Author Topic: Side switch time  (Read 7500 times)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Side switch time
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 12:49:03 AM »
please quote me as i havent made any yet.

semp

Oh the forum starts afresh with this thread? Not yet in this thread, but a 12 hour switch thread always involves you telling someone like me that I do not enjoy switching to find action and I am really there to hoard, its quite patronising to read, you presume to know the minds of others and what they enjoy based on your assumption that people only switch to hoard, that is simply not true and you cannot back that up as a fact despite working in reinsurance?

It is a fact that now there is a 12 hour switch time in place of an hour.

You could of course prove me wrong and not post the same thing as I have quoted below in this thread, its win win as far as I am concerned.

I gave up after 2 threads, one would not let me quote from it I presume because its locked, here ya go.

dirdart are you implying that most people switch to balance the sides?  or perhaps it's the nightly ritual of switching to whatever side is hording.  when the switch sides rules was 2 hours, i would see the same people horde for all 3 sides all day long.  now that it changed to 12 hours, they can only horde for 2 sides, which is better.

semp

nothing wrong with you guys wanting to switch at will actually I support that, but you guys give misleading facts for wanting to switch.  what I am against is other people taking advantage of the 2 hour time switch to go from horde to horde.

really annoying seeing the same people switching from rooks to knights to bishops depending on who's hording at the time.  you guys may not horde, but if you were to realize that most people do switch to horde then you would not be so lazy as to pay attention and know when to switch to have good fights.

so see you guys next month when you post another misleading thread  :salute  :bolt:.

semp

sure as long as you guarantee that the other players wont switch to go from horde to horde to horde as they did before.

semp

or many more players would switch to the bishops to add even more players to the horde as it happened before when there was a 2 hour time switch.  there's a lot of people that switch to fight with (not against) whoever country is hording at the time.  many more players switch to roll with instead of to balance the sides and you want to give these guys unlimited switches in the off hours?

semp

durtdart this is the part you don't understand, the majority of people who switch do it to horde, not to switch to the low side.

semp

neg fugitive, i mostly play at night from about 10 pst to abut 3 or 4 am.  in that time frame i used to see people i flew with switching to horde with the vtards whenever they started hording.  and I know it is they're 15 bucks, but on days that i was off and started playing since early afternoon, you would see the guys switch from rooks to knights to bishops depending on who was hording at that time.  I also used to work in reinsurance and my job was to look for variances in premiums and try to find patterns and that was across 200 companies.  I was good at it and that's how I noticed the pattern in ah.  it's not really that hard for you guys to notice that guy you were just saving his butt all of a sudden you got a kill as he flew with 30 other red cons.  

semp

i kindda doubt that guys switch to help the low side.  I have a list of people that will say that on the bb and normally I find them not on the low side.  

but you gotta respect those guys who say that want to switch not to horde but to get more kills, now that's a good reason for wanting a lower time  :aok.

semp

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 01:09:38 AM »
LOL Perv

Furballers unite! We must get the side switching time back down to 1 hour!  :old:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 01:35:52 AM »
I rarely switch sides because my squad are usually rook and flying with my squad is a big part of the game for me, under the 1hr side switch I did occasionally switch but with 12hr I dare not get myself stuck as bish or nit.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 01:46:03 AM »
moin

i haven t switch my country the last 11 years ?! :headscratch: dont understand the problem.

but i understand the problem with the side switchers which going to find enemy CVs i knew a few of them and i realy dont like it.

maybe a compromize would be good, maybe change the 12houers to 8houers or so.

cu christian

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 02:13:52 AM »

Oh the forum starts afresh with this thread? Not yet in this thread, but a 12 hour switch thread always involves you telling someone like me that I do not enjoy switching to find action and I am really there to hoard, its quite patronising to read, you presume to know the minds of others and what they enjoy based on your assumption that people only switch to hoard, that is simply not true and you cannot back that up as a fact despite working in reinsurance?

You could of course prove me wrong and not post the same thing as I have quoted below in this thread, its win win as far as I am concerned.

I gave up after 2 threads, one would not let me quote from it I presume because its locked, here ya go.

you are bringing stuff from over a year ago.  now did i object to your asking for a lower time limit on this thread?  did I even make a comment against it?

all i asked was this question.

just something to think about.  are all of you guys that can never find a fight always on the same country?  if you arent then why not pm each other and fight to your hearts content. 

semp

I am not even against your wish as I couldnt care less.  I hardly play anymore.

so either retract your statement or at least admit that you are the one who jumped into conclusions.  or dont, either way I still dont care.

the funny thing is that I remember when it was 1 hour you guys were still whining that 1 hour was too long.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 03:27:05 AM »
moin

i haven t switch my country the last 11 years ?! :headscratch: dont understand the problem.

but i understand the problem with the side switchers which going to find enemy CVs i knew a few of them and i realy dont like it.

maybe a compromize would be good, maybe change the 12houers to 8houers or so.

cu christian

You have a large percentage of playerbase that dont have enough time to put effort into the "war". Personally when I log, I am looking to get a few sorties in. Being stuck with a side for 12 hours is a bit extreme especially for the playerbase that cannot log on prime time. The people that this change affects ( and trust me on this) are guys that would never spy where CVs are. They would prefer even an enemy CV live long enough to get close to a base to have some fun.

I see no difference in spy game play since the change came into effect so I see the change as just silly. It really targets the wrong people. You still see the same whines that "their missions were busted" or CV was sunk in the middle of nowhere. You are ALWAYS going to have to deal with those shade accounts or guys with cross country coms ( Ive even heard of ppl texting cv locations to squaddies). These are ppl that have wayy to much time on their hands and you will never stop even if you have a one week switch rule.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 03:54:50 AM »
moin

you are right, you cant stop this but maybe the 12 houer switch helps a bit to minimize this behavior.

im mostly not on the main times but you can find fights everywere if you take a look.  how i say i never switched countrys there is no reson for me. but how i say maybe minimizing the houer delay a bit will help you.

cu christian

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 04:22:11 AM »
Chris,

i might be unique, but i see it in a different way.
   Lets start here: what is a fight? For me, its a smaller scale furball, some horde busting, basically anything where i can turn my aircraft against an opponent. But definiately not streamrolling bases, hunting buffs, ganging a single con or something like that. Since im on euro time, and the numbers use to be fairly low, i cant always find a suitable fight for me.
   Also, i found out that there are worthy people on both sides. I liked to switch, either to fight with or against them.

Yes, i was a notorius side switcher, and i enjoyed upping jets to intercept the bish jokers-alchies-V "war-winning" crew. Its over, a large part of my fun will never come back, tyvm.
doh...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:25:57 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 04:24:28 AM »
moin

you are right, you cant stop this but maybe the 12 houer switch helps a bit to minimize this behavior.

im mostly not on the main times but you can find fights everywere if you take a look.  how i say i never switched countrys there is no reson for me. but how i say maybe minimizing the houer delay a bit will help you.

cu christian
Thats the thing. It does NOT minimize anything. You are still having  to stomach the whines on country channel that ppl are using spies to spot CVs and missions so the change has done nothing for me at least except limit my choices.
I totally agree you CAN find a fight no matter what side you are on. But now you are limited. Where before you had a choice to switch to perhaps an eaiser front, now you are limited to stay put. This becomes even much more difficult if you are stuck on a side that is hording or even be horded. What used to happen is that when a certain country tends to flucuate to a part of the map where #s were lopsided, you could quickly switch and have a turkey shoot and sometimes discourage the action from being so focused in a certain area. Now you have people stuck and dealing with people just rolling over maps with no opposition.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 05:04:31 AM »
moin

surly it do minimize this a bit, and surly there are still wines about it, that will never change. it is a far less wide stepp for some people to spy if the switch time is 1 houer, jes maybe i will spy if there is no switching time lol. thats a normal human behavior if there is no barier the human will go this way. and we realy need to think about that if we want that.

ok im in the euro zone too, the numbers are diverent in my primetime if i want 300-400 peoples onlin i need to stay up until 3-4 o clock at the morning.
i understand your wisch for switching the frontlines, if there are realy low numbers online sometimes there is only a fight betwen the countrys im not belonged too.
but i have never hered about some people switching county because thair country ist just roling the enemy that happens usaly lees than someone switch country for spiing.

how i say a compromis would a 8 or maybe 6 houer switch period, nothing less, that would help these people who want to fly for a short time at the other side.

cu christian

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 07:40:09 AM »
I never switch sides and nearly always find ample activity.  

The only exception are hours when all sides numbers are low.  :old:
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 09:02:15 AM »
moin

im mostly not on the main times but you can find fights everywere if you take a look.  how i say i never switched countrys there is no reson for me. but how i say maybe minimizing the houer delay a bit will help you.

cu christian

If folks want to spy you won't stop it. One only has to setup a new ID and log on for his 2 week trial.

One can also switch before he logs and note placements and relay to his cohorts. When he logs back on the next day switch back... after noting placements.

If you think 12 hours stops anything your just wrong.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 10:54:10 AM »
moin

not stop but minimize a bit and that is logicaly a fact.

you can say jes the spy can do this... and the spy can do that... but jes he need to do something to be a spy and with a 1 houer switch delay he need to do nothing. thats easy to understand!!!

cu christian

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 11:19:56 AM »

You are using posts from a year ago.

How dare you be so accurate and use his own words against him?

He changes his mind every week, depending upon whose knob he is currently polishing...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2012, 11:28:51 AM »
You are using posts from a year ago.

How dare you be so accurate and use his own words against him?

He changes his mind every week, depending upon whose knob he is currently polishing...

:rofl :rofl :rofl

can you say........spot on........