Author Topic: Why I still want to HO  (Read 7978 times)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Re: Why I still want to HO
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2012, 02:11:28 PM »
I wanna know what Wilbur was going pon about in that screenshot.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2012, 02:13:33 PM »
I considered PMing you Levi/H0ST, but what would be the point, it'll end up as a screenshot and on here anyway.

First of all, I'm not H0ST.  I don't even know who that is.

Secondly, I posted that screenshot at Nath's request.  Take it up with him.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2012, 02:37:22 PM »
I think I tend to agree with what some have said... we probably shouldn't complain too much about ho'ing in the MA.  It's pretty much a giant sandbox and people are gonna do what they're gonna do.  No sense in complaining about it.  It's still dweebish and it still sucks, but you're not gonna change it.  The DA is a much different story, however.  INK has it right there - honor should rule the day. 

But anyone who ho's me when I'm outnumbered and/or at a disadvantaged E state is a tard and a sissy.  I hereby reserve the right to complain on 200 when this happens.   :old:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2012, 02:50:37 PM »
Whining about HOs is about the same as whining when your opponent turns his plane right in a fight.  Completely arbitrary, and completely worthless.

It astounds me how many guys who take such enormous pride in their ACM seem to have their capabilities hindered by a simple maneuver.  Don't fly in front of his sight, you won't get shot.  It is that simple.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2012, 03:12:22 PM »
Shine, just shine.
AoM
City of ice

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: November 28, 2012, 06:30:51 PM »
Well, flew a couple of quick sorties today. Nothing new. HO, pick, run.  :)

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2012, 08:31:16 PM »
Well, flew a couple of quick sorties today. Nothing new. HO, pick, run.  :)

You must not be flying right, I do not have these problems.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: November 28, 2012, 08:36:31 PM »
You must not be flying right, I do not have these problems.

I landed kills, good enough flying for me.  :)

semp

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2012, 08:44:59 PM »
I landed kills, good enough flying for me.  :)

Congratulations on landing kills.

I was replying to your post though, in which I do not see HO, pick, run as the prevalent method of gameplay in AH.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2012, 09:47:33 PM »
Congratulations on landing kills.

I was replying to your post though, in which I do not see HO, pick, run as the prevalent method of gameplay in AH.

Really? First sortie in a K4, I got picked (ask pervert), but that was my fault for trying to type and fly at the same time, and being rusty since I haven't flown in a couple of weeks. Second sortie in a 410, I killed 3, all 3 decided they want to HO a 410, the last one gave me a PW so I had to land, otherwise I would've kept on flying. Third Sortie I upped a P38 against a spit16 over the base, why? Because I like a challenge. Ended up getting killed after a few turns, nbd. Up a K4, he runs until his buddy came to pick from 10K+.

While I'm sure there are decent fights to be had, it's just not the norm. HOing, running and picking is. Could I have avoided all of those deaths? Sure, but then I would be no better if I were to stoop down to that level. But whatever, it's his/her $15, they can fly however they want. I'm saving that $15 this month for something else.

The amount of fun I had in the MA this tour was worth $1. The other $14 worth was a 30 minute dueling session with ink and H0ST in the DA.

semp

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #160 on: November 28, 2012, 10:10:07 PM »
Really? First sortie in a K4, I got picked (ask pervert), but that was my fault for trying to type and fly at the same time, and being rusty since I haven't flown in a couple of weeks. Second sortie in a 410, I killed 3, all 3 decided they want to HO a 410, the last one gave me a PW so I had to land, otherwise I would've kept on flying. Third Sortie I upped a P38 against a spit16 over the base, why? Because I like a challenge. Ended up getting killed after a few turns, nbd. Up a K4, he runs until his buddy came to pick from 10K+.

While I'm sure there are decent fights to be had, it's just not the norm. HOing, running and picking is. Could I have avoided all of those deaths? Sure, but then I would be no better if I were to stoop down to that level. But whatever, it's his/her $15, they can fly however they want. I'm saving that $15 this month for something else.

The amount of fun I had in the MA this tour was worth $1. The other $14 worth was a 30 minute dueling session with ink and H0ST in the DA.

Sounds like you want modern warefare with airplanes.  I fly differently than you do, and my style of flying doesnt have me concern HO'ers, Pickers, Gangers, etc.  Sure I fly sometimes just to mix it up! ( I do look at the map first)  But I mostly fly knowing that as just an example, a P51 is not going to enter a turning contest with a zero because thats just dumb.  Instead (lets say I'm the zero) I understand that he's going to use his plane's superior speed and energy retention to swoop in over and over to kill me. (damn that picker)  And that If I cant get on top of him (building E) I might need to present my nose in a HO (damn me, I'm a Ho'er)  Sounds like a good game to me.

It sounds like you expect people to fly how you want them to. But planes are not equal, neither are pilots, or their styles of flying. 
You personal accounts are great!  But what you are saying is you get plenty of kills Vs HO'ers, yet they ruin the game because...they ho'd your 410 and lost?  or you wanted to get into a turning match why flying one of the worst turning planes in the game?  You were probably lucky to get a HO shot, I sure as well would have taken it.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: November 29, 2012, 01:10:36 AM »
Im afraid you totally missed it.

Edit: Zack!!!!!!!!!!  :D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:32:18 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: November 29, 2012, 01:29:01 AM »
Well done Midway for all your hard work in setting up this thread :old:

Your a credit to the game :salute
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #163 on: November 29, 2012, 07:06:16 AM »
You do realize that Nath was kidding when he posted that... right?

Totally kidding, I though that would be obvious even by the grammar. Honch was my squaddie in "The Knights Who Say Ni!" at the time.  Classic thread which I support 100%, especially rule #10.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 07:21:13 AM by Nath[BDP] »
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
Re: Why I still pay a HO
« Reply #164 on: November 29, 2012, 08:47:07 AM »
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Silly thread.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors