Author Topic: I hate the La7  (Read 7468 times)

Offline Jed

• Copper Member
Re: I hate the La7
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2012, 07:24:00 PM »
la7 = most pathetic plane to be caught flying in the game   In my opinion, of which I hope I can be entitled to.
 Many times have I shot someone down, only to have them up in an La-7 to catch me, so they can engage me and have their friends pick me off in a 7 v1 .   I have no respect for anyone who fly's them in this manner. A rocket with cannons..       
      Now If I can catch one ALONE..   in my Jug. They are fun to get into a rolling scissors with and can be handled. :banana:

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2012, 07:47:24 PM »
la7 = most pathetic plane to be caught flying in the game   In my opinion, of which I hope I can be entitled to.
 Many times have I shot someone down, only to have them up in an La-7 to catch me, so they can engage me and have their friends pick me off in a 7 v1 .   I have no respect for anyone who fly's them in this manner. A rocket with cannons..       
      Now If I can catch one ALONE..   in my Jug. They are fun to get into a rolling scissors with and can be handled. :banana:

How it is flown........ has nothing to do with the plane........the LA7 is great but if you fly like a tard it does not matter what you are in....could be a P40.....

I never care what someone is flying.....it is How they fly that leaves the impression....

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2012, 07:53:05 PM »
I'm sorry good sir, did you just say the La7 is the most pathetic plane? Have you never once ran into a P51, 190D, or dare I say it....A BREW in the MA???

I honestly find La7's very easy to kill assuming I catch them.

It's spits, zekes, brews, etc. I have trouble with *shrugs*
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2012, 07:56:07 PM »
LOL its another one of these threads...just like the mustang thread. The LA7 is lethal as hell in the right hands and is no push over at all in a stall fight. You can use it for "good" or "evil" (whatever the current, arbitrary in-game definition of good and evil is) Stop crying about what planes people fly. Its the most tired argument in the game.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2012, 08:08:23 PM »
LOL its another one of these threads...just like the mustang thread. The LA7 is lethal as hell in the right hands and is no push over at all in a stall fight. You can use it for "good" or "evil" (whatever the current, arbitrary in-game definition of good and evil is) Stop crying about what planes people fly. Its the most tired argument in the game.
In my last statement, you're about the only pony pilot excluded from that  :old:

Hell you're only of the only people to fight in a pony! And are quite lethal as well  :uhoh

:cheers:

:salute
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 08:31:52 PM »

I admit I do fly the La7, more than most. 

Just go ahead and pm next time you see me in the MA, I'll happily let you catch me alone.   :lol

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2012, 08:37:08 PM »
In my last statement, you're about the only pony pilot excluded from that  :old:

Hell you're only of the only people to fight in a pony! And are quite lethal as well  :uhoh

:cheers:

:salute

Lol..thanks...I try. You're not so bad yourself.  :salute I used to let other peoples plane choice get to me. Not so much anymore. I don't care what people fly. I think its important to experience other planes if you want to be more well rounded, but if someone wants to stay in a Spit16 or Mustang for their entire time in the game, that's OK with me. Its just a video game. If they took mustangs away tomorrow, I would find a new plane and do just as well as I do now.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 09:03:41 PM »
LA-7 is much like the spit or 51. So few pilots know how to use it that it becomes easy meat for above average sticks. Since they updated it, It's pretty rare for me to encounter a lone LA pilot that doesn't fall to my Jug.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 09:25:19 PM »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Jed

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 09:38:35 PM »
SF...  you are an exception my friend.   I know you can fly it, and catching you alone would be a difficult challenge <S>   
   on another note,  you can't use a p40 to chase a jug down after you have just been shot down on the deck.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2012, 09:49:28 PM »

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2012, 10:10:36 PM »
Quote from: RedBull1 link=topic=342954.msg4527280#msg4527280  :Ddate=1355888968
What the hell Change  :rofl :rofl :rofl

I thought it was an excellent point in the thread to interject some important information
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2012, 10:35:55 PM »
LA7 is Beast mode, same as KI84, Spitfires, 109s....just in different way.

152 Beast mode > All :rock :rock :rock
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2012, 06:20:26 AM »
In light reading, the Russians seem to stress making close, cannon shots.  I read that on the P39Q which they were glad to get, they removed the added wing, mounted extra 50s saying the canon was plenty of firepower.  The La7 can get close, quick which seems to follow their fighter philosophy.

I use the La7 when a field attack comes because it is so quick to get in the air and be at furbal fighting speed.  So much different than the P47M I use most of the time.

Offline Sg11

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2012, 08:37:33 AM »
Nothing else is as annoyingly dangerous to me as the La7! I hate it!
Not in a stall fight  :)