Author Topic: Your setup  (Read 13764 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: Your setup
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 05:01:53 PM »

X-52 is screwed onto a bamboo cutting board. :lol  Used the high density padding that came with the monitor under the board to keep from scratching the desk.  I put the board on my lap for flying and it is comfy (not quite like a stripper, but oh well).  That black box was made by my squaddie, Haxxor.  It gives me extra buttons that really help expedite getting shot down.   :joystick:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 05:16:33 PM »
Damn that looks comfty as hell, I need a new chair :(

It's from a Honda Prelude GT, all manual adjustments with lumbar and seat heater!
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 06:22:12 PM »
It's from a Honda Prelude GT, all manual adjustments with lumbar and seat heater!

Mines made from China and comes with extra lead poisoning.
JG 52

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 06:34:00 PM »
Holy cow....
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 06:38:06 PM »
Nice setup PAND...how do you keep your Pedals from slipping all over the place? Mine slip all over the place unless i put them up against the wall. I am extremely violent with my rudders though.
The Pedals are actually pulled out just for the picture ---- I put a spacer near the wall for the pedals to rest up against so they're the 'right' distance from my chair.  Haven't had any issue with slippage :)

Regarding having my arm in the air, I can't imagine doing it any other way --- if I get lazy, then so does my accuracy!  :bolt:

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 06:44:05 PM »
Wow! Some of those rigs look like they costs thousands...
My setup = $20 keyboard, $20 mouse, computer that runs AH lowest settings at a 30 FPS max, and a $15 Logitech 3D Pro...  :huh
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 07:47:06 PM »
My setup = $20 keyboard, $20 mouse, computer that runs AH lowest settings at a 30 FPS max, and a $15 Logitech 3D Pro...  :huh

So you copied my rig ??

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 07:47:54 PM »

RB, some of us have a disease ok??  :x

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 07:54:24 PM »

I had a used laptop for 5 years that barely ran aces high on NO graphics, my business finally picked up at a safe pace that I went out and bought my rig and monitor as well as flight stick.

I spent a few grand, but its the only thing I spend money on next to beer, food and aces high:)
JG 52

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 08:07:41 PM »
I had a used laptop for 5 years that barely ran aces high on NO graphics, my business finally picked up at a safe pace that I went out and bought my rig and monitor as well as flight stick.

I spent a few grand, but its the only thing I spend money on next to beer, food and aces high:)

Amen to that :angel:

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 08:18:57 PM »
Amen to that :angel:

This is what you need Mk-84:
JG 52

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 09:27:20 PM »
If you do the math on how much of time is spent flying aces, and compare it to how long the equipment lasts... it's pretty easy to justify the entertainment cost per hour.   :joystick:

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2012, 09:30:43 PM »
Where all the "magic" happens

Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2012, 09:43:28 PM »
LMFAO at picture on the wall!!!!! I know that guy!  :lol :lol :rofl :rofl

Too fluff'n funny god
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 09:46:18 PM by SilverZ06 »

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2012, 09:48:09 PM »
Where all the "magic" happens