Author Topic: Apology to the Allied side.  (Read 3356 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Re: Apology to the Allied side.
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 10:39:36 AM »
We had one hell of a fight in 9, 12, kp-9 and in 10, 13, kp-1. 

We were eventually tied up with 4 squads total. 

We fought to the very last man with only one of our guys disengaging and RTB due to a half wing.  From the beginning to end, the fight was one of the most intense for us in FSO that I can recall and seemed to last an eternity.  I hope that we gave the axis a good and difficult fight.     

As far as reall life?  In real life, we would know the approximate location based on recon flights.  That is how the orders would be developed.  So yes, we should have known the approx (sector) of the CV, as you knew the locations (sectors) of ours.  Or, we would have fanned more scouts to adjoining sectors. 

I commend Shifty for speaking on this.  It can happen though.

Overall, yes, we were disappointed about the location of the boat, mainly because we had the plan covered to sink it, and sink it we would had it been there.  But, (at least our squad) had a great time as the action begain very quickly, there were lots of enemy planes, and the fight lasted a while, though most of us were shot down last night. 

It was a fun one indeed!

:salute 
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 10:41:48 AM »
mainly because we had the plan covered to sink it, and sink it we would had it been there.
That is what you think.  :devil
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 10:59:04 AM »
That is what you think.  :devil

:x

We can never know...   ...now!!!!

:devil
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT

Offline Alpha81

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 11:08:07 AM »
Wait...this made it more difficult to find? Like in real life? And then it was sunk anyway?

Sounds like fun had by all.

Boo

This  :aok
"it's a fire mister, and every fire is dangerous"

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 11:16:30 AM »
We had one hell of a fight in 9, 12, kp-9 and in 10, 13, kp-1. 

We were eventually tied up with 4 squads total. 

We fought to the very last man with only one of our guys disengaging and RTB due to a half wing.  From the beginning to end, the fight was one of the most intense for us in FSO that I can recall and seemed to last an eternity.  I hope that we gave the axis a good and difficult fight.     

As far as real life?  In real life, we would know the approximate location based on recon flights and spies.  That is how the orders would be developed.  So yes, we should have known the approx (sector) of the CV, as you knew the locations (sectors) of ours.  Or, we would have fanned more scouts to adjoining sectors. 

I commend Shifty for speaking on this.  It can happen though.  I think of it as water under the bridge and I applaud all that pour their time into us having fun.  Thank you CMs!!!

Overall, yes, we were disappointed about the location of the boat, mainly because we had the plan covered to sink it, and sink it we would had it been there.  But, (at least our squad) had a great time as the action began very quickly, there were lots of enemy planes, and the fight lasted a while, though most of us were shot down last night. 

Did we sink it after all though???

It was a fun one indeed!

AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT

Offline Hopper

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 12:09:24 PM »
not accepted or even excusable.

Grow up and volunteer to design and plan an event.  Then we can pick it apart to the last detail and criticize you when you make a mistake.  Comments like that do nothing positive for this event or community and is f#$%ing  Bu11$h!t.
Hopper

JG/11

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 12:12:45 PM »
Shifty my friend it happens, me and my fellow MFERS (G3MF) had a blast sir  :aok
See y'all next Friday!
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 12:31:31 PM »
Grow up and volunteer to design and plan an event.  Then we can pick it apart to the last detail and criticize you when you make a mistake.  Comments like that do nothing positive for this event or community and is f#$%ing  Bu11$h!t.
indeed.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2012, 12:44:10 PM »
Very well said.
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2012, 12:56:25 PM »
Shifty every one makes a mistake once in a while.  Don't let it get you down.  You forth rightness in you admitting you made a mistake to the community is commendable.  Just remember, Anything you say can and will be held against you in you Courts Martial.  Presiding over you Courts Martial will be Admiral Surfinn.

Offline snakeplissken

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2012, 01:01:55 PM »
To quote Paul Harvey:  "And now the rest of the story."  Nosey logged in last night and didn't have orders.  Kurt and I checked and his squad was allied.  I asked him to check on Country channel and get the Orders.  He PM'd back.... Allies is that Rook or Knight?  And yet, he sank the battleship.  All that I am saying is that a million little details were covered to bring you the event.  A lot of hard work went into the event from the players, squads and CMs.  The ship was found and sunk.  The resistance looked fierce from my view.  And obviously, a lot of people had fun.  Yes, some people were frustrated (including 1 design CM) .  But, welcome to FSO!  No apology needed my friend, but since you were gracious enough... (I'll say it) Apology acceptted and Thanks for all your hard work!
The Unforgiven motto: Quid posset ire iniuriam

Offline cohofly

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2012, 01:03:16 PM »
Lets not incite things futher here guys shall we??? Shifty has apologised to the Allies as a whole and to me as CiC for Frame 1. I have accepted his apology and understand that no one can say "Ive never made a mistake." These things will happen from time to time, and its not "what " happens, but "how" you proceed from that point on. Surfinn is entitled to his opinion and to post it here on the BBS. We worked long and hard to  plan our attack and defense, as Im certiain KN did also. I wonder if the shoe were on the other foot and our boats were not in the sectors that the Axis recieved, how many would be on the boards screaming bloody murder. I for one had a great time on Friday, yes it was stressful, yes it was frustrating to have our scouts not find the Tirpitz. We were forced to adapt and so we did. So lets not turn this into a pissing contest of moral firbre or ethics, because as we all know no one wins an Intenet Argument. If these types of posts persist I will be asking for the thread to be locked. Feel free to PM whomever you wish to, but for Gawds sake lets not make it worse on the Boards.

<S>
Carver

G
Carver CO -55thFg/38thFS-
"Heinie Honking and LocoBusting"

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2012, 01:40:06 PM »
Guys I appreciate the support, thank you. In regards to surfinn I don't blame him for his frustration. He was part of the CiC team and they worked hard on a battle plan that was compromised by an Admin brain fart. I would have been just as frustrated. I screwed up and am willing to take my lumps for it. I do ask that we not allow my mistake to snowball into a flamefest between players.
Even with the position error the Allied recovered enough to get to the Tirpitz and sink it. The Axis carried out two effective attacks and the air to air action was intense for both sides. The event still has two frames and victory can yet be had by either side. Again I really appreciate the positive comments they mean a lot, but at the same time I earned the negative ones all on my own.

One of the best parts of the FSO to me over the years was for the most part guys kept it civil with some friendly jabs on the BBS, but fought like hell in once in the arena flying their aircraft. That is the why the FSO has been a success. That is the way it should be, don't let a mistake tarnish that.  :cool: I need a red and white cane and a seeing eye dog to go with my sunglasses by the way.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2012, 01:44:23 PM »
To quote Paul Harvey:  "And now the rest of the story."  Nosey logged in last night and didn't have orders.  Kurt and I checked and his squad was allied.  I asked him to check on Country channel and get the Orders.  He PM'd back.... Allies is that Rook or Knight?  And yet, he sank the battleship.  All that I am saying is that a million little details were covered to bring you the event.  A lot of hard work went into the event from the players, squads and CMs.  The ship was found and sunk.  The resistance looked fierce from my view.  And obviously, a lot of people had fun.  Yes, some people were frustrated (including 1 design CM) .  But, welcome to FSO!  No apology needed my friend, but since you were gracious enough... (I'll say it) Apology acceptted and Thanks for all your hard work!

:aok
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT

Offline Poppy

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2012, 02:12:07 PM »
Apology Accepted Shifty . . You stood tall without hesitation, I over looked this in my heated frustration of the moment last night . . it's all good sir <SALUTE> (and I rescind my wise crack for a rematch)
Poppy XO -55FG/38FS-
"Heinie Honking and Loco Busting"