Author Topic: Me410  (Read 18069 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Me410
« Reply #240 on: August 02, 2012, 08:40:45 AM »
Anybody experienced any funky stalls in 410? I have.

It flicks quite easily into a flat stall that is guaranteed to take you down to turf with no chance to recover.

-C+

I did it once, pulled max force on the stick right, aileron right, rudder left. It went into a flat spin and I dropped about 3000ft until I cut the engines and rudder opposite of the spin.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #241 on: August 02, 2012, 02:50:20 PM »
Patch 4 tweaked the damage model on the 410, according to the notes. Anybody notice any difference as of today?

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #242 on: August 03, 2012, 12:12:47 AM »
Patch 4 tweaked the damage model on the 410, according to the notes. Anybody notice any difference as of today?

I ate one up with my A-20... Shot off its wing, then exploded it with the next shot... However, they seem a bit more durable than before. It took a good burst to blow it up. Then again, I hit a P-47 with a snap shot and it burned immediately.
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #243 on: August 03, 2012, 01:45:03 AM »

should be noted it was really the pilot wound/kill that was moded I believe

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #244 on: August 03, 2012, 01:53:53 AM »
should be noted it was really the pilot wound/kill that was moded I believe

Sounds like it wasn't just the pilot. It was both. To quote the patch notes:

"It's a little more durable and more resistant to pilot kills."

"and" to me suggests 2 areas of change.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #245 on: August 06, 2012, 06:24:36 PM »
Some complained it caught fire easier than the betty, so maybe that was its other toughness tweak.  Personaly, I couldn't comment on that as I always got PW or killed before being lit aflame while flying it prior to patch 4.  I feel it take two-three stray bbs to PW the 410 now where before it barely took one.

The flat stall in it is wicked, and I have stalled it way too low to recover a couple times, but it is recoverable if yuo work the engines and throttle.  Getting into a nasty tail-first backwards slide with a aft-heavy 152 is much worse imho (and eats up altitude faster, but thats just my opinion).
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #246 on: August 06, 2012, 09:47:40 PM »
Never lost rear fuselage or tail, consistently lose wings still.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #247 on: August 06, 2012, 09:49:05 PM »
Never lost rear fuselage or tail, consistently lose wings still.

Probably because you blow up before that will ever happen. I did have a 410 eat a tater in the tail and fly away with one missing elevator.  :huh :bhead

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #248 on: August 07, 2012, 02:44:08 AM »
The pilot doesn't die first time, every time, any more, but I am still worried about the damage. The wings seem very fragile. Seemed to me it was the entire wing on one side that went 3 or 4 sorties in a row, from any kind of fire.

Also, it says the ENTIRE wing is gone but the half-wing out past the engine is still there and the engine is running. Wouldn't the entire wing mean that was gone? Not sure if that's a bug or some kind of oversight, or what?

I've also been noticing a severe locking up of the elevators in shallow dives even with dive brakes out. Anybody else getting this?

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #249 on: August 07, 2012, 12:17:01 PM »
The pilot doesn't die first time, every time, any more, but I am still worried about the damage. The wings seem very fragile. Seemed to me it was the entire wing on one side that went 3 or 4 sorties in a row, from any kind of fire.

Also, it says the ENTIRE wing is gone but the half-wing out past the engine is still there and the engine is running. Wouldn't the entire wing mean that was gone? Not sure if that's a bug or some kind of oversight, or what?

I've also been noticing a severe locking up of the elevators in shallow dives even with dive brakes out. Anybody else getting this?

Yes I've seen this too...seems over modeled for fragility.  :rock
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,