Author Topic: A-20 characteristics  (Read 7876 times)

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
Re: A-20 characteristics
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2013, 04:15:11 PM »
Dear HTC,

Please remodel the A-20 with engine performance of the sbd and turn radius of a B-29 with one good engine. I know this is the right flight model for the A-20, just trust me.

With love as always,

WarYeast...I mean Graycliff!
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2013, 04:21:40 PM »
I don't film. Never have. You have to "unzip" files or some garbage and I don't know how to do that.

Please don't make a list of things you don't know how to do, it would be the largest book in the world.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2013, 04:23:09 PM »
Please don't make a list of things you don't know how to do, it would be the largest book in the world.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

every villiage has their idiot :bolt:

And new sig!
Doesn't matter. In the end, I will mop the floor with this Cobia cat.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:41:30 PM by Zacherof »
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2013, 04:51:17 PM »
The only place I went wrong was .....

Really? The only place? :bhead

You obviously don't understand the strengths and weaknesses of the plane you were flying relative your enemy's. You made the mistake of fighting the other guy's fight and that breaks a cardinal rule. What you *thought*-- was mistaken. Doubtful you've learned anything from the experience tho. It's not how you roll.

The A-20 isn't exactly new to the game and neither is the P-51 so I'm not getting the how it's a mystery to you. I've flown against a lot of A-20s and I've fought Cobia many times. I now treat all A-20s as if Cobia was flying them even when I know we're countrymen at the time. I find I come out on the right side of things vs A-20s a lot more because of it. Cobia knows what he's doing. He's learned the Havoc really well and is disciplined in its use. If I KNOW it's Cobia I'm fighting I know I'll have my hands full and I know I'm in for a fight. I salute the guy for flying a bird generally outside of its intended use and kicking some serious bedonkadonk with it. It's always a pleasure watching him do this at close range too. :rock

You can make the statement the A-20 shouldn't be able to outturn a Mustang slow. If the Havoc were full of fuel and bombs I'm sure it'd turn like the overloaded furniture van it is in that configuration. But once it dumps the bombs and is light on fuel, if somebody with a clue-- like Cobia--is flying it, brother you just better pay attention! It's fast and has mass and absorbs ammo like--well like a bomber. It can be a problem! How you might have thought it flew in RL is immaterial. What matters is how it flies here. If you think it needs tweaking then come up with some literature to back up your claims and send it in. Not like that hasn't happened before. Whining about it here is just gonna get you--well--you know. :D

Know your plane. Know your enemy's plane. You screwed up on both. Figure it out and turn the page.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2013, 05:05:47 PM »
To paraphrase Sun Tzu:

Know yourself and know your enemy and you will win 1000 battles.
Know yourself and not your enemy and you will sometimes win and sometimes lose.
Know neither yourself nor your enemy and you will know defeat.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2013, 05:19:51 PM »

sorry,couldent resist  :devil

but seriously Graycliff,you killed yourself when you decided to get sloppy.  if you filmed it,watch it and you will see what I,m talking about  :salute
[/quote :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl]
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2013, 08:19:02 PM »
Just up a 38G, and the A20 will be neutralized :)  :aok :bolt:
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline dhaus

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2013, 08:30:59 PM »
When I see an A20 I just assume it is cobia and refuse to turn with it no matter what I'm in.  He has taught me too many painful lessons.  Stay fast and on top of the A20.  You got beat by a superior pilot.  Oh, has that been said before?    :bolt:

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2013, 08:45:40 PM »
Grayclif, I'd be more than happy to show you how Cobia out turned your P51. It isn't magic, a cheat, or anything else.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Buzzard7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2013, 08:55:55 PM »
Could it be Grey entered the turn fight at a higher speed than the a-20? If so he may have already been inside your radius Grey.

Offline HARDLIQR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2013, 09:26:09 PM »

I have come up against him many times he really is good in that thing. The BEST I'd say!

<Salute Cobia>

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:28:47 PM by HARDLIQR »

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2013, 10:19:22 PM »
Gray,
Let's paraphrase the opening of this thread:
"I was beaten and I shouldn't have been, the other guy's plane is probably better than it should be."  (Overlooks the possibility of superior skill which makes you look like an arrogant  :ahand)
"Also, I am a pilot and therefore I have instant credibility despite the fact I cannot prove said claim in this forum, nor have I brought forth ANY quantifiable data to support my claim other than the sum of exactly 2 turns and 1 whine.  When inevitably questioned for said flaming, I shall react like a bona-fide prepubescent."

Did it occur to you that an aviation game such as this would have many pilots in the ranks?  Did you do any homework whatsoever on the subject to save it from sheer subjectivity?  The age on your profile is N/A and your little quote is "the grayclif has spoken."  :rofl  This kind of immature slop makes me doubt you are a pilot.  (*Disclaimer* plenty of pilots are immature, but most hide it better)  My (generous) best guess is that you're a sub 30 youngster with a big chip on the shoulder because you earned a big, bad private pilot's license and accrued the massive total of 200 total hours-that's how you come across.  Cringe.

NEVER underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-http://despair.com/demotivators.html

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Einstein

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2013, 10:33:12 PM »
You'll have
better luck talking sense to warbeast  :old:
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :aok
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2013, 12:10:58 AM »
The A-20 has the climb rate of a city bus. Try thinking in terms other than the horizontal.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2013, 12:39:32 AM »
-I have never seen Cobia bragging about how awesome he is, especially not after his pony got completely owned by an a20.
-I have never seen Cobia trying to annoy people.
-I have never seen Cobia trying to belittle people.
-I have never seen Cobia being narcisstic. Nor being a complete retard. Nor lieing, trying to throw dirt on other players name.

Still have something to say? Come along,

Totally untrue.

I was beating him one night in a very good one on one when we were inturrupted by friendlies.  We had a friendly PM exchange afterward.  I was posting some nice things about him in another forum after this.

We ran into one another again soon afterward and I think I won (but I'm not 100% sure).  He immediately PM'd or 200'd some lame excuse and how I wasn't any good blah blah blah.  He's hardly the great guy you think he is.  He's just another whiner.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 12:52:11 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.