Author Topic: My Wife Asks Me..  (Read 4111 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: My Wife Asks Me..
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2012, 02:08:46 AM »
I have found shutting the engine off, makes them at ease....I started driving at 22, I am 42 now I have been pulled over many many times in that 20 years, only once did I run into a salamander, even the ones that had to arrest me were good folks, just doing there job.......then again I never freaked out or went off on any of them......

the best one was me driving my challenger.....

officer-"took me long enough to catch up with you"
me- "thats cuz I slowed down"
officer- "license and registration"
me-"I got some good and some bad news......bad news is...... my license is suspended.........good news is....I got bail money..."

Texas state trooper clocked me at 101 in Ft Worth.....let me go no ticket.......his first words to me were...."Boy....I seen some stupid watermelon in my life....but you done take the cake....."   he was actually a very cool guy.

another good one...I stopped the challenger in front of speed limit sign..do my normal and shut the engine off right away......the cops says to me...as you can see....(pointing to the sign) the speed limit is 35 not 75........ :rofl

treat them with respect they will most likely give it right back.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2012, 03:50:35 AM »
Here are a couple of video's to snap things back into perspective...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AvjMd-u79E&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YjwlLLmW6Y&feature=related

The bs of, "ALL cops are EVIL and are out to get YOU" crap is getting older than the planet itself...

Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2012, 04:44:35 AM »
I stopped an older lady in a small car with no seatbelt, she was courteous and apologetic and accepted she was wrong. I let her go without a ticket and saw the same car 2 days later, she had her seatbelt on and my discretion was justified. I stopped a guy in a hopped up Nissan the same day, he had no seatbelt on because he had fitted a racing harness that hurt to wear. He also suggested that I might bbetter earn my wages, (that he was paying for!) and go out and find some "real criminals".
He went away with a fine and a producer.

UK police rarely face the same threats as their US counterparts, nevertheless the threat exists, I have deep scarring on my arm as testament, I dont understand why people would refuse a legitimate search of their vehicle, whatever you believe, police officers really dont get off on digging around in your waste fast food wrappers looking for contraband. If you are belligerant and obstructive, whatever your sex, then the percieved threat level increases exponentially and you are more likely to get rorked out onto the floor and restrained.
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2012, 06:26:41 AM »
I stopped an older lady in a small car with no seatbelt, she was courteous and apologetic and accepted she was wrong. I let her go without a ticket and saw the same car 2 days later, she had her seatbelt on and my discretion was justified. I stopped a guy in a hopped up Nissan the same day, he had no seatbelt on because he had fitted a racing harness that hurt to wear. He also suggested that I might bbetter earn my wages, (that he was paying for!) and go out and find some "real criminals".
He went away with a fine and a producer.

UK police rarely face the same threats as their US counterparts, nevertheless the threat exists, I have deep scarring on my arm as testament, I dont understand why people would refuse a legitimate search of their vehicle, whatever you believe, police officers really dont get off on digging around in your waste fast food wrappers looking for contraband. If you are belligerant and obstructive, whatever your sex, then the percieved threat level increases exponentially and you are more likely to get rorked out onto the floor and restrained.

I make no apologies for driving without a seatbelt.  I simply explain the fine would be the price I pay for freedom.  I've never been fined for it.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2012, 06:54:48 AM »
there was a well publisized pagani zonda crash here recently, some millionaire dickhead driving at 120+ in a 30. came off the road, hit a steel fence.

his passenger had a couple of bruises, the driver enjoyed his freedom not to wear a belt for the 20mins he lay dying in excruciating agony in the ditch where he landed about 20' from the car, after passing through the door and ripping it off its hinges.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2012, 08:13:05 AM »
there was a well publisized pagani zonda crash here recently, some millionaire dickhead driving at 120+ in a 30. came off the road, hit a steel fence.

his passenger had a couple of bruises, the driver enjoyed his freedom not to wear a belt for the 20mins he lay dying in excruciating agony in the ditch where he landed about 20' from the car, after passing through the door and ripping it off its hinges.

Generally I wear mine.  If I hear a click it or ticket commercial on the radio it comes off.  The state has no right in my mind to make seatbelts compulsory.  I will wear mine without being told, it's saved my life once.  I refuse to wear one out of fear of a ticket and I am one of those folks who will break a law just because the law is unjust.

Now for my next stunt...
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2012, 08:17:20 AM »
eek! :eek:

what happened - hub failure?
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2012, 08:29:19 AM »
Rear ended and rolled by a full size Kenworth hauling Amish furniture on interstate 80.  My only injury was a sore shoulder from my trusty safety belt.  I found the trucker on the side of the road crying hysterically after the crash.  She was just repeating "I killed him" over and over.  It was kinda strange because my brain was so generous with the designer drugs it was dumping into my bloodstream that I felt at least 300% more alive than I usually do.  

Even funnier that the boss told me to wreck that truck about a week earlier so I could have a new one.  The thing that baffled everyone the most, including the trucker & state trooper was how the topper stayed on while the frame was bent in a few places and I broke every axle but one.

I made the morning news by making so many people late to work.  It was a busy highway.  The Kenworth sustained a punctured radiator but no grill damage.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 08:34:27 AM by Rob52240 »

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2012, 08:42:49 AM »
lucky escape there I reckon :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2012, 08:47:26 AM »
Rear ended and rolled by a full size Kenworth hauling Amish furniture on interstate 80.  My only injury was a sore shoulder from my trusty safety belt.  I found the trucker on the side of the road crying hysterically after the crash.  She was just repeating "I killed him" over and over.  It was kinda strange because my brain was so generous with the designer drugs it was dumping into my bloodstream that I felt at least 300% more alive than I usually do.  

Even funnier that the boss told me to wreck that truck about a week earlier so I could have a new one.  The thing that baffled everyone the most, including the trucker & state trooper was how the topper stayed on while the frame was bent in a few places and I broke every axle but one.

I made the morning news by making so many people late to work.  It was a busy highway.  The Kenworth sustained a punctured radiator but no grill damage.

damn..... :O

been in 1 major accident....wasn't speeding...well was doing 70.......in a 65.....very bad, rolled a ford aerostar van about 4 times......nothing happened to me, except I hurt my ring finger on my left hand......my wife on the other hand....broke both 8th ribs......and had half her face ripped off, plus multiple cuts and bruises....she had over 250 stitches on the outside of her face, more on the inside......it was very bad, she should have died, her throat was also cut deep within mm's of her juggler vain, plus along the bottom of her jaw line was ripped open......a day I live with every moment....we crashed because we were fighting.    

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2012, 08:49:34 AM »
lucky escape there I reckon :aok

Years of skiing have taught me to relax before impact.

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2012, 09:02:38 AM »
sorry for your loss man. it was NOT your fault, and even as his father, you do not have to bear that burden. just remember him. he's looking down on ya 24/7 now.

Thanks CAP, but I have no illusions about that.. Went thru the blame everything and everyone else thing..
Cut away all the mental garbage, and the truth remains, my words did this.. I can recall the words verbatim!
I can still hear his voice too!

Should have said COME HOME.. He'd still be here..
Guess I have a grip on reality huh? Even when it hurts..
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:04:31 AM by RngFndr »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2012, 09:48:12 AM »
Thanks CAP, but I have no illusions about that.. Went thru the blame everything and everyone else thing..
Cut away all the mental garbage, and the truth remains, my words did this.. I can recall the words verbatim!
I can still hear his voice too!

Should have said COME HOME.. He'd still be here..
Guess I have a grip on reality huh? Even when it hurts..

I cant say much about carrying around past guilt,(or getting over it) what I can say,  it is like a mold that grows and gets worse as time goes by....yet I know everything happens for a reason, we may not know the reason, or even begin to fathom why things happen.....one thing my life has taught me...... is everything has a purpose.

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »
I used to play hockey on a team in Fort Worth where half the players were doctors and the other half were cops or firemen.  One guy used to boast all the time in the locker room about using his wand on the beat, beating up people.  On the ice he played the same way, knocking the piss out of people in a non-checking league.  He was a bully, plain and simple.  After a while I asked another cop on the team how they can stand working with this guy.  "He won't last long" was the response. 

I've got three more stories from personal experience like this.

While there are scores of benevolent officers that truly serve the community, the profession also attracts a certain type of person who earns the monikers hurled at police.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2012, 11:03:41 AM »
I used to play hockey on a team in Fort Worth where half the players were doctors and the other half were cops or firemen.  One guy used to boast all the time in the locker room about using his wand on the beat, beating up people.  On the ice he played the same way, knocking the piss out of people in a non-checking league.  He was a bully, plain and simple.  After a while I asked another cop on the team how they can stand working with this guy.  "He won't last long" was the response. 

I've got three more stories from personal experience like this.

While there are scores of benevolent officers that truly serve the community, the profession also attracts a certain type of person who earns the monikers hurled at police.

When I was in college working at the butcher shop part time I had a coworker enrolled in the criminal justice program.  He wanted to be a prison guard because he liked to be in charge and boss people around.  Cop was his 2nd career choice.

Strangely when our smallest coworker found him passed out in the bathroom at a party, the tiny kid emptied a bottle of nair on his head and he never retaliated.