Author Topic: INK'S understanding of AH Lingo  (Read 3783 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: INK'S understanding of AH Lingo
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 04:20:39 PM »
that's your interest in classic cars comng thru...

your defintiion of BNZ picker would be one of the sub-definition so of a cherry pick, altho' by nature most cherry picks, and picks in general, are performed at high speeds.

For example, let's say you were running... errr, dragging someone(s) on your six, and I wandered by from above and dove down to clear you. That would be a pick (actually it'd be a drag-n-bag, which is a subset of "picks") if they didn't see me, but it wouldn't be a cherry pick, even if the guy(s) who died were total noobs.

Ugh getting complicated, lol.

but basically Pick = nailing someone who was either unaware, or unable to counter.

could be...but I think more from the Vietnam war.....not that I was there...but thats what new guys were called "Cherry"

I guess I just always assumed that was the case here... :rofl

as far as pick= pick IE Kill :D someone off someone while they are engaged with a con.

that is the "act" drag and bag is a "technique" used.

it can get complicated :rofl

Shane is right, over the years "cherry pick" has been shortened to "pick".  

ack-ack

Ya I explain why I agree to Shane :aok

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 04:24:17 PM »
Golden BB to me has meant while your spinning down in flaming parts, you hold teh trigger down and by luck you manage to kill or otherwise disable the guy (or one of the guys) who just tore you up.

A death sprial spray and pray that produced an unexpected and hilarious result.

But again, it's about *current* usage, so....  :bolt:

:rofl :rofl

I have done that...once   :rofl :rofl :rofl

it is Hilarious :aok

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 04:33:43 PM »
I understand it as Shane explains it. A "cherry pick" is picking the ripe cherry just hanging there, and whacking noobs is "clubbing baby seals". I've always felt that "pick" was just a shortened version for cherry pick so they should mean the same thing.  

Here's one to add "auger": To spin into the ground like an auger.

bear in mind a drag-n-bag can also be a pick in a sense when the pursuer was unaware of his impending death. If he was aware that help was coming then it's not quite a pick even tho' it was still a drag-n-bag. So to me a "cherry" pick has always been the specific example of the furball and in general referred to a plane that was barely moving relative to the attacker - just literally hanging there with no recourse.  

Picks can occur away from a furball and may or may not have another name. For example, if I lurked near a base catching people low and slow (and hopefully unawares) those are picks... they could also be called "air vulching" depending on how close you were to the base.

I know several "dictionaries" have been produced over the years with many commonalities between competing games.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 04:46:27 PM »
 :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh What about " Nekked " ? :banana: :banana: :neener: :neener: :banana: :banana: :x :x :banana: :banana: :rofl :rofl :rofl
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Online Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 04:51:51 PM »
Chuwie and the alchemists  fall under war guy and fun police but that's just my opinion
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 04:52:50 PM »
:huh :huh :huh :huh :huh What about " Nekked " ? :banana: :banana: :neener: :neener: :banana: :banana: :x :x :banana: :banana: :rofl :rofl :rofl

you're just the latest incarnation, so *you're* the current definition.  :old:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 05:07:51 PM »
bear in mind a drag-n-bag can also be a pick in a sense when the pursuer was unaware of his impending death. If he was aware that help was coming then it's not quite a pick even tho' it was still a drag-n-bag. So to me a "cherry" pick has always been the specific example of the furball and in general referred to a plane that was barely moving relative to the attacker - just literally hanging there with no recourse.  

Picks can occur away from a furball and may or may not have another name. For example, if I lurked near a base catching people low and slow (and hopefully unawares) those are picks... they could also be called "air vulching" depending on how close you were to the base.

I know several "dictionaries" have been produced over the years with many commonalities between competing games.

cc that...I am glad I see it right now....I hate passin on bad info...... :o

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 05:09:37 PM »
 :huh :huh :huh :aok :aok :aok OK ! Thnx  :aok :aok :aok :banana: :banana: :neener: :neener: :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2013, 05:22:24 PM »
Gang bang* attacking a lone con with 4 or more guys...

Three or more.

Sign of the times, I guess.

- oldman

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2013, 05:35:57 PM »
HO Tard*....sometimes they are not firing while they are in the nme's gun solution...the key here is they use NO ACM...

Taking away any flight path offset (denying turning room) from an angles fighter going for a HO shot is a legitimate defensive maneuver. Shouldn't be construed as an HO Tard.

In the Doright dictionary where a player falls in the specturm of HO Tard-iness is determined by the their ability to use a superior angles fighter (or sometimes just an E advantage) to maneuver for a tracking gun solution vs just point at the icon and shoot irrespective of angles or future ACM considerations.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 05:49:33 PM by doright »
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 06:04:27 PM »
AltFairy - Fighter looking over the aerial battlefield at such a high altitude as to require O2 in his computer room.  He does this to determine which "pick" will be made first.  Some never come down...ever.

Asstronaut - See Altfairy

pwned - See Altfairy that decides to come down and misses his pick

Shade - when a player has an account with a different username other than the one that he plays with normally. 

privs - any privileges that HTC can remove at will.  Text buffer, VOX, BBS access, pink spits, pink underwear for 51 drivers, rainbow stickers for LA7s, Golds Gym stickers for KI84, K4, and Spit 1 drivers

Johnny Football - Person personally responsible for the total demolition of the University of Oklahoma Football program for the next 8 years.  Also, he beat the hell out of Bob and Mike Stoops and never actually touched them (see noobs and pwned)

uber - overused term to describe players body-parts-wish-list.  None are uber but many claim it.  Also used to describe turdburgler aircraft that no one in their right mind would ever want to fly (See the entire German Luftwaffe)

Canyon Fighting - When a group of prideless wannabes decend on the DA and pick one of the canyon areas to fight amongst themselves.  Generally performed at or close to the river that runs through the canyon unless specific players have on panties, AKPepprr notwithstanding because she has steel nads as demonstrated last night.  :D :rock ( you only wish that woman was in your squad)

Windowlickingshortbus rider - A term used lately to describe anyone that interrupts a good fight, as defined by the two participants,  AND MISSES.  Commonly referred to as a "tard", "tardlett", "freakin goober", "lmao!", "FOOL", "STEEERIKE ONE"

Think that covers it

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:16:21 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2013, 06:29:34 PM »
Hand holders: Players that require the emotional support of a second (or a whole bunch more) player(s) to deal with a single low and slow con in a comparably obsolete plane.  These players often prefer the P-51D and will run to their friends the moment total advantage in the fight is no longer guaranteed.  Often times, the hand holders simply run the enemy player out of gas.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2013, 07:35:18 PM »
Copper, getting our clocks cleaned by RB repeatedly was a good time, anytime you want to go at it let me know (I am sure you outpace me!)

Getting whooped up on by RB is a way of life for me, he's always up for a fight, and doesn't mind killing me for hours :)
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2013, 02:26:33 AM »
"owned"- when a con with all the advantages gets killed by the plane he attacked.  If the plane getting attacked can only pull a Headon shot to kill the attacker, he can't claim ownage! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2013, 02:41:46 AM »
Has anyone said Vtard?
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs