Author Topic: Strat.  (Read 5644 times)

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
Re: Strat.
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2012, 04:25:30 PM »
Some people speak more then 1 language :)

While others are not fluent in hiteceeez

HiTech
:rofl :rofl :rofl
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2012, 05:31:24 PM »
Lusche,

Does this new variable mean how strats relate to the game are about to be redefined making them a much more interactive part of winning the war rather than the current long range seemingly no effect on game play target for bombers?

Do you work for HTC or can tell me Wednesday's 6 Super Lotto Plus numbers by any chance? I've noticed absolutes in hiteceez are only when he pronounces one. Otherwise, how you present your 20 questions is part of the process.

Bigger than a breadbox, smaller than a Quazar, or is this a prepatory step to another change and how energetic.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2012, 05:38:02 PM »
I suggest the use of simple English if you are really looking for answers from me in the future.

Thank you.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2012, 05:53:20 PM »
Does this new variable mean how strats relate to the game[/i] are about to be redefined making them a much more interactive part of winning the war rather than the current long range seemingly no effect on game play target for bombers?

Do you work for HTC or can tell me Wednesday's 6 Super Lotto Plus numbers by any chance? I've noticed absolutes in hiteceez are only when he pronounces one. Otherwise, how you present your 20 questions is part of the process.

Bigger than a breadbox, smaller than a Quazar, or is this a prepatory step to another change and how energetic.

this reads like it was originally written in japanese, then google-translated into english.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2012, 07:56:55 PM »
Lusche I can understand english not being your first language but, this is a rather inversed self depreciation. Do you really want to be spoken to in terms less than you present yourself in this community? Holmes sorry you need to defend Lusche. Kind of cliche in a Jr. High locker room flavor. He is a grown man.

This was a very simple question. The new paramenter creates a specific and new function related to strat. Hitech recently made mention he was still concerned about strat. He has also recently mentioned a trend that players are unwilling to put effort into functions that are too complicated.

In that light:

Does this new variable mean how strats relate to the game are about to be redefined making them a much more interactive part of winning the war rather than the current long range seemingly no effect on game play target for bombers?

By your responce Lusche you are not an HTC employe, and Holmes, I guess has a thing for you by his defence of your virtue.

Oh Holmes, I used to live on Hokkaido island in the city of Wakkanai.  But, english is my first language. I learned enough japanese to catch the bus, purchase items in the local market, and earn a menkyo in kenjutsu. Granted I probably should have made two sentences from the one question. I was in a hurry and didn't think my audience would have such trouble with the english language and logic flow. Other than those interested in locker room level puerilisms.

Just for you Holmes since I have the time and you wanted to be puerile about it......

Does this new variable mean how strats relate to the game are about to be redefined? Thus making them a much more interactive part of winning the war rather than the current long range seemingly "no effect on game play" target for bombers?

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2012, 08:11:52 PM »

This was a very simple question.

Simple questions should be asked that way. I'm just tired to decipher all that stuff. Yes, English is my second language, and that's why I often do not know if some of your 'inserts' do really have a meaning I just do not get or if they are just some random stuff to bloat the word count.

I already answered that above. This variable is just fixing the huge strats resupply problem we discovered.
That HT himself has further plans is obvious if you followed this thread as well as other strats discussions recently: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,336561.msg4428465.html#msg4428465, where he also explains what direction the changes will probably take.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2012, 09:19:33 PM »
This is a private message I sent at the beginning of may.

Hi XXXXX.

Basically we are planing on a few changes.

1st I have come to the conclusion that more complex = less use.

With that in mind we are planing on removing the city component in the chain.

Are current thinking is.
Bombing cities will effect town down times. The cities will be located where they are now.

Factories will be down for 2 or more hours and the city will no longer effect them and they effect the same things as they used to.

Factories will be located many different places in the terrain, and can be over run.

I have not found a use for trains yet, but we may just replace some truck convoys to large fields with trains.

HiTech

Wow!   :O

That needs repeating in this thread and sounds exciting.  More trains, more factories (which can be overrun), etc...  :banana:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2012, 09:32:46 PM »
Darn it!  Simple nouns and active verbs and call it a day.  Snail you're doing great.  Buster, omit needless words.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2012, 08:34:17 PM »
Currently there is one host variable PlayerResuplyTime that is set to 30 minutes. I.E. each supply drop reduces down time by 30 minutes in a 1 mile radius.

I am adding a new variable (it will be active but will not show in you variable window until a new client is released) PlayerResuplyFactoryTime and will be set to 4 minutes to start with.

The PlayerResuplyTime will effect objects at the fields. The new variable will be used for supply drops to factories and HQ.

It turns out that the reduced resupply efficiency has the most interesting effect when it comes to HQ. If you still wanna get it back in a few minutes, you are going to lead a lot more people resupplying, which can put a strain on that country's operations.
I like it. :)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2012, 08:42:10 PM »

It turns out that the reduced resupply efficiency has the most interesting effect when it comes to HQ. If you still wanna get it back in a few minutes, you are going to lead a lot more people resupplying, which can put a strain on that country's operations.
I like it. :)

Well, I kept resupping the city and it kept saying 6 or 8 buildings resupped and 4 minutes down time reduced, but the pct down for the city stayed at 22%... I expected it to increase.  Felt like I was making no progress after 4 or 5 sup runs.   :frown:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2012, 08:54:39 PM »
Translated haha  :rofl
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"