Author Topic: Do P51s breed sucky pilots??  (Read 4977 times)

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
Re: Do P51s breed sucky pilots??
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2012, 06:05:18 AM »
I judge sticks on a different scale.

Video game pilots = suck unless of course in real life they have ever gotten a 15 hour flight off of a winch launch or 2k tow.
While we are judging by a different scale, why not go all out?  We all suck, unless of course in real life we've ever had to constantly have our head on a swivel, or manually trim a real ww2 bird while live rounds fill the air fired by combat tested aces determined to kill you.........  but I kind of thought we were on the boards of a GAME where we all get to live vicariously through their exploits?   :aok

:salute
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:23:17 AM by ARSNishi »

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2012, 08:06:12 AM »
Well, in an La7 you fight with confidence because you know that when things go bad you can run away. In a P47 you attack with confidence when you have the advantage. When not, you have no choice except fight like a wounded animal. End result, P47 makes you fight more and run less. P40 makes you fight even more. With a P39 one does not expect to land anyway, so all he can do is fight fight fight, then when out of bullets ram the enemy, then bail out and shoot them down with your 45, then taunt them on ch200 till they auger while typing - that is a fighter's spirit!

Be a fighter, fly mid-war planes and talk smack on ch200!

:aok :rofl
Who is John Galt?

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2012, 10:54:53 AM »
I judge sticks on a different scale.

Video game pilots = suck unless of course in real life they have ever gotten a 15 hour flight off of a winch launch or 2k tow.

Posting look at me threads = reset to suckage.

Would be more impressed someone actually owned a P51 mustang or flew a jet, then they would definitely would not suck imo  :joystick:

Have you any pictures of flying these gliders? Feels like all has been said that has to be said on the P51 maybe we could end the thread in a nice way looking at your glider snaps  :)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2012, 07:00:49 PM »
While we are judging by a different scale, why not go all out?  We all suck, unless of course in real life we've ever had to constantly have our head on a swivel, or manually trim a real ww2 bird while live rounds fill the air fired by combat tested aces determined to kill you.........  but I kind of thought we were on the boards of a GAME where we all get to live vicariously through their exploits?   :aok

hehe. . . Ever flown in competition? Im thinking not:

If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2012, 10:33:05 PM »
Cool pic which glider are you in?

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2012, 11:41:51 PM »
Cool pic which glider are you in?

what I was wonderin :rofl

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2012, 01:20:21 AM »
You boys dont get out much huh? That is a picture from the World Gliding Championships (as close to the Olympics as you can get). I have lots of pictures from the WGC in 2010 at Szeged Hungary. We also spent two days at the event when it was in Texas this year. Next year it will be in Argentina but because Argentina is southern hemisphere it will be held in January about thirty days from now.

Gliding is easy. If you can pass the Flight Exam and can see well enough to look out for other airplanes you can fly gliders. Its also cheap. Outside of the more expensive clubs you can learn gliders for about $37/hr (thats a healthy distribution of the SSA membership of course). Since the new pilot requirements the ranks of glider pilots have swollen so it might be difficult to get a flight scheduled depending on where you live.

Both of you should give it a try.  :salute
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2012, 09:47:16 AM »
hehe. . . Ever flown in competition? Im thinking not:

(Image removed from quote.)

Ever flown a ww2 bird in combat?  I'm thinking not.  But please by all means, do continue to regale us with your heroic, riveting accounts of glider greatness.  I'm sure we all wait with bated breath and the more you pat yourself on the back I'm sure we will eventually subordinate ourselves to your superior skill set.

Got condescension?

:salute Nishizwa

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2012, 12:19:02 PM »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2012, 12:34:32 PM »
Ever flown a ww2 bird in combat?  I'm thinking not.  But please by all means, do continue to regale us with your heroic, riveting accounts of glider greatness.  I'm sure we all wait with bated breath and the more you pat yourself on the back I'm sure we will eventually subordinate ourselves to your superior skill set.

I was just pointing out that there are more avenues to develop SA than combat. Glider flying is very dangerous. You can be clever and condescending all you want the fact is you have to be prepared to hit the silk when the time comes. No one is going to shoot at you but the danger of collision is ever-present.

I know you are comfortable in your office chair and playing AH and thinking your awesome in your BBS posts and your cartoon ACM. Pervert in his post has made an attempt to put down an entire group of people that like to fly one single aircraft. It makes him look like a ballerina is all Im saying. I think you just joined him.

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2012, 01:22:52 PM »
You can be clever and condescending all you want.......
Me?   :headscratch:  It's your arrogant condescension that motivated my reply in the first place.   Gems such as this:

Video game pilots = suck unless of course in real life they have ever gotten a 15 hour flight off of a winch launch or 2k tow.  ,  Ever flown in competition? I'm thinking not:  ,  You boys dont get out much huh? , I know you are comfortable in your office chair and playing AH and thinking your awesome in your BBS posts and your cartoon ACM.

All translated to say: Until you've flown a glider in competition like ME, your opinions about this virtual aerial combat GAME are not worthy of being heard, and any skills you might have developed in this GAME can't begin to compare with my real life lessons. 

I called BS because your real life lessons don't begin to compare with what the real pilots of ww2 had to face.

Got condescension?

:salute

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2012, 03:22:22 PM »
that pic with all those Gliders certainly looked dangerous.....and fun.

why is it that the most fun we get...... is when we are putting our selves in harms way?

I think it is because when we are close to death we feel the most alive.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2012, 05:55:28 PM »
that pic with all those Gliders certainly looked dangerous.....and fun.

gotta be fake.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2012, 06:44:46 PM »
gotta be fake.

I wouldn't know honestly....I try to take people at their word....a downfall I know..... :frown:

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2012, 07:54:59 PM »
Maneuverability? Ha! All I need is my DG a lot of sun a little wind and I will stay airborne sailing all day... True Soaring aircraft are fully aerobatic and the more complex they are the more understanding of flight you may achieve.  :aok

Wow you own one of these??  :O :O How much did that cost??????, think it would be well out of my budget I cannot even afford a new puter let alone own a glider :cry Obviously you chose this as your handle because you own one  :old:

http://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/index.php?id=dg1000-herausforderer-e

Did you compete at the glider world championships??
Any pics or vids, this could be cool!