Author Topic: Replace 190a8 with a9!  (Read 3610 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: Replace 190a8 with a9!
« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2012, 10:10:38 PM »
I know this is an older thread. No intention to stir any pots here, just wondering if there is anything in the works for any new planes, or more specifically any new to LWMA Lw planes. Merely curious here, I have no complaints about the current Lw lineup and wouldn't want to see any disappear. My only observation after only 2 months of play would be that I don't seem to notice any armor difference between the 190A-5 vs. the 190A-8, however with the damage I'm sustaining maybe any extra armor wouldn't make a difference.

:salute
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2012, 10:38:59 PM »
I know this is an older thread. No intention to stir any pots here, just wondering if there is anything in the works for any new planes, or more specifically any new to LWMA Lw planes. Merely curious here, I have no complaints about the current Lw lineup and wouldn't want to see any disappear. My only observation after only 2 months of play would be that I don't seem to notice any armor difference between the 190A-5 vs. the 190A-8, however with the damage I'm sustaining maybe any extra armor wouldn't make a difference.

190A8 is supposed to be more armored but the few times I flew it, I died just as easily if I had been in a 190A5. The A5 is more maneuverable and therefore, has a better chance of surviving than the dump truck that is the A8.

A5 > A8.

Likewise, the F8 dies just as easily if I ever run across one. F6Fs eats taters all the time. Il-2s eats taters, all the time. A-20s eats taters. FM2 and F4Fs eats taters. 190A8 and F8 goes boom with one tater all the time. Armored? Pfffttt.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2012, 10:40:45 PM »
I actually feel the 190F8 is more heavily armored.

I've taken a HELL of a lot of ack to the front before, and the engine seems pretty damn well armored. Infact, I can't really recall a time when I actually lost my engine on the 190F-8 without having a 110 or something packing 30mm's HO me.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2012, 11:05:56 PM »
Do they let us know when there is a new ride in the works?

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2012, 11:15:59 PM »
F6Fs eats taters all the time.  FM2 and F4Fs eats taters.
:huh
Film? I have never once tatered a *fighter* without them losing at LEAST a stab or engine, I honestly just want to see a film of it happening as I am curious. I hear about people whining "I hit him with 30mm but he took no damage bs!!" etc. But have never had it happen to a fighter before, fighters are 1 hitter quitters with taters, unless you only hit their stab or engine.  :headscratch:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2012, 05:01:14 AM »
:huh
Film? I have never once tatered a *fighter* without them losing at LEAST a stab or engine, I honestly just want to see a film of it happening as I am curious. I hear about people whining "I hit him with 30mm but he took no damage bs!!" etc. But have never had it happen to a fighter before, fighters are 1 hitter quitters with taters, unless you only hit their stab or engine.  :headscratch:

They lose an elevator all the time. Not a stab. Still, where a tater would've made another plane explode or lose a tail, the planes I mentioned would still be in flying condition. You can test it offline if you like. Or we could do it in the DA

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2012, 07:02:01 PM »
This is a great classic thread to dig up for a resurection, good taste.   :aok

First, welcome to AH, you'll find there is much here to learn (it never stops for most, either the workings of the game, aviation or history).

In regards to the A-5 and A-8, there's the randoms of what region is taking the damage and which have been "reinforced" with aditional armor and then the randomness inherant with the current damage model (the A8's wings were reinforced with aditional armor on the leading forward edges, engine cowl and windscreen - all placed defensively forward to aid in protecting the pilot and a/c from bomber's defensive fire.  To everyone's knowledge though, the current damage model doesn't recognise damage taken to a wing from a specific diretion, only damage has been delivered to the l/r-wing-tip, l/r-wing, l/r-wing-root, etc.).  Personaly I do observe an increased toughness in the A8 and F8 compared to the others, neither one can eat a tatter or a couple nicely placed 20mm canon shells to the wing without some indigestion, but compared to the A-5 and D-9 they are rather resilient against .30 and .50cal ammunition (to a point).  An upgraded damage model has been openly desired by the players and HTC's for improvement in this area (and it's already been in the works, checkout the WWI arena and its a/c for a better idea and current implimentation), however it is not immediatley necessary and would tie up a lot of development resources to impliment everywhere (every aircarft would need some remodling and hopefuly testing)... someday though.

In terms of new luft late war aircraft, we recently (and the most recent) received the Me-410 (mid to mid-late time period).  She's not a knife fighter though or one to compete against them, more like your grandpa's buick (if it had a mostly greenhouse/glass cockpit) but with really awesome offensive gun packages ideal for slicing buffs in half).
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:05:59 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2012, 07:20:47 PM »
This is a great classic thread to dig up for a resurection, good taste.   :aok

First, welcome to AH, you'll find there is much here to learn (it never stops for most, either the workings of the game, aviation or history).

In regards to the A-5 and A-8, there's the randoms of what region is taking the damage and which have been "reinforced" with aditional armor and then the randomness inherant with the current damage model (the A8's wings were reinforced with aditional armor on the leading forward edges, engine cowl and windscreen - all placed defensively forward to aid in protecting the pilot and a/c from bomber's defensive fire.  To everyone's knowledge though, the current damage model doesn't recognise damage taken to a wing from a specific diretion, only damage has been delivered to the l/r-wing-tip, l/r-wing, l/r-wing-root, etc.).  Personaly I do observe an increased toughness in the A8 and F8 compared to the others, neither one can eat a tatter or a couple nicely placed 20mm canon shells to the wing without some indigestion, but compared to the A-5 and D-9 they are rather resilient against .30 and .50cal ammunition (to a point).  An upgraded damage model has been openly desired by the players and HTC's for improvement in this area (and it's already been in the works, checkout the WWI arena and its a/c for a better idea and current implimentation), however it is not immediatley necessary and would tie up a lot of development resources to impliment everywhere (every aircarft would need some remodling and hopefuly testing)... someday though.

In terms of new luft late war aircraft, we recently (and the most recent) received the Me-410 (mid to mid-late time period).  She's not a knife fighter though or one to compete against them, more like your grandpa's buick (if it had a mostly greenhouse/glass cockpit) but with really awesome offensive gun packages ideal for slicing buffs in half).

Thanks for the welcome. I'll have to read up on the Me-410 and practice with it. I flew it when I was checking out all the rides in the beginning and that aspect never occurred to me. I did try it to dive bomb a couple of times, but really don't recall how that went. I've been a bit frustrated chasing B17s and Lancs with the Fw's, I'm beginning to comprehend why.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2012, 02:33:31 AM »
Can I just duct-tape the 410's 50mm onto my 190?
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...