Author Topic: A20 Tie Fighter Mystery  (Read 19949 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Re: A20 Tie Fighter Mystery
« Reply #195 on: August 30, 2012, 11:59:12 AM »
I appreciate ingenuity and clever ACM.  However, I am for anything that ensures the A20 is NOT a fighter killing monster (as was the case in WWII).  :old:
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #196 on: August 30, 2012, 12:40:50 PM »
I appreciate ingenuity and clever ACM.  However, I am for anything that ensures the A20 is NOT a fighter killing monster (as was the case in WWII).  :old:

it's not...it is quite easy to kill....even when Cobia is in it.....although he makes it a bit more difficult. 

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2012, 07:58:37 AM »
it's not...it is quite easy to kill....even when Cobia is in it.....although he makes it a bit more difficult.

I agree.

I have seen some A20's do things that defy physics it seems.  If this is what they could do in WWII then more power to those pilots otherwise it should be fixed.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #198 on: August 31, 2012, 08:11:46 AM »
I agree.

I have seen some A20's do things that defy physics it seems.  If this is what they could do in WWII then more power to those pilots otherwise it should be fixed.

Then you would have to change every plane in the game. In real life there were rules and limitations they put on planes for safety, or to not over stress parts to have an aircraft last longer. The maneuvers we do in most fighters would not have been used in the real world due to these limits and rules. Structurally the aircraft COULD do it, but they didn't want you to do it. With the ability to get another clean and ready plane, or just another life, we can push those limits.

To limit the A20 because they didn't do it in real life means you would have to limit everything else.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #199 on: August 31, 2012, 09:11:36 AM »
Good points Fugitive.

To limit the A20 because they didn't do it in real life means you would have to limit everything else.

How about we just tweak the A20 to inhibit it to be able to fly like a Tie Fighter?  No need to change the entire game.  The context of this thread is just to tweak the A20 into normalcy with respect to it being able to be flown as a fighter plane.  Thats it.

I am not stuck on this.  If there are overwhelming people that pay their $ in major part to be able to fly an A20 as a Tie Fighter so be it.

It is just a preference.  Like Ink says...you can still shoot them down!
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #200 on: August 31, 2012, 11:17:12 AM »
Good points Fugitive.

How about we just tweak the A20 to inhibit it to be able to fly like a Tie Fighter?  No need to change the entire game.  The context of this thread is just to tweak the A20 into normalcy with respect to it being able to be flown as a fighter plane.  Thats it.

I am not stuck on this.  If there are overwhelming people that pay their $ in major part to be able to fly an A20 as a Tie Fighter so be it.

It is just a preference.  Like Ink says...you can still shoot them down!

In what way do you feel it is like a "tie fighter"  :headscratch:
  Most late war rides will outrun it,some will out turn it,most will out climb it.
 The only thing it has going for it  is great guns,outstanding zoom climb,and one of the best rudders in the game.
 ohhhh and rumor has it that it can carry 8 500 lb bombs too

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #201 on: August 31, 2012, 11:27:20 AM »

Most late war rides will outrun it,some will out turn it,most will out climb it.
 The only thing it has going for it  is great guns,outstanding zoom climb,and one of the best rudders in the game.

and 2 lives, and F3
now posting as SirNuke

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #202 on: August 31, 2012, 11:39:26 AM »
and 2 lives, and F3

please explain how F3 makes it manuver better,IA out turn/out run/outclimb/ect.

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #203 on: August 31, 2012, 11:59:54 AM »
please explain how F3 makes it manuver better,IA out turn/out run/outclimb/ect.

its still part of its capabilities
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #204 on: August 31, 2012, 12:39:19 PM »

The problem that some people have is that the A-20 in game is that it's capabilities in game sometimes don't mesh with reality.  In real life, the A-20 was restricted from maneuvering like some pilots throw it around in game and they probably would like to see the same restrictions placed on it in real life be placed on it in game.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: August 31, 2012, 12:46:45 PM »
The problem that some people have is that the A-20 in game is that it's capabilities in game sometimes don't mesh with reality.  In real life, the A-20 was restricted from maneuvering like some pilots throw it around in game and they probably would like to see the same restrictions placed on it in real life be placed on it in game.

ack-ack

Make it realistic where if you pose unrestricted moves you break off parts off the aircraft. I agree, just because it was "tested" and could do a barrel roll, does not mean it was done in combat, more so i would see this as being completely restricted.

Actually I take it back, its a video game - things are going to be done in the video game that wern't done in real life, i.e you can barrel roll a B-17 in game. I would honestly oppose to a G-limit for the aircraft, that won't allow it going beyond that.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:51:22 PM by Butcher »
JG 52

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #206 on: August 31, 2012, 12:47:21 PM »
what were the G-limits for the Havoc?
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #207 on: August 31, 2012, 01:32:44 PM »
what were the G-limits for the Havoc?
An A-20G pilot verbally told me that rolling upside down was forbidden.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #208 on: August 31, 2012, 01:55:10 PM »
The problem that some people have is that the A-20 in game is that it's capabilities in game sometimes don't mesh with reality.  In real life, the A-20 was restricted from maneuvering like some pilots throw it around in game and they probably would like to see the same restrictions placed on it in real life be placed on it in game.

ack-ack

but the same could be said about a lot of planes in the game. F4's and their tricks, B17's doing barrel rolls and so on.  Where would it stop? You'd even have to change the P38, see "autoretracting flaps"  :noid

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #209 on: August 31, 2012, 02:32:39 PM »
Where would it stop?

Simple.  Bombers.  Just planes designed to be pure bombers.  NOT fighter planes.  :old:
-- Flying as X15 --