Author Topic: Here we are !!!  (Read 1896 times)

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
Here we are !!!
« on: April 04, 2013, 07:26:24 AM »
When a collision occurs then there is a model that assigns damages.
Well, which is this model ?

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline Devonai

• Copper Member
      • Reckless Faith
Re: Here we are !!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 07:31:59 AM »
Someone at HTC throws one of these at the wall and records what happens:

http://www.amazon.com/Corgi-CC99303-Messerschmitt-Diecast-Vehicle/dp/B0071MVC02/
Guns!  Aliens!  Talking cats!  My new Science Fiction adventure, now on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/David-Kantrowitz/e/B002BMHJPE/

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 08:22:46 AM »
I see dead people...
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 09:11:04 AM »
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 09:23:28 AM »
It is coding far beyond the reach of us mere mortals.   ;) 

Just remember that what you see is not always *exactly* as it happens.  Also, most times when a player "wins" a collision the other guy is screaming "THAT SOB RAMMED ME!", and most of the time a player loses a collision they exclaim "THAT SOB RAMMED ME!", and then there are those of us who just *shrug* and realize that allowing ourselves to get in to that situation to begin with is our own fault and that is takes TWO for a collision to happen and that it take TWO to "Head On" as well.

Whatever the coding may be, I think if there is a collision the damage model should be far more dire than what it is.  I'd like to think when a Hurricane and a Zeke collide that neither plane would fly away.  The few planes that may have the ability to survive a collision of any sort would be the SBD, P47, F4U, F6F, 190, and perhaps the P40.  I'm sure there are other airframes known for their stoutness, but those are the airframes I know of for sure. 

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 09:27:29 AM »
It is coding far beyond the reach of us mere mortals.   ;) 

Just remember that what you see is not always *exactly* as it happens.  Also, most times when a player "wins" a collision the other guy is screaming "THAT SOB RAMMED ME!", and most of the time a player loses a collision they exclaim "THAT SOB RAMMED ME!", and then there are those of us who just *shrug* and realize that allowing ourselves to get in to that situation to begin with is our own fault and that is takes TWO for a collision to happen and that it take TWO to "Head On" as well.

Whatever the coding may be, I think if there is a collision the damage model should be far more dire than what it is.  I'd like to think when a Hurricane and a Zeke collide that neither plane would fly away.  The few planes that may have the ability to survive a collision of any sort would be the SBD, P47, F4U, F6F, 190, and perhaps the P40.  I'm sure there are other airframes known for their stoutness, but those are the airframes I know of for sure. 

Only takes one for a collision to happen, see snailmans pictures for an explanation.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 09:39:22 AM »
Only takes one for a collision to happen, see snailmans pictures for an explanation.

No... it takes TWO for the collision to occur.  If the two players are 300 yards apart there would be no collision.  If they are merging and they are 30 yards apart then yes, perhaps, thanks to lag/latency/goblins/gremlins, etc. 

I understand his explanation, but I'm not talking about the effects of all that.  I'm simply referring to two airplanes maneuvering in tight loops, etc, and they pass within peeing distance of each other then the chance of a collision is high regardless (think Zeke vs Hurricane @ 2000ft).  If we're speaking of a 190A-8 vs a P40F at 20,000 ft (2 of the worst turning planes in the game), and the merging is much further apart then the chance of collision is minimal if any. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 09:46:26 AM »
Can be a lot farther apart than the 30ft you quoted so yes it does only take one. That's why sometimes one player gets the collision and the other player doesn't.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 10:16:13 AM »
It is very easy to figure out/understand. If don't see a colllision on your screen you will not collide. You can take damage when Tue other guy collides with you with out seeing it on your screen only from his guns.

Don't collide, you won't get a collision.

Don't get in front of someone's guns and you won't get shot.

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 10:46:39 AM »
How Internet Lag Affects Aces High (includes how collisions occur on your end, but the other plane flies on)

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 03:55:53 PM »
Lag is not important because i'm speaking about a collision that happens on my pc.
The point is:

When on my ah pc version i collide, which is the collision model and the corresponding damages model?
For example, In a collision between jug and spit is it favorable for the jug?

« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 03:58:13 PM by lulu »
mobilis in mobile

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 04:04:59 PM »
If we're speaking of a 190A-8 vs a P40F at 20,000 ft (2 of the worst turning planes in the game)

The P-40 is one of the worst turners in the game?  :headscratch:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 04:11:27 PM »
Lag is not important because i'm speaking about a collision that happens on my pc.
The point is:

When on my ah pc version i collide, which is the collision model and the corresponding damages model?
For example, In a collision between jug and spit is it favorable for the jug?

When indeed speaking strictly about the things happening on YOUR PC, there is only one plane colliding: Yours. No other. And only yours is taking damage on YOUR computer in the collision that happens there, no matter which plane types are involved.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 06:21:07 PM »
I think lulu is asking whether or not both planes' airframe strength is taken into account when determining damage from the collision.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 08:41:28 PM »
It is very easy to figure out/understand. If don't see a colllision on your screen you will not collide. You can take damage when Tue other guy collides with you with out seeing it on your screen only from his guns.

Don't collide, you won't get a collision.

Don't get in front of someone's guns and you won't get shot.

(This guy....when he golfs his answer is "if you can't hit out of the bunkers, don't hit it in the bunker!)  Very Yogi Berra
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba