Author Topic: INK'S understanding of AH Lingo  (Read 3794 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
INK'S understanding of AH Lingo
« on: January 06, 2013, 03:28:00 PM »
here is my list and understanding of AH terminology....with my thoughts about each one....add yours or ones I have missed.....

Pick* killing an nme while they are trying to kill a con....(the con they are trying to kill does not have to be on your side...IE you could be Bish and "Pick" a rook of the 6 of a knight. (nothing wrong with using the Pick)

Vulch* shooting an nme down while he is taking off or landing....(I do not like vulchers or vulching)

Bounce* attacking an nme from an Altitude advantage.....

Gang bang* attacking a lone con with 4 or more guys...or attacking 2 cons with 7 or more guys......ECT ECT 

BnZ* Boom and Zoom....attacking an nme while he is slow or you have a large speed advantage and you keep up your speed and make fast slashing attacks......(a good BnZer will never go more then 2.5 or even closer, from the con he is attacking...will use the vertical to great affect....(nothing wrong with this until you become a HOTard)

TnB* Turn and burn.....A stick that uses a planes turning ability....probably not smart in the real world....but seeings how this is a game...its quit fun

knife fighting* the ability to switch up fighting between BnZ and TnB at will.....although a knife fight is usually done at High speed

HO* Head on....attacking an nme while you are in his gun solution....(sometimes this is the best attack..IE 110 vs Zero)

HO Tard*...someone who does not use ACM to avoid the nme's gun solution and just comes barreling in firing away....sometimes they are not firing while they are in the nme's gun solution...the key here is they use NO ACM...lots of BnZers fall into this category(not all though)

Fun Police*  Wartard players who dont like furballertards so they drop the hangers at a good fight

Ack Fighter* someone who tries to pick...bounce...... gangbang.......HOTARD........ soon as he loses advantage he instantly hits the deck and runs to his field so his field ack will do his fighting.....usually wont come back out of ACK until a few of his friends show up.

200 warrior
* someone who talks smack on 200 but is quite a disappointment in an actual fight.

BBS warrior* someone who talks smack on the BBS but is quite a disappointment in an actual fight.

War Guy*  someone who has little or no interest in fighting or engaging in Arial Combat...his sole purpose is to capture fields and win the "war" this only becomes a negative when he steps into the realm of "fun police"

Furballer
* he is not really interested in the "war" but may help with a base take...and/or...Vulch while doing so....he don't like a off sided fight......but wont leave if his side becomes a Gangbang.....he will most likely do any of the above...but may due to his own Honor abstain from certain ones.

Fighter * ....he wants to fight all comers..he will not run even if 10 cons are attacking him....but you will never see him among the 10 on a con.........he wants to be the very best at what he does.......he engages the nme as long as he still has guns...he will use some or all of the standard ACM/BFM to win his engagements.....he tries to win and fights like mad every sortie....EXCEPT he will not stoop down and use certain "styles" IE HOTard...ACK fighter...Vulch.....Although he will use BnZ.......TnB....knife fighting........and push his plane whatever it may be....beyond its limits.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
Re: INK'S understanding of AH Lingo
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 03:34:45 PM »
Very accurate...I Want to be a fighter....just need the skill.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 03:34:54 PM »
I hope others chime in with various past iterations of definitions applicable to our lil niche of ww2 ACM.

There have been some awesome definitions and classifications throughout the years.

About time to to get a current "usage" one.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 03:35:35 PM »
I figured Pick was "Cherry Pick" and while the main target is someone who is already engaged, the overall meaning is picking out the easiest target... i.e., on climbout (not really a vulch, but lamer than a bounce), the guy with zero E left after a fight, ignoring 8 challenging cons to butthump the smoking C205, etc...

<--- Proud 200/BBS WARRIOR!!!! Hehehehe

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 03:36:37 PM »

Copper, getting our clocks cleaned by RB repeatedly was a good time, anytime you want to go at it let me know (I am sure you outpace me!)
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 03:39:50 PM »
I figured Pick was "Cherry Pick" and while the main target is someone who is already engaged, the overall meaning is picking out the easiest target... i.e., on climbout (not really a vulch, but lamer than a bounce), the guy with zero E left after a fight, ignoring 8 challenging cons to butthump the smoking C205, etc...

<--- Proud 200/BBS WARRIOR!!!! Hehehehe

Cherry Pick refers to picking a noob...he is "cherry"....

but that is one I missed :aok

after being a fighter exclusively for 7 years you would think I could shoot good.....nope I suk bad....cant figure it out....

and thats something Shane touched base on in that other thread....AIM is crucial to a fight.....

being a "fighter" is more about attitude and Honor than "skill" though.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:44:13 PM by ink »

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 03:48:47 PM »
Cherry Pick refers to picking a noob...he is "cherry"....

see... to me Cherry Pick has meant, "flying around the furball, picking off the slow hanging planes otherwise engaged or unable to counter defensively."

Just dangling like a ripe cherry waiting to be picked. Cherry Pick(er)

Whacking noobs has been "seal clubbing" because they're so clueless - doesn't matter how you got them.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 03:53:29 PM »
see... to me Cherry Pick has meant, "flying around the furball, picking off the slow hanging planes otherwise engaged or unable to counter defensively."

Whacking noobs has been "seal clubbing" because they're so clueless - doesn't matter how you got them.

I always equated "Cherry" with being new.... :headscratch:

what you describe I would think just falls into the "Bnz-picker" category :D

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 03:59:40 PM »

:aok
-AoM-

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »
You got the willing... skills will come very soon!  :old:
AoM
City of ice

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 04:12:02 PM »

that's your interest in classic cars comng thru...

your defintiion of BNZ picker would be one of the sub-definition so of a cherry pick, altho' by nature most cherry picks, and picks in general, are performed at high speeds.

For example, let's say you were running... errr, dragging someone(s) on your six, and I wandered by from above and dove down to clear you. That would be a pick (actually it'd be a drag-n-bag, which is a subset of "picks") if they didn't see me, but it wouldn't be a cherry pick, even if the guy(s) who died were total noobs.

Ugh getting complicated, lol.

but basically Pick = nailing someone who was either unaware, or unable to counter.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 04:16:46 PM »
bomb**** : someone who in a gv battle is unable to get off the main lines and make a kill so he ups a set of bombers to take out the guy(s) who kept killing him.

Spawn Camper: a bomb****s favorite target.

Golden bb : when engaged in a fight you only hear one ping then you are in the tower, while on the shooters side it is known as awesomeness.

PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 04:18:26 PM »

Shane is right, over the years "cherry pick" has been shortened to "pick".  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 04:19:53 PM »
I understand it as Shane explains it. A "cherry pick" is picking the ripe cherry just hanging there, and whacking noobs is "clubbing baby seals". I've always felt that "pick" was just a shortened version for cherry pick so they should mean the same thing.  

Here's one to add "auger": To spin into the ground like an auger.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 04:20:31 PM »

Golden bb : when engaged in a fight you only hear one ping then you are in the tower, while on the shooters side it is known as awesomeness.

Golden BB to me has meant while your spinning down in flaming parts, you hold teh trigger down and by luck you manage to kill or otherwise disable the guy (or one of the guys) who just tore you up.

A death sprial spray and pray that produced an unexpected and hilarious result.

But again, it's about *current* usage, so....  :bolt: