Author Topic: side-switching abuse  (Read 6801 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
side-switching abuse
« on: June 15, 2013, 05:14:30 PM »
Recently a nit player switched over to bish, white-flagged a nit town, then came back in a c47 and captured it. The base in question was a zone base and we bish had been pounding and GVing the crap out of the nit strats at the time. This of course had the effect of moving the strats back, annoying the h-ll out of a lot of us bish who'd worked hard taking the bases necessary for us to have the strats in GV range in the 1st place.

From a tactical standpoint the (heretofore) nit player made a smart move--he saved his strats from further abuse at the cost of having to stay bish for a day. But is it in the game's best interest that behavior be permitted? It's just the latest (but most egregious) example of abuse of the ability to switch sides and I'd really like this sort of thing to be stopped. If a player had to remain with the team he switched to for 3 days instead of 1, I imagine side-switching in order to hurt the side you've just joined would happen less often.

Thoughts?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: side-switching abuse
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 05:21:11 PM »
The basic problem is the flawed strats retreat concept.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline thedoom26

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 05:22:28 PM »
i agree. I was playing when that that happend, Everybody was telling him not to take the base, and Multiple PM were sent to him And he still took it, Then after He was trying to say it was not him, and he was not a Knight, I agree the Limit should be 2-3 days, not 12 hours, or maybe make it one day, lol
My name is Talin555 and if you get shot down by me, You should slap your self, Because i am not the best at  fighting.

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 05:47:53 PM »
I would like to see squads tied to there co. Only squad Co, with a squad of 2 or more stay a country. All those not in a squad will not have the choice to which country they play but will instead be signed a country when logging on for the sake of keeping balance

Edit: i would like to add if a squad co switch sides his squid changes and i would say increase from 12 hours to 48 min
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 05:51:37 PM by Schen »
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline eeyore

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 05:56:26 PM »
I switch sides (between rook and knight) occasionally, just for fun. When I do, it is either right before I log off for the night or I make a concentrated effort NOT to fight on the side from which I came (which is why you will find me flying on the bish front often). I know there are people who switch sides, just to have a temporary tactical advantage, and others who do not need to switch because they have shade accounts. If there is a game out there, someone will find a way to use the rules to their advantage (gaming the game) and while I think this is despicable, it is the reality of playing games. Honor is a rarity in this world, and even rarer when people can hide behind online identities.

:noid

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 06:20:03 PM »
...12 hrs is way to long should be 1 hr..... :aok

and at night it should be whenever you want.

there are ways around it...if someone switches...make it so they can not load bombs...or have it cost perks......something....

not everyone cares about the "war"

some are only loyal to the fight....and the 12 hr rule is by far the worst rule made......

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 06:32:48 PM »
...12 hrs is way to long should be 1 hr..... :aok

and at night it should be whenever you want.

there are ways around it...if someone switches...make it so they can not load bombs...or have it cost perks......something....

not everyone cares about the "war"

some are only loyal to the fight....and the 12 hr rule is by far the worst rule made......

+1
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 06:38:22 PM »
The twelve hour rule should only apply when drinking. 12 hours from bottle to throttle. If you need more than 12 hours you might need a room and an aspirin in the AM.   :old:
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 06:55:13 PM »
Base capture guys are telling people not to capture bases.  :lol

Tower monkeys the lot of you.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 06:57:42 PM »
The basic problem is the flawed strats retreat concept.

This.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 07:19:53 PM »
Get over it, it's bad enough many wizzed and moaned about switching, now we have 12hr changes...when that happened I noticed a lot of people stopped playing, or reduced playing time. 

By having 12hr the side inbalance it more often. 
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Hondo101

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 07:40:42 PM »
I was on at the time as described above and was one that was sending messages to the low life. Amazingly he has a ranking right at the top. If he so blatantly “gamed the system” in this fashion, makes one wonder about his ranking, hmmm.

Lusche is right about the strat retreat concept, but that is not the only problem here. How about those that jump just to spy and create havoc, dropping smoke on friendlies, or locate CV task groups, etc.

So from my $15 perspective, here are some recommendations for HTC to help alleviate this blatant “gaming of the system” problem:
1.   Can only change countries once per week.
2.   Loses 50% of all existing perk points. Regained 100% if stays a month.
3.   Earns only 50% value in perk points during week, Gains 100% if stays a month.
4.   The individual is subject to fragging for first 48 hours.
5.   The individuals vehicle and plane skins adorned in bright pink, with clown face. Icon in bright pink. (Applies to first week).
6.   Once each hour, in color specific text, announcement of all individuals who have jumped in the previous 24 hours.
7.   Possible test option to try, choice of changing for a month at jump time, none of the above apply.
8.   Also, kiddies on the “2 week free play” should be subject to fragging.

Option 4 above would be a quick and simple defensive tool. And how could anyone that plays the game straight up, not want loop holes closed? For those that want to “game the system”, who really cares what they think.

Ok, camp fire is lit, lawn chairs out, and weenies over the fire, beer in the cooler.

Offline Sg11

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 07:48:49 PM »
I understand it was annoying for the bish that.this could happen.
But even if the time limit of side switching would be for example 1 week it would'nt change the possibility to switch over and capture a field. The problem is the system. This problem is solved if the strat is at the same spot all the time. And btw. I don't think this is a great problem. There are only a few guys in this game that has the skills to do a capture like that he did by himself. I must say that I'm a little impressed of that guy. Even if he made the bish angry.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 07:53:17 PM »
I was on at the time as described above and was one that was sending messages to the low life. Amazingly he has a ranking right at the top. If he so blatantly “gamed the system” in this fashion, makes one wonder about his ranking, hmmm.

Lusche is right about the strat retreat concept, but that is not the only problem here. How about those that jump just to spy and create havoc, dropping smoke on friendlies, or locate CV task groups, etc.

So from my $15 perspective, here are some recommendations for HTC to help alleviate this blatant “gaming of the system” problem:
1.   Can only change countries once per week.
2.   Loses 50% of all existing perk points. Regained 100% if stays a month.
3.   Earns only 50% value in perk points during week, Gains 100% if stays a month.
4.   The individual is subject to fragging for first 48 hours.
5.   The individuals vehicle and plane skins adorned in bright pink, with clown face. Icon in bright pink. (Applies to first week).
6.   Once each hour, in color specific text, announcement of all individuals who have jumped in the previous 24 hours.
7.   Possible test option to try, choice of changing for a month at jump time, none of the above apply.
8.   Also, kiddies on the “2 week free play” should be subject to fragging.

Option 4 above would be a quick and simple defensive tool. And how could anyone that plays the game straight up, not want loop holes closed? For those that want to “game the system”, who really cares what they think.

Ok, camp fire is lit, lawn chairs out, and weenies over the fire, beer in the cooler.

ideas 1-8 NO!!! i like to switch when the fight is on another country i don't just switch i let my country mate/ squad mates know that i am doing it 12hrs is the most it should be and punishing someone that switches not a good idea, and i am not saying what they did is a good idea either but people are going to game it either way.
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 08:40:06 PM »
There was a bug report from knights they couldn't resupply strats after one of their guys side switched to cause it. Now that was funny! :ahand
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.