Author Topic: Aces High Publicity?  (Read 2324 times)

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Aces High Publicity?
« on: February 10, 2013, 10:38:09 PM »
I know that a few years ago (quite a few years ago actually... I was still a squeaker...) HTC aired a few commercials which is how I found out about AH. I'm sure that it is not in the current budget for HTC to air some more commercials right now since it probably runs somewhere around $500,000 (complete ballpark estimate), but there are other ways to generate publicity for reasonable costs.

A good point would be around where I live. Every July there is an event hosted at a local RC airfield called Warbirds over Delaware. This year the event takes place July 10th- 14th I bring this up because I thought that it would be a great chance for HTC to generate some publicity since everyone there shows up to either fly model warbirds or watch them be flown.

I also know that there is another event in the Midwest called Warbirds over the Rockies, but I have never been to this event, and know nothing of it.

It would also be a chance for HTC to walk around and get some ideas for planes to add to the game. Every once in a while someone will show up with a bird that no one else knows about.

And for anyone else that reads this thread, if you happen to be near the Lums Pond/ Newark area, feel free to stop by and check it out. The pilots love to be asked questions about their models, and some of them really get into the event.

http://www.delawarerc.org/warbirds.htm

Regards

:salute

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
Re: Aces High Publicity?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 11:06:26 PM »
Or just get some internet sensation to play the game for 30 seconds. Boom instant 500,000 people registered.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 11:15:47 PM »
Or just get some internet sensation to play the game for 30 seconds. Boom instant 500,000 people registered.

And then the server will crash over-and-over from being too many people... "Can just imagine the frame-rate dump near busy airfields"
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 11:23:18 PM »
And then the server will crash over-and-over from being too many people... "Can just imagine the frame-rate dump near busy airfields"
This is true.   :D
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 11:34:45 PM »
Or just Youtube it and title Gangham Style Nude. That would get enough hits.

You may not get the participants you want, but it would work.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 01:50:25 AM »
It would be the same crowd we've already got Three.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 09:08:31 AM »

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 10:24:33 AM »
Never understood why AH does not throw the game onto a CD with the two weeks free play then distribute them in the gifts shop at museums like Planes of Fame in Chino, CA or the Palm Springs Air Museum.  WWII enthusiasts are right there by the thousands every year.  Even that other online WWII sim got smart and advertised in the Historical Aviation Catalog.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 10:47:26 AM »
HTC has always said they wanted to stay "small". The split main arenas came about because the population got to high for one. It had nothing to do with "technical" issues, but social issues. HTC believed that too many people made it harder to build the community. If your one of 1000 people on your team it is easy to feel left out, while if your one of 200, not so much.

Maybe they are happy where they are. They make enough money to keep everyone happy while still doing the one thing they all seem to love, building the best flight Sim GAME out there. Not everyone needs more, MORE, MORE!

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 10:47:54 AM »
Never understood why AH does not throw the game onto a CD with the two weeks free play then distribute them in the gifts shop at museums like Planes of Fame in Chino, CA or the Palm Springs Air Museum.  WWII enthusiasts are right there by the thousands every year.  Even that other online WWII sim got smart and advertised in the Historical Aviation Catalog.

+1

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 10:52:14 AM »
HTC has always said they wanted to stay "small".

I recall otherwise Fugi. Back when the LW MA's were split, Hitech said something to the effect..."I'd rather have 10 LWA's with a 300 population max vs. 1 LWA with a 3,000 population max."

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 11:03:58 AM »
It's pretty standard for online games to have multiple instances with the same world and entirely different people.

It'd be awesome to see more people playing Aces, but it'd be weird to have different worlds.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 11:13:48 AM »
To the OP:

HTC still advertises on TV almost the exact same amount as we always have.

HTC has always said they wanted to stay "small". The split main arenas came about because the population got to high for one. It had nothing to do with "technical" issues, but social issues. HTC believed that too many people made it harder to build the community. If your one of 1000 people on your team it is easy to feel left out, while if your one of 200, not so much.

Maybe they are happy where they are. They make enough money to keep everyone happy while still doing the one thing they all seem to love, building the best flight Sim GAME out there. Not everyone needs more, MORE, MORE!

ABSOLUTLY NOT TRUE, Small as in number of employes. not Small as in size of player base.

HiTech

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 11:17:55 AM »
I always wonder how people can get to

HTC has always said....

and not think about rewriting what their trying to say.. lol

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 11:33:49 AM »
To the OP:

HTC still advertises on TV almost the exact same amount as we always have.

ABSOLUTLY NOT TRUE, Small as in number of employes. not Small as in size of player base.

HiTech

Thanks for the clarification.

I always wonder how people can get to

and not think about rewriting what their trying to say.. lol

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

The written word can be taken many different ways. In this case I understood it differently than intended.