Author Topic: An apology aka I would like to/need to correct the record...  (Read 8177 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: An apology aka I would like to/need to correct the record...
« Reply #195 on: December 07, 2012, 05:59:50 PM »
Judging from I think the third view, I would have extended each of my rolls slightly higher in the vertical. Coil your spring tighter instead of chopping throttle. Not stall/spinning helps too  :old:

Winner winner chicken dinner!

This is exactly what I would have said,however I dont like to post in these type of threads.

So many think it's all about chopping throttle or kicking rudder when really all you need is to change your angle of attack. You want to slow,pull back on the stick,I guarantee you will slow down. You want all the thrust you can get until you have a clear advantage,thats when I might consider reducing throttle to drop in for a shot.

Great obsevation Scotch! :aok

:salute

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: December 07, 2012, 06:10:11 PM »

Winner winner chicken dinner!

This is exactly what I would have said,however I dont like to post in these type of threads.

So many think it's all about chopping throttle or kicking rudder when really all you need is to change your angle of attack. You want to slow,pull back on the stick,I guarantee you will slow down. You want all the thrust you can get until you have a clear advantage,thats when I might consider reducing throttle to drop in for a shot.

Great obsevation Scotch! :aok

:)

But, if I had slowed sooner I would of had that shot, I believe. :headscratch:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #197 on: December 07, 2012, 06:29:04 PM »
I agree with you, if you had slowed down sooner you would have gained a shot. Like Morf says, 'until you have a clear advantage', well, you did. You were attacking from high six there is not much more advantage to get. Going wider and higher is one way of doing it, possibly a safer way. Managing the speed differential is another way of looking at things. Probably a more risky way on it's own.

I prefer to do both. I don't like the maximum thrust and wider coil principle. I prefer to manage my speed and my angles equally to find a good blend between the two. I just don't see the point in having to compensate via angles for leaving the throttle wide open when I can manipulate it.

But then what works for me doesn't necessarily work for the next guy. And nothing works every time against every pilot witout fail.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #198 on: December 07, 2012, 06:43:18 PM »
You guys sure like to feed the trolls...? then complain about the repeated attention seeking behavior.  :headscratch:  :rolleyes:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #199 on: December 07, 2012, 06:44:15 PM »
I agree with you, if you had slowed down sooner you would have gained a shot. Like Morf says, 'until you have a clear advantage', well, you did. You were attacking from high six there is not much more advantage to get. Going wider and higher is one way of doing it, possibly a safer way. Managing the speed differential is another way of looking at things. Probably a more risky way on it's own.

I prefer to do both. I don't like the maximum thrust and wider coil principle. I prefer to manage my speed and my angles equally to find a good blend between the two. I just don't see the point in having to compensate via angles for leaving the throttle wide open when I can manipulate it.

But then what works for me doesn't necessarily work for the next guy. And nothing works every time against every pilot witout fail.

But what you didn't tell him is that you take VERY risky chances to keep your adversary in the game...
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #200 on: December 07, 2012, 06:51:27 PM »

Batty you make a good point,it`s your preference to work the throttle and you`ve aquired the skill to do so. But the average player isnt quite there yet so it`s a ying,yang sort of thing.Both methods have there place and I guess it depends on pilot and or plane matchups.

My motive for posting was actually Scotch`s observation as I thought it was something that should be pointed out.

Batty,if it was you and I you can bet I`d be working the throttle,rudder and even using the trainers FM mode,not that any of that would help me against you! :devil

opps did I say that!!! :noid :noid :noid
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 06:53:15 PM by morfiend »

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #201 on: December 07, 2012, 07:00:50 PM »
 Batty you make a good point,it`s your preference to work the throttle and you`ve aquired the skill to do so. But the average player isnt quite there yet so it`s a ying,yang sort of thing.Both methods have there place and I guess it depends on pilot and or plane matchups.

My motive for posting was actually Scotch`s observation as I thought it was something that should be pointed out.

Batty,if it was you and I you can bet I`d be working the throttle,rudder and even using the trainers FM mode,not that any of that would help me against you! :devil

opps did I say that!!! :noid :noid :noid

:O  trainers FM mode?

Pray tell more... :huh

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #202 on: December 07, 2012, 07:51:12 PM »
:O  trainers FM mode?

Pray tell more... :huh

Geez Morph...why did you have to tell him about that?  REALLY???
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #203 on: December 07, 2012, 11:21:12 PM »

:noid :noid

:rofl

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #204 on: December 08, 2012, 12:42:32 AM »
A quick sumary of the plot so far:-

He who's name must never be mentioned: Oh woe, woe is me, for there art still a tiny list of pilots I cannot beat from time to time (regardless of circumstance) to which I can then apply my 5 = 50 argument to. The pain the pain, the ego it burns!

Various members of forum: Ye verily, for thou art an ACM village idiot, foresooth tis merely the sacred Spitfire that does provide for thine shortcomings, and permits thee the dastardly front quarter shot, else thou would be nought but a target drone.

He who's name must never be mentioned: Woe is me, for I have learned the lesson of my prideful and arrogant ways and I art now humble and accepting of my mental limitations.

Various members of forum: Indeed, thy was too cocky and thine claims of shooting me down be over-inflated and sinful.

He who's name must never be mentioned: Foresooth, tis true, I must return to my roots of picking and HOing, nay worse, I must become a GVer, for camping spawn points is much kinder to my monstrous ego.

A few selective helpful members of forum: Tis a tragedy, for we can help you with your ACM, we thought you not worthy, but since you have displayed true and sincere humility, here is a sacred film, illustrating the holy ACM, we will explain to you, since you cannot comprehend the sacred words yourself, for thou art an illiterate court jester.

He who's name must never be mentioned: Oh praise be! The holy ACM has renewed my faith, I must simply chop throttle in the heavenly rolling scissors to get a shot. I shall shortly defeat you all with ease and frequency, and shall then fill channel 200 and the holy forum of brageration with the sacred words: Midway Hu Akbar! Ye, even my FPH shall be smited at least a quarter of the time, and I shall then rightly and justly take my place at the big boys table, were I shall throw bones and ale at the other serfs and have them worship me and fetch me their wenches.

Various members of forum: Oh jeez, not this s**t again!

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #205 on: December 08, 2012, 12:54:21 AM »

He who's name must never be mentioned: Oh woe, woe is me, for there art still a tiny list of pilots I cannot beat from time to time (regardless of circumstance) to which I can then apply my 5 = 50 argument to. The pain the pain, the ego it burns!

Various members of forum: Ye verily, for thou art an ACM village idiot, foresooth tis merely the sacred Spitfire that does provide for thine shortcomings, and permits thee the dastardly front quarter shot, else thou would be nought but a target drone.

He who's name must never be mentioned: Woe is me, for I have learned the lesson of my prideful and arrogant ways and I art now humble and accepting of my mental limitations.

Various members of forum: Indeed, thy was too cocky and thine claims of shooting me down be over-inflated and sinful.

He who's name must never be mentioned: Foresooth, tis true, I must return to my roots of picking and HOing, nay worse, I must become a GVer, for camping spawn points is much kinder to my monstrous ego.

A few selective helpful members of forum: Tis a tragedy, for we can help you with your ACM, we thought you not worthy, but since you have displayed true and sincere humility, here is a sacred film, illustrating the holy ACM, we will explain to you, since you cannot comprehend the sacred words yourself, for thou art an illiterate court jester.

He who's name must never be mentioned: Oh praise be! The holy ACM has renewed my faith, I must simply chop throttle in the heavenly rolling scissors to get a shot. I shall shortly defeat you all with ease and frequency, and shall then fill channel 200 and the holy forum of brageration with the sacred words: Midway Hu Akbar! Ye, even my FPH shall be smited at least a quarter of the time, and I shall then rightly and justly take my place at the big boys table, were I shall throw bones and ale at the other serfs and have them worship me and fetch me their wenches.

AWESOME and sadly so very true
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #206 on: December 08, 2012, 01:03:22 AM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
+1000 spot on bud  :aok
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #207 on: December 08, 2012, 01:20:46 AM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #208 on: December 08, 2012, 01:46:09 AM »
I apologize for having read through a quarter of this post............please forgive me all.

I will repent by flying an EZ mode plane of British origin for a full night.

HL
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #209 on: December 08, 2012, 02:26:57 AM »
Shida....   :rofl
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.