Author Topic: An apology aka I would like to/need to correct the record...  (Read 8179 times)

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
Re: An apology aka I would like to/need to correct the record...
« Reply #180 on: December 07, 2012, 02:40:40 AM »

We can't all be Bruce Lee. :cry

In spite of being the embodiment of martial arts, until the day he died his thirst for knowledge was never quenched, his desire to fine tune his art never wained.  

Myself having been a student of the virtual aerial combat genre for 15+ years and coming from another game where I, along with your FPH Bruv were handpicked to form a squad to unseat the longtime reigning squad competition champs (called "The Damned")..... a goal that we accomplished in short order, as well as rarely being beaten in 1 v 1 competitions.... even with that level of "success" I've still never lost my desire to improve myself.  The day that I lose that desire will be the day that I hang up my joystick for good.

I firmly believe that one's only limitations are the limitations he places on himself.  Why not emulate Bruce's model, rather than just stand in awe of it?

Did you film our 6 or 7 encounters the other night?  There was something to be learned from each one of those.  Some lessons glaringly obvious,  others more difficult to discern,  but there for the discovering nonetheless.     Transplanting from Fighter Ace has only increased this old dog's desire and determination to learn all the "new tricks" this game's flight model has to offer.

If you are a true North Carolinian, show some of that Tarheel fighting spirit and "don't let it whoop ya"

:salute. Nishizwa
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 03:01:41 AM by ARSNishi »

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #181 on: December 07, 2012, 07:06:09 AM »
In spite of being the embodiment of martial arts, until the day he died his thirst for knowledge was never quenched, his desire to fine tune his art never wained.  

Myself having been a student of the virtual aerial combat genre for 15+ years and coming from another game where I, along with your FPH Bruv were handpicked to form a squad to unseat the longtime reigning squad competition champs (called "The Damned")..... a goal that we accomplished in short order, as well as rarely being beaten in 1 v 1 competitions.... even with that level of "success" I've still never lost my desire to improve myself.  The day that I lose that desire will be the day that I hang up my joystick for good.

I firmly believe that one's only limitations are the limitations he places on himself.  Why not emulate Bruce's model, rather than just stand in awe of it?

Did you film our 6 or 7 encounters the other night?  There was something to be learned from each one of those.  Some lessons glaringly obvious,  others more difficult to discern,  but there for the discovering nonetheless.     Transplanting from Fighter Ace has only increased this old dog's desire and determination to learn all the "new tricks" this game's flight model has to offer.

If you are a true North Carolinian, show some of that Tarheel fighting spirit and "don't let it whoop ya"

:salute. Nishizwa

:O  Yes Sir!!! :aok :salute :rock :cheers:

:banana:

:airplane: :joystick: :old:

« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 08:18:56 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #182 on: December 07, 2012, 08:19:06 AM »
Shane was owning people when I was still on the two week free trial. Any advise he gives should be considered highly valuable if you want to progress.

Anyhow, I put one of our fights into a series of perspectives and then youtubeified it for you Midway. Hopefully this may help to illuminate the geometry of this one situation. This kind of defence was a concept that folks like Shane, Levi, ManeTMP, Wldthng, etc, etc were practicing already when I started the game nearly ten years ago. If this video clip doesn't help enough, fear not. I plan to make a series of training clips like this in the near future with voice over commentry, now that I have some time on my hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCSYTgtvLMI&feature=youtu.be   -   advanced barrel defence

This is for when you try the regular barrel roll defence but the attacker is more savvy than the average lemming and makes the defender work harder. This shows you are improving because six mnths ago you would most likely have blown right past and offered a single roll defence to offence situation.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 08:22:09 AM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #183 on: December 07, 2012, 08:25:34 AM »
:rofl
Mind you this is JUST in a spit8, not counting any other aircraft I flew that tour...
I'll let the stats do the talking old boy  :old:

(Image removed from quote.)

Now, far more than nuff said  :old:
I am done feeding the troll now, I had my fun  :)
 :cheers: :salute

You and how many buds?? :rolleyes:

PS:  Did you enjoy vulching me multiple times also?  :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 09:09:57 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: December 07, 2012, 08:27:45 AM »

I plan to make a series of training clips like this in the near future with voice over commentry, now that I have some time on my hands.

:salute :rock

PS: Your video is awesome.  I can see how I overshot.  I think I should have slowed faster and I see you slowing dramatically at the top of one of your rolls at 0:32, which is what eventually led to my loss.  You hung there for a split second, while I was still moving.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 09:07:53 AM by Midway »

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #185 on: December 07, 2012, 08:34:50 AM »
Hiya Batfink!

Thanks for the film. Most enlightening, especially the external rendition. Please post a few of these in help & training.

10 years and I still don't get it  :cry

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #186 on: December 07, 2012, 10:52:46 AM »
I can see how I overshot.  I think I should have slowed faster

Judging from I think the third view, I would have extended each of my rolls slightly higher in the vertical. Coil your spring tighter instead of chopping throttle. Not stall/spinning helps too  :old:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 11:01:40 AM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: December 07, 2012, 11:24:01 AM »

Wait, Midway's in North Carolina?

:bolt:

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #188 on: December 07, 2012, 03:17:26 PM »
You and how many buds?? :rolleyes:

PS:  Did you enjoy vulching me multiple times also?  :)
when I start playing again we shall 1v1 at a place of your choosing, in your own spit8, and I shall put you back into your place, the tower, again.  :D
You and I both know at least half of those were 1v1, I have films if you'd like to see  :)  :banana:

"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: December 07, 2012, 04:08:17 PM »
when I start playing again we shall 1v1 at a place of your choosing, in your own spit8, and I shall put you back into your place, the tower, again.  :D
You and I both know at least half of those were 1v1, I have films if you'd like to see  :)  :banana:

So you completely ignore all the times I've downed you, huh?  :rolleyes:   Even though I've already posted film of said dowing example.  :rolleyes:

I've already admitted you are a little better than me.  All I've said is I've downed you with substantial frequency over the last several tours.  Not saying the reverse is not true. :)

Bottomline, you don't worry me like Bruv, etc...  He/they can down me every single time no matter what the relative E states. That's the part I can't comprehend -- yet.  

I want to figure out why I can't down Bruv and Bruv level pilots with substantial frequency and with my new vigor, motivation, attitude, and inspiration, I shall... I shall indeed.  I should win at least 25% of Bruv level encounters... else I'm not where I need to be. :aok

Just like the water can mold to it's container, I intend to mold my fighting to the LWA red guys.  I must become the water of Aces High... the aqua... and be among the best in fighting prowess.... and thereby down the Redbull, among others, with substantial ease AND frequency. :ahand

:joystick:

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2012, 04:11:36 PM »
So you completely ignore all the times I've downed you, huh?  :rolleyes:   Even though I've already posted film of said dowing example.  :rolleyes:

I've already admitted you are a little better than me.  All I've said is I've downed you with substantial frequency over the last several tours.  Not saying the reverse is not true. :)

Bottomline, you don't worry me like Bruv, etc...  He/they can down me every single time no matter what the relative E states. That's the part I can't comprehend -- yet.  

I want to figure out why I can't down Bruv and Bruv level pilots with substantial frequency and with my new vigor, motivation, attitude, and inspiration, I shall... I shall indeed.  I should win at least 25% of Bruv level encounters... else I'm not where I need to be. :aok

Just like the water can mold to it's container, I intend to mold my fighting to the LWA red guys.  I must become the water of Aces High... the aqua... and be among the best in fighting prowess.... and thereby down the Redbull, among others, with substantial ease AND frequency. :ahand

:joystick:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2012, 04:34:10 PM »
Wait, Midway's in North Carolina?

:bolt:

You are a cruel human being Lev.  Talk about planting seeds! :lol
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: December 07, 2012, 05:13:53 PM »

That's all you got... is warpy looking faces to make?   :rolleyes:

Admit my downing you, with substantial frequency, although less often than the reverse... that is true.... recently. :)

Admit it. :old:

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #193 on: December 07, 2012, 05:18:09 PM »

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: December 07, 2012, 05:23:22 PM »
Hey Midway, do me next.  :O

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp