Author Topic: Chewie is going to screw up the GAME Again  (Read 4263 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Chewie is going to screw up the GAME Again
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2012, 12:25:55 PM »
WOW....for some who says "I play for the fight" all the time your sure bragging about WINNING THE WAR and getting perk points :bhead

We need a "sarcasm" emoticon  :rolleyes:

I couldn't care less about perks, I have thousands of them but almost never fly perk planes. Fighting in hordes or against hordes isn't fighting. In the horde very few show up to defend, and fighting against a horde isn't fighting as most of the time all you do is dive in a pick a few before you have 15 guys chasing you yelling "mine!, mine!, mine!".

Offline Iraqvet

• Copper Member
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2012, 12:53:52 PM »
WOW....for some who says "I play for the fight" all the time your sure bragging about WINNING THE WAR and getting perk points :bhead

:rofl Wouldnt be so funny if it wasnt true.
***The Perk Tank Snuff***
HHC 1-502nd "Strike" Infantry 101st Airborne Division Air Assault!
The very essence of leadership is its purpose. The purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2012, 01:03:57 PM »
Again, this game is an Air Combat Simulator, not a Win The War Russian Mass game, at least how its advertised.
Someone is pissed that he paid for combat and cant get it, come flame the stranger...
<sigh>
AoM
City of ice

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2012, 01:06:04 PM »
Fighting (...) against hordes isn't fighting.

The pure absurdity of this statement made me cringe. Literally.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2012, 02:00:16 PM »
We need a "sarcasm" emoticon  :rolleyes:

I couldn't care less about perks, I have thousands of them but almost never fly perk planes. Fighting in hordes or against hordes isn't fighting. In the horde very few show up to defend, and fighting against a horde isn't fighting as most of the time all you do is dive in a pick a few before you have 15 guys chasing you yelling "mine!, mine!, mine!".

And still yet you keep playing a game where now days hordes, ho's, alt monkey pickers etc etc are the norm and you want people to play your way or the hi-way. So if we must play your way lets do away with base takes, win the war, perks, score, rank, never dieing in our funny cartoon planes and see what we have. I don't know about anyone else but if I see a large dar bar I will up to FIGHT it and most of the time get my rear handed to me on a platter, do I care...nope....did I have fun......most likely. You are always saying there is no fighting in this game, I sometimes wonder what game your playing cuz everytime I log on I see more fights than I may want to :salute

BTW: You also say bish horde this, bish horde that......as I said before look at your own side and try stopping them before you try and stop others
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 02:02:33 PM by HawkerMKII »
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2012, 02:05:24 PM »
Again, this game is an Air Combat Simulator, not a Win The War Russian Mass game, at least how its advertised.
Someone is pissed that he paid for combat and cant get it, come flame the stranger...
<sigh>

This can only be changed by 1 person and that is HT. No flame just fact :salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2012, 02:45:37 PM »

you call picking lemmings that don't even maneuver "fighting?

And still yet you keep playing a game where now days hordes, ho's, alt monkey pickers etc etc are the norm and you want people to play your way or the hi-way. So if we must play your way lets do away with base takes, win the war, perks, score, rank, never dieing in our funny cartoon planes and see what we have. I don't know about anyone else but if I see a large dar bar I will up to FIGHT it and most of the time get my rear handed to me on a platter, do I care...nope....did I have fun......most likely. You are always saying there is no fighting in this game, I sometimes wonder what game your playing cuz everytime I log on I see more fights than I may want to :salute

BTW: You also say bish horde this, bish horde that......as I said before look at your own side and try stopping them before you try and stop others

WOW!!! this post is a pile of rubbish.

1, I have NEVER said play my way of the highway.

2, I have NEVER said base capture and winning the war is bad or should be done away with in ANY form.

You guys are blind to what other write if it isn't along the lines of what YOU think the game play should be. The way the game is played now is the lowest common denominator of what is available to play. It's like playing football on a field that is 20 yards long, like playing checkers with chess pieces, playing baseball with a T ball pole and saying anything that falls in the outfield is a home run.

Yes I still play, and yes I HAVE FUN ! If I didn't I would have stopped my payments to HTC a long time ago. Yes I up to defend against a horde..... if the NOE is reported before I'm already up  :rolleyes: Yes I shoot at the lemmings over and over getting my kills and dieing horrible deaths. Almost every attack is predictable, and the only real counter is numbers.

As for the Rook horde that won the war yesterday, there isn't much left I can do. Reporting the NOEs to the other side has been deemed "unacceptable play" by HTC and is punishable offense, and the lemmings on the Rooks are just as bad as the Bish and Knights lemmings. The game is now geared toward hordes rolling bases as fast as they can. Personally after the first 10-20 bases that "we" roll it gets pretty boring. Maybe for some of you it takes longer. I can't play games like WoW either.... push A,push A,push A, roll right, push A,push A, over and over again.

HTC can't make the game more complicated, more challenging. Why? Because he'll lose a significant part of his subscribers. Why don't more people hit the strat? Because it's too hard to figure what to hit first, why to hit it, or why it may be useful. If doesn't flatten the base so the horde can capture bases more quickly they won't bother with it.

I don't want to take away the base capture, but I'd like to see more strategy involved.... for you lemmings, that means planning, timing of multiple attack wings launching from multiple bases, maybe even hitting more than one base at a time. But that takes skill, and practice to build that skill. Why bother with that if you can just bring 20-30 friends and just crush the opposition due to attrition, no skill required, just numbers.

You guys seem happy with hamburger, I'd like to have the steak back.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2012, 03:06:14 PM »
If you do a search for hordes in the general forums, you'll find complaints going back all the way to Sept 2001.
There has always been horde complaints in one form or another. I've been here since 2001 myself and I just don't remember
the nirvana days of no hordes alt monkeys and HOers. There has always been plenty to complain about.  :D

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2012, 03:22:07 PM »
If you do a search for hordes in the general forums, you'll find complaints going back all the way to Sept 2001.
There has always been horde complaints in one form or another. I've been here since 2001 myself and I just don't remember
the nirvana days of no hordes alt monkeys and HOers. There has always been plenty to complain about.  :D

I don't think anyone ever said there was a nirvana when there WASN'T any of those things, but do you remember those things to be less frequent? I do. Do you remember when certain squads ran ops there were more plans than "every one grab a cannon bid with bombs and run NOE!"? I do. Do you remember when there were high alt buff runs to the factories and HQ, as well as the intercept missions that launched and the many goons running supplys after they got through? I do.

What we play today is a much more watered down version of what we use to play.

Offline Iraqvet

• Copper Member
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2012, 03:27:24 PM »

But yet that is Fugitives mentality....Unless he deems it fighting its not feally fighting becuse he says it's not.  :furious
The very essence of leadership is its purpose. The purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2012, 03:33:31 PM »
I don't want to take away the base capture, but I'd like to see more strategy involved.... for you lemmings, that means planning, timing of multiple attack wings launching from multiple bases, maybe even hitting more than one base at a time. But that takes skill, and practice to build that skill. Why bother with that if you can just bring 20-30 friends and just crush the opposition due to attrition, no skill required, just numbers.

You guys seem happy with hamburger, I'd like to have the steak back.
:aok :aok :aok

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2012, 03:34:28 PM »
:aok :aok

Offline Iraqvet

• Copper Member
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2012, 03:45:25 PM »
I don't think anyone ever said there was a nirvana when there WASN'T any of those things, but do you remember those things to be less frequent? I do. Do you remember when certain squads ran ops there were more plans than "every one grab a cannon bid with bombs and run NOE!"? I do. Do you remember when there were high alt buff runs to the factories and HQ, as well as the intercept missions that launched and the many goons running supplys after they got through? I do.

In all of your complaining I think you have missed the fact that most of our missions are "Run" the way you say they are not being run. Assignments are tasked out to players, as well as gv assignments, bomber assignments etc on an individual basis. Not to mention lauched from diffrent bases to strike diffrent bases at same time.

Yet you "Choose" to make the assumption that simply because you see a mission at a base that it is a Hoard, and assign it as such by simply throwing your hands in the air and complaining as you do on here too.
The excuse that you "Cannot" find a fight does not hold up on here, that is a cop out.

If you cannnot find a fight you make one. Always plenty of fights too be had on AH. Moreover if you really believe its that bad, although its not, simply go to the DA to find these illusive fights that dont exsist in the MA. :aok

Offline SoonerMP

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2012, 05:38:42 PM »

Nah, I think you have managed to dig a hole deep enough that you can't see the top anymore. Nice try but you went beyond my expectations even for you in this thread.

S.A.P.P. Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Blame Karaya 2008-2012       Death From Above - MA (inactive)

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2012, 05:48:25 PM »
you call picking lemmings that don't even maneuver "fighting?

Lemmings......another AH term, wished I knew what it means cuz you used it 4 or more times in one post :bhead. So your saying (hope I get this right, would not want more RUBBISH) if a side plans, has timming of multiple attack wings from multiple bases and hitting more than 1 base this would not be a horde? Question...........how many players make a horde, 1,5,10,20,30, 50? If I PLAN a mission from multiple bases, lets say 3 bases with 10 players each that is 30 players..............that would not be a horde in your eyes?  :salute