Author Topic: An apology aka I would like to/need to correct the record...  (Read 8103 times)

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
Re: An apology aka I would like to/need to correct the record...
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 03:28:18 AM »
Why are you guys stroking his ego?! He is not a good pilot and never will be SORRY! First he does the same moves and once I beat him a few times after avoiding head-ons he's out to hunt you down. How weird is that? I now understand how Bruv feels with the wet ankle syndrome. Your apology is not excepted in this community because you always revert back to the same cowardly who /midway antics. Nuff said...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 03:31:04 AM by Pawz »
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 04:17:50 AM »
Why are you guys stroking his ego?! He is not a good pilot and never will be SORRY! First he does the same moves and once I beat him a few times after avoiding head-ons he's out to hunt you down. How weird is that? I now understand how Bruv feels with the wet ankle syndrome. Your apology is not excepted in this community because you always revert back to the same cowardly who /midway antics. Nuff said...
Sadly this is true, I for one beat midway quite often, I would say 80% of the time or more IMO, usually lose when I get lazy, and the k4 vs Spit8 can be a tough one as well as the spit out performs it in most any way other than climbing and running (and he usually has E because I am already engaged  :lol ) and every time he hunts me and HUNTS me and HUNTS ME until either he kills me or gives up to find another fight, whether 2v1 or 5v1 he comes in as the 6th for his kill  :lol

I don't mind it, I find it quite funny most of the time actually, he's quite easy to reverse troll with his own words.  :rofl

:cheers:  :salute  :D

:noid
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 04:22:03 AM »
I am afraid, someone couldnt learn anything during those 2 weeks.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 05:49:37 AM »
Who,you might want to do a lot more training,there are some great trainers out there that can explain what your doing right or wrong at the time of flying ,which helps a lot.
I thought i was getting pretty good two years in ,then realized I was only getting good with about 70% of the players in the game ,which have no real ACM skill,and just brag a lot (don't become this)
Take any chance you have to one on one fly with any trainer or stick that can shoot you down and is willing to help.
I would be happy to wing up against you in TA anytime if you wanted,just pm me.

Tried that many times, both DA and TA.  Thousands of sorties. :bhead  Some of the best pilots tried helping me many many times, without success. :bhead   Nothing is helping me advance any further. :bhead

A child can not comprehend calculus, unless they are a genius prodigy. :old:

Defeat is admitted in my quest to approach the awesomeness of my FPHs.  :frown:

My only other option is to buy a CH combat stick and hope said stick will push me through said ceiling. :joystick:

Reality must be accepted instead of fantasy. :old:

Although one can always continue to dream. :old:

I HOed Pawz's 262 and won. :)

There is still MA fun to be had in picking, vulching, HOing, winning, and losing. :old:

:headscratch: :cry

:confused:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 06:31:39 AM »

Not sure where you can go from here the only way is further conditioning in the DA with better pilots.   :old:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,341611.msg4512988.html#msg4512988

"You simply don't have the inherent talent to be recognized as "great"; you need a mentor, not a role-model, to refine and broaden your skills. You have the potential to become a much more capable/effective pilot."

Hey Midway - check out my sig - especially the second line, altho' all 3 apply.   :aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Iraqvet

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 07:35:11 AM »
Midway, you weren't singing. You were incessantly typing song lyrics, and it wasn't just Bruv, everyone told you to give it a rest. For whatever reason you chose to ignore everybody and continue till you got muted. How many times is that now?  :bhead

:aok
***The Perk Tank Snuff***
HHC 1-502nd "Strike" Infantry 101st Airborne Division Air Assault!
The very essence of leadership is its purpose. The purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 07:53:13 AM »
Tried that many times, both DA and TA.  Thousands of sorties. :bhead  Some of the best pilots tried helping me many many times, without success. :bhead   Nothing is helping me advance any further. :bhead

Midway -

I don't mean to make it sound like you are a noob, because I know you are not.  Did you film the fights and analyze them in a slow speed (usually 0.15 to 0.25) to see what the states of each plane were?  Sounds like you found what your kryptonite is and you are struggling to overcome it.  You mentioned that you sought the help of some of the best pilots in the game, or they tried to help you?  Did you share that film with them?  I know of two guys (one is a current AH2 trainer and retired Air Force pilot and one a former trainer and a retired Navy Top Gun pilot) that can possibly help you to analyze what is going on.  If you want their game IDs, just PM me.  One for sure would help, the other, I'd have to ask him as he is always busy or traveling...

I'd offer to help, but I struggle just to remain average at best.  Went through a 2 week dry spell without any air to air kills until a few days ago, I finally broke through the spell.  It can be maddening to say the least.

:rock
SlipKnoT
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:55:53 AM by SlipKnt »
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 08:10:09 AM »

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,341611.msg4512988.html#msg4512988

"You simply don't have the inherent talent to be recognized as "great"; you need a mentor, not a role-model, to refine and broaden your skills. You have the potential to become a much more capable/effective pilot."

Hey Midway - check out my sig - especially the second line, altho' all 3 apply.   :aok

:confused: :headscratch: :frown:

Truth is truth. :old:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 08:21:59 AM »
The BBS and ch 200 was so peaceful.  :cry

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 08:24:41 AM »
Midway -

I don't mean to make it sound like you are a noob, because I know you are not.  Did you film the fights and analyze them in a slow speed (usually 0.15 to 0.25) to see what the states of each plane were?  Sounds like you found what your kryptonite is and you are struggling to overcome it.  You mentioned that you sought the help of some of the best pilots in the game, or they tried to help you?  Did you share that film with them?  I know of two guys (one is a current AH2 trainer and retired Air Force pilot and one a former trainer and a retired Navy Top Gun pilot) that can possibly help you to analyze what is going on.  If you want their game IDs, just PM me.  One for sure would help, the other, I'd have to ask him as he is always busy or traveling...

I'd offer to help, but I struggle just to remain average at best.  Went through a 2 week dry spell without any air to air kills until a few days ago, I finally broke through the spell.  It can be maddening to say the least.

:rock
SlipKnoT

Thank you for the suggestions, SlipKnt, but I've come to some conclusions:

(1) If the above suggestions would help, then there would be far more equals to my FPHs than there are.  I've tried slow film review, I've been told what I'm doing wrong and what I need to do instead.  I've tried those things, they got me killed quicker. :confused:

(2) Some people just have the purity of genius and clear thinking aka mad skills, which are not easily copied or learned. :aok

(3) There is a reason Albert Einstein was a genius, or Steven Jobs, or Elon Musk, or Henry Ford, all are/were amazing talents.  Talents which are not transferable and can thus only be admired for excellence and possibly be an inspiration for some mediocre achievement in the admirer's near future. :)

(4) Aces High models combat and flight sim very well and yet even a Top Gun RL pilot instructor is unable to excel beyond or equal the awesomeness of FPHs like, for example, my original and bestest Fighter Pilot Hero, Bruv119 (or his FPH, Kazza).  Again, showing how talented some people are. :O

(5) Shane is right. :frown:

The above are based on thousands of hours of flight time, tens of thousands of sorties, and an ongoing sincere and strong desire to get to the level of said Fighter Pilot Heros. :cry

I no longer want any help, as it just reinforces my mediocrity, results in nothing learned other than a sense of continuing defeat on the road to achieving FPH level skills.  I can not :bhead any longer nor ask others to do it for me to achieve said skill level. :ahand

Time to focus on fun in the MA and accept reality over fantasy. :old:

Thank you. :confused:

:headscratch: :confused:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:41:00 AM by Midway »

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 08:30:26 AM »
I saved this image long ago after Shane used it in a thread as it seemed like it would usable again in the future.  It seems so appropriate to any of the never ending Midway threads.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 08:33:53 AM »
<=== saves Gupp's image for the next go around of Midway's inevitable ban and return.  :bhead

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 08:34:34 AM »
I saved this image long ago after Shane used it in a thread as it seemed like it would usable again in the future.  It seems so appropriate to any of the never ending Midway threads.

(Image removed from quote.)

:cry   :confused:   :frown:   :confused:   :bolt:

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 08:59:31 AM »
I am not as good as I thought -- yet.  In fact, compared to those with Bruv level skill, I stink.  Having hit a ceiling in my abilities, I am now stuck to said ceiling and have been for months.  :cry

I hereby apologize to all for overstating my abilities, they are not as I had hoped.  An apology is also necessary for several recent moment(s) of weakness for which I have given my way much consideration. :frown:

I made a mistake and admit same.  Truth is truth. :old:

Thank you. :)

You can admit it Midway, it was the other night's complete and utter dismantling of your Spitfire by the mighty Mitsubishi aeroplane that has brought about this epiphany and made you reconsider your way.    :joystick:   :D

:salute  Nishizwa

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 09:01:21 AM »
Why is it good for someone to constantly lick some certain people's bottom? Maybe to annoy others?
If so, i would take a look on the description of the rule 4.
If not, then someone is just extremely low on social talent.
AoM
City of ice