Author Topic: What do u think of the guy who shoot's u in your chute?  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
What do u think of the guy who shoot's u in your chute?
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2001, 05:45:00 PM »
Basketball analogy: it's not "in your face" violence by the winning team.  The game continues.  Chute shooting is trash talking. Some take it in stride, some get pissed off, and some prefer not to do it.

Consider this case today in the MA.  I'm flying in a 205, and engage a zeke.  He turns hard.  I turn with him once around and then realize that I'm a moron, so I just firewall it and head to the nearby shoreline where there's a "chute" on the ground.  The zeke follows (at a distance of course).  I strafe the chute, and that's guaranteed the fixation of the zeke.  I drag him around a bit, then set him up high for a countryman in a Chawg.

I had another 205 sortie some time ago where I beat the same Chog pilot 5 times in one sortie (all ait-to-air).  But now I'm winchester and low on fuel, so I head for home.  The chog pilot runs 20 miles to attack me, forces me to turn, I run out of gas, and he gets me.  In spite of the low level, I bail, and make it to a chute.  Right before I  hit the ground, he strafes me.

You guys would deny me the satisfaction of knowing I really pissed off that Chawg driver.

We should have a film contest for who can present the best guncamera action of chute strafing.

SwampRat

« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2001, 06:34:00 PM »
If an unlucky bailer happens to find himself in front of my guns...the chute gets shot.  Wouldn't waste any time going back just to kill a chute though.
Swamp

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2001, 06:39:00 PM »

We should have a film contest for who can present the best guncamera action of chute strafing.

I'd have a real competitive film for this one.  A 5 kill sortie where I'm RTB at 5k and a chute is just hanging there directly in front of me, tempting me, beckoning my bullets  I only had 20 rounds of ammo left at the time.  Even the most die-hard-never-shoot-a-chute people would have trouble resisting that urge

AKDejaVu

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2001, 07:07:00 PM »
 Didnt catch it on film, but if i did it would probably win. A guy bailed at what must have been 10 or so. "doubt he ment to" I was in a panzer watching him float down for a loooong time. He was just getting near the ground when I drove up to him "hey it was otw" and blamo. to his credit he didnt whine about it