Author Topic: side-switching abuse  (Read 6811 times)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: side-switching abuse
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2013, 05:47:31 PM »
One of the reasons I only fly Special Events is the 12 hour rule...stabbed game play in the back.

+1

The problem with pandering to the win the war crowd is that they go out of their way to avoid danger and load the odds overly in their favour to the detriment of overall gameplay.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2013, 05:56:58 PM »
12 hours is just too long Ive been on late night/ early morning and there is no reason for a time switch penalty when the only fight going on is between the 2 countries your not a part of 1 hour  max.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2013, 06:58:48 PM »
+1

The problem with pandering to the win the war crowd is that they go out of their way to avoid danger and load the odds overly in their favour to the detriment of overall gameplay.

...but...but...but....that's the OBJECTIVE of this game, didn't anyone ever TELL you that??

- oldman

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2013, 07:32:31 PM »
I have yet to figure out how side switching equates with abuse.  :headscratch:

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2013, 07:34:21 PM »
12 hours is just too long Ive been on late night/ early morning and there is no reason for a time switch penalty when the only fight going on is between the 2 countries your not a part of 1 hour  max.

+1

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2013, 10:18:45 PM »
     What I don't get is if someone knew this guy was base grabbing by himself, why not just defend the base?
Was what you were doing so critical you couldn't spare ONE guy to oppose the milkrunner?
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2013, 10:23:47 PM »
     What I don't get is if someone knew this guy was base grabbing by himself, why not just defend the base?
Was what you were doing so critical you couldn't spare ONE guy to oppose the milkrunner?
Phan you have to keep up, the people complaining were on the same country. They didn't like it because when he captured the base it made the Strats they were hitting retreat to the rear and they were left stranded after taking the time to get in position at those Strats.

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2013, 10:28:04 PM »
So play the same tactic of the whole hord one or two pilots couldn't switch and contain one guy for the benefit of your oh so great chess piece
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2013, 10:45:38 PM »
It's hilarious.

To whomever it was.  :aok

I thought it was about peeing in your Wheaties, and the peaved gents just consumed a lot of urea.  :rofl

Did this guy anti-horde the horde? Uhhh yeah  :ahand
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 10:51:03 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2013, 10:47:14 PM »
Phan you have to keep up, the people complaining were on the same country. They didn't like it because when he captured the base it made the Strats they were hitting retreat to the rear and they were left stranded after taking the time to get in position at those Strats.
I find it funny that one person took down a whole town and capped it by himself...with no opposition. Classic!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2013, 10:49:34 PM »
edit
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2013, 11:29:02 PM »
It's been discussed many times.  Perhaps HTC could take a new approach to switching sides.  Suppose instead of the current process for switching sides, the entire process was altered so that any player could elect to switch sides at any time, as often as they wanted.  But instead of picking the side you switched to, you were only presented with one option, a change sides button.  When you clicked on that button.  The system looked at the balance of numbers on each side, if all sides were within say 10% of each other, You stayed on your current side.  If one side was lopsided , your side had larger numbers than either of the other two sides, than you are placed onto the side with the fewest numbers.  In other words, you don't get to pick the side, the system does.  You always have the option of not clicking on the change side button.  You could click on the button as often as you want, the system decides what side you will be placed on based on the current numbers on each side.

This would allow players that want to switch sides to balance numbers to do so.  This would allow players that want to remain loyal to a side to do so.
This would help limit spying because a player could not change sides unless the numbers on each side were unbalanced and the potential spy would may not end up on the side he wanted to spy on.  Players that wanted to remain on a side to remain in a squad could do so, by not selecting the change side option.

Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2013, 11:54:48 PM »
I find it funny that one person took down a whole town and capped it by himself...with no opposition. Classic!
Not that I know for certain but what was implied is that it was done with the knowledge of
the country that lost the base so that it would trigger the retreat of the Strats.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2013, 12:48:12 AM »
Traveler that's a good ideA.

But some of us don't switch sides due to balance.... :noid
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired