Author Topic: Gun control laws do they work ?  (Read 18835 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Re: Gun control laws do they work ?
« Reply #1095 on: October 22, 2012, 08:05:27 PM »
Coombz, I'm a member of the NRA and consider myself part of the organization. I have to say your post and your explanation are both simply insulting. If that is what you think of as humor perhaps you should refrain from humor in the future. You do not do it well at all.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1096 on: October 22, 2012, 08:26:48 PM »
What's insulting about it? You are not personally responsible for the idiocy of any other NRA members, the same way you're not responsible for mass killings that may be committed by other gun owners. No need to take it personally.
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #1097 on: October 22, 2012, 10:07:57 PM »
What's insulting about it? You are not personally responsible for the idiocy of any other NRA members,
Yet you grouped the ENTIRE NRA based on the rants of a few idiots online?  :rolleyes:
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #1098 on: October 22, 2012, 10:55:09 PM »
Yet you grouped the ENTIRE NRA based on the rants of a few idiots online?  :rolleyes:
I am David A. Keene and I'm not sure if I'm a libratarian or a republican, but keep fighting for my agenda children... it serves me well.  :aok
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1099 on: October 23, 2012, 12:41:22 AM »

and that's why i never mention the nra even though i am a member, the best anti-NRA members are some idiots who think they represent the nra.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1100 on: October 23, 2012, 03:40:13 AM »

Did my post say 'EVERYONE IN THE NRA THINKS X' ??  :headscratch:

No, it didn't

That would be silly :)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1101 on: October 23, 2012, 03:54:01 AM »
Did my post say 'EVERYONE IN THE NRA THINKS X' ??  :headscratch:

No, it didn't

That would be silly :)

personally i think  you should be in that 70% of the population that you so much want to put down that shouldnt procreate.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1102 on: October 23, 2012, 07:44:54 AM »
why dont you give examples of warnings of how the government is about to massacre the people in the usa?  I would love to hear this one, ask YOU he would love to tell you and give you examples. 

semp

Is that supposed to be in English, Engrish or was it translated from Spangrish?  What warnings am I supposed to give?  Your post reflected the fact that you assumed Vortex lived in the states.  Fact is, not everyone on this forum lives in the states...

how do they keep track of this?  is there an 800 number everybody calls and reports?  or do they just do a small study then come up with a big number.  kindda like the polls where they will call 1,000 people then make it look like 60% of the population is for this or against that.
Your ignorance really IS limitless, isn't it?

I have lived in several states and I have never felt in danger where I have lived. Except when cops look at you sideways...  you also notice how most of the mass shootings dont happen in Kalifornia?  they happen in the other "safe" states.

semp
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline StrayDog

• Copper Member
« Reply #1103 on: October 23, 2012, 01:05:32 PM »
I'm not sure how you can call a 'no purchase register' gun control?

Agree.   per the law if a person is deemed or in the case of the VW shooted ruled by a judge to be a danger the themselves and other, federal law requires they be denied a gun purchase.  If the VW shooter had been on the Register he would not have leagaly purchased the guns he used.     May or may not have stopped him.

In the case of Colorado, the court has not see the doctors determination, if it speculation.

SD

Offline StrayDog

• Copper Member
« Reply #1104 on: October 23, 2012, 01:09:24 PM »
psychiatric care is a very lose term.  a good portion of the population sees either a therapist or a psychiatrist for one reason or another.  if they were all placed on the registry pretty soon 1/2 the population would be unable to buy arms or those who were afraid to be on the registry would just stop seeing their doctor, which would be a bad thing.

semp

semp

Agree,   

Federal law requires a therapist or a psychiatrist to act when a patient is a danger to themselve or others.   Requires good judgement, as do so much in life.   however, when a court orders an individual into treament, because they are a danger to others (VW shooter).  the judge is neglgent by not preventing the gun purchase.

SD

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1105 on: October 23, 2012, 01:23:59 PM »
NRA folks = meaning supporters and members of the NRA, posters on their forums, people with NRA bumper stickers etc ;)

I specifically worded my post to avoid this kind of confusion - if I had meant the NRA organisation I would have just said 'the NRA'...(although I wouldn't have, because obviously they wouldn't be making such ridiculous tinfoil hat allegations, it's just most of their members that are ignorant enough to believe such rubbish)

I guess you guys are just perpetually confused when it comes to difficult things like the English language.

The People are the organization. You still come across as clueless.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1106 on: October 23, 2012, 01:30:35 PM »

Which makes me wonder.... are all new zealanders clueless?   :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1107 on: October 23, 2012, 02:00:43 PM »
The NRA keep track of some stats that other organizations don't, like how many felonies are thwarted by citizens with guns.

given how contentious the issue is I dont believe for a minute that the NRA are the only ones analysing the stats on this stuff, I'd guess there are 100s of economics undergrads having a crack at it every year let alone the pros.

anyone bothered reading peer-reviewed papers on gun control stats?
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1108 on: October 23, 2012, 02:44:23 PM »
personally i think  you should be in that 70% of the population that you so much want to put down that shouldnt procreate.

semp

says the gibbering alcoholic wreck who tries to get his multiple DUI girlfriend (also a hopeless alcoholic) back on the road so she can endanger more lives

your kind would be top of my list :aok

oh and by the way, I've already procreated, it's too late to stop me  :devil

anyone bothered reading peer-reviewed papers on gun control stats?

I've seen a few :)  I used to work for a global publishing co, working on production of academic journals in the social sciences and humanities dept. two of the journals I worked on were the Howard Journal of criminal justice and the journal of legal and criminal pyschology. Best part of the job was getting to read interesting articles in those, and other, journals while editing them

the Howard Journal was mostly concerned with what people in Britain were in prison for though, an American  or world journal would be much more illuminating for the sort of gun crime stats being discussed in this thread

Which makes me wonder.... are all new zealanders clueless?   :rofl

Well, I'm British.  So someone here is clearly clueless... :old:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:26:36 PM by coombz »

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1109 on: October 23, 2012, 02:48:54 PM »
Step 1. make sarcastic comment about automatic weapons with a recent link to mass shooting

Step 2. mock the poster mentioning an NRA study as a credible source for crime/shooting statistics and point out that many NRA members are gullible idiots (already borne out by mention of NRA study as a credible source :rofl)

Step 3. watch extremely sensitive and defensive NRA members explode in fury

:aok
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:02:14 PM by coombz »