Author Topic: 150 octane fuel  (Read 10141 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: 150 octane fuel
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2012, 01:03:55 PM »
Well luftweenies do get a super luftweenie aeroplane, the Me 262, so what's wrong with the Allies using their super fuel for perkies as well?  Luftweenies afraid their luftweenie super plane might be challanged more frequently? :rolleyes:

A crap ton of Allied planes already run from Luftwaffe planes..and people actually want them to run faster?  :headscratch: :huh

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2012, 01:07:11 PM »
This is supposed to be a simulation according to the website, so lets simulate that.
It simulates the flight models of the planes, not the scenarios. At least not in the arenas it doesn't. I searched and searched history books and found lots about knights and bishops involved in fighting, but they had little to do with planes. It seems as if Rook as a nation never existed.

The choice which plane to model and with which details are HTC choice. They choose what they think is best and I have a strange feeling that they dont think that 150 oct fuel is what AH needs right now. If somehow they run out of new planes to add, updated the graphic engine, improved the damage models, implemented perked ordnance system, added active AI and new mission system to the arenas and find themselves coming to work wondering what else is left to do - I am sure that THEN would be the perfect time to consider 150 oct fuel.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2012, 01:32:38 PM »
Because its more fun to listen to you guys whine about how your buts are being handed to you by luftweenies because you don't have 150 super fuel?

just a possibility...

I have made no such claim or insinuation in this thread so please don't accuse me of it.  Frankly, my participation in this thread is exclusively to promote making the Spitfire Mk XIV possibly be worth the perk cost it has.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #228 on: August 14, 2012, 04:52:22 PM »
Just like its my choice to make a request to up the sim potential. As far as Delirium (I spelled it wrong, sorry D) WEP did damage in most planes too. My pony for instance had to be stripped down after WEP was used which is not modeled.

As for you guys talking about us running... Hrm... Of course we do when we know we are no longer fighting our fight. But K4s flew how many sorties? Compared to P51s? C'mon guys.

When was the last time you fought the Debden boys?

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #229 on: August 14, 2012, 06:13:24 PM »
Well, luftweenies do get a super luftweenie aeroplane, the Me 262, so what's wrong with the Allies using their super fuel for perkies as well?  Luftweenies afraid their luftweenie super plane might be challenged more frequently? :rolleyes:

no but midway is afraid to admit his loss is due to his lack of skill.... :ahand
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #230 on: August 14, 2012, 06:15:19 PM »
Just like its my choice to make a request to up the sim potential. As far as Delirium (I spelled it wrong, sorry D) WEP did damage in most planes too. My pony for instance had to be stripped down after WEP was used which is not modeled.

I read somewhere that without wep, many planes had their engines replaced after 50 hours of flight... Also, engine failure was common. The lack of scarcity alone makes the use of wep, super fuels, etc... abused above and beyond realistic parameters.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:17:09 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #231 on: August 14, 2012, 06:25:02 PM »
no but midway is afraid to admit his loss is due to his lack of skill.... :ahand

Huh????? :huh :huh :huh

150 Octane to catch more runners. :old:

Many are so scared of my Spitfire MK VIII, they run... run like the wind!  

:airplane: - - - -                                                     :airplane:  :joystick:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:27:31 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #232 on: August 14, 2012, 07:40:44 PM »
A brilliant response as always TankAce.

You keep bringing up arguments against 150 that aren't valid.  I point them out.  And it's my comprehension that's a problem.  Hate to break it to you that I see no need for 150 fuel either.

I must confess though, this is the first thread where I've been jumped by both sides in the argument.  You guys should have been around the first few times we had it, when Kurfurst and Crumpp got going.  They make you guys look like amateurs  :aok

Right Milo? :)

If the preformance of the P-51 were changed, that change would be present in any and all use of the aircraft, even if we want differnt preformance to reflect a different time period or theater of operations. Hence, PTO is relevent to the question of "Should we change the P-51 to use 150 octane fuel?".
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #233 on: August 14, 2012, 08:40:42 PM »
I must confess though, this is the first thread where I've been jumped by both sides in the argument.  You guys should have been around the first few times we had it, when Kurfurst and Crumpp got going.  They make you guys look like amateurs  :aok

Right Milo? :)

You bet. :cheers:

The Dynamic Duo make those now appear to be fresh out of their diapers. Hip waders and a bilge pump was required when those two posted for the amount of sewage spewed.

Just be thankful Crumpp isn't still around. The Banana forum on the Spit I, http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=33245  Kurfurst (Barbi) didn't post as he was on a forum vacation (temporary ban) for his revisionist Nazi history.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #234 on: August 14, 2012, 08:54:48 PM »
You bet. :cheers:

The Dynamic Duo make those now appear to be fresh out of their diapers. Hip waders and a bilge pump was required when those two posted for the amount of sewage spewed.

Just be thankful Crumpp isn't still around. The Banana forum on the Spit I, http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=33245  Kurfurst (Barbi) didn't post as he was on a forum vacation (temporary ban) for his revisionist Nazi history.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I try to stay out of these,errr discussions, but Milo's comment was just too funny,true but funny nonetheless! :devil

:salute

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2012, 01:03:17 AM »
Kurfurst (Barbi) didn't post as he was on a forum vacation (temporary ban) for his revisionist Nazi history.

I'd say "again?", but that would imply surprise.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2012, 08:04:10 AM »
the 200lb overweight that Baumer showed, suported with german documents, yes I would pay a perkie.
That would give me 8500 sorties to fly, even if I died in every sortie  :devil

really? even 1perk seems expensive to make your plane ~30lb lighter :bolt:
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2012, 08:47:48 AM »
the ~200lb "overweight" was down to a schoolboy error - Imp and US gallons are not the same. see:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,321238.0.html

our A8 is either; 35lb too light, or 20lb too heavy, depending on whether the winter equipment was fitted.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli