage when someone collides with you", and see how long it takes for them to come back whining about how they "weren't anywhere near the other guy and collided!". so whenever someone posts in collision thread that both should take damage, hitech or skuzzy can go turn their "idiotic collision flag" from 0 to 1 and let them have what they want!  :D

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #202 on: April 08, 2012, 08:40:07 PM »
it's beyond me how he can totally reject the factor that the internet has on an internet game.
Please quote for me ANY statement I've made rejecting internet time lag ANYWHERE in this thread... I've acknowledged it repeatedly ... I have no expectation that ANYONE can do ANYTHING about that ... It causes the situation THE GAME has to deal with inre: collisions ... The issue -I- am concerned with is HOW THE GAME deals with those collisions, (a programed CHOICE, that can be easily modified) NOT the technical internet imperfections involved. (do you get it yet?)

And he uses the word comprehension.
As in, evidently you don't ... ask skuzzy to explain it to you, he gets paid for it ...
:bhead

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #203 on: April 08, 2012, 08:54:20 PM »
yup, and even more bizarrely he thinks that most other AH players also want to take damage when they didnt even hit another aircraft ... :headscratch:
I'd say, on average, I listen to 3 or 4 rants a week about  -THE OTHER GUY- flying away from a collision and how "He should have crashed too..." and that's in the slow and sedate MWA ... Ocassionally I hear the guy whos wondering WHY he DIDN'T crash after a Mid Air event...

How many guys have you heard recently PRAISING the collision system ... It's a subject that only comes up when someone is suprised and usually angry.

The sycophantic (nuther big word - look it up) responses and derision heaped on anyone DARING to express their disappointment with this game "feature" simply drives them away. It doesn't resolve anything and creates more disenchantment with AH ... This is NOT the way to attract new players or paying customers.
:huh

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #204 on: April 08, 2012, 09:01:48 PM »

How many guys have you heard recently PRAISING the collision system ... It's a subject that only comes up when someone is suprised and usually angry.

Most everyone involved in this thread besides you.

HiTech

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #205 on: April 08, 2012, 09:26:30 PM »
Syncopants ... you know that ... they routinely dissuade anyone with "unacceptable" ideas ...
I suppose the wishlist/bbs is a good humanitarian mouse trap for them and prevents them causing problems.
:ahand

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #206 on: April 08, 2012, 09:55:23 PM »
No logos.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #207 on: April 08, 2012, 10:45:55 PM »

HiTech

:aok for the current collision model

Syncopants ... you know that ... they routinely dissuade anyone with "unacceptable" ideas ...
I suppose the wishlist/bbs is a good humanitarian mouse trap for them and prevents them causing problems.

:bhead
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2012, 11:23:03 PM »

Actually I am as far from a HTC "yes man" or groupie as they come.  I regularly complain about other facets of the game. The collision system, however, is pretty much perfect.  Save your whines for more controversial things like puffy ack.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2012, 11:37:50 PM »
Well I just logged after yet another perfectly enjoyable night in the LW arena flying a positively huge P-38 (that you'd think it'd be real easy to have collisions in) in a really busy area where people were actually flying at all alts and strangely---I didn't collide with anyone at all tonight. Imagine that? There was probably more people between the two bases I was fighting at than there were in the whole MW arena tonight. There was 19 in there when I logged on btw. (Woo Woo)! Got into several tight turning fights with the usual Spits and Laffers, etc. Nothing collided with anything else but bullets on airframes. What's the problem again? Could it be you just don't fly very well? It IS just you complaining. Saying there's this huge number of people upset just doesn't cut it. Where they all at? Look, you don't **represent** anyone here. You don't speak for **anyone**. You're your own ideal remember? Your squad that upset? None of em have a BBS account? Where they all at? They're your friends right? Where's this groundswell of pee'd off people of which you speak? I'm sure you'll dance around those questions as you have every other one. Simple enough to answer tho. They either exist or they don't. Where they at?

The game is how we sycophants like it. It's hard. We want it that way. Adapt--or go back to the EZ mode game you came from. It's not gonna change because you don't like it. It's not gonna get dumbed down because you can't figure it out. Or because you throw a tantrum like a 3 year old. Take your lumps and get better and this won't be a problem. In this game you don't go from newb to vet in a few weeks or a couple of months. It takes time. That's the process. Runnin your mouth ain't gonna get you there bro. It's certainly not gaining you any respect here.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"