Author Topic: SweetFX Injector for AH  (Read 7008 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: SweetFX Injector for AH
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2013, 10:59:52 AM »
I think the simplest and easiest way to improve graphics is to have the option of an even higher resolution texture pack. In some planes, you can't even read the labels and warnings, while bolts and rivets look like a gray mushed dot. For example, my 109K4 pic on the first page. Looking at the wing, you can barely read the warning sign and the bolts, well I wouldn't even call them bolts.

Planes should get the best visual effects, followed by weapon visuals (smoke, fire, tracers) because that's what we see constantly in game.

you must have one heck of a system to accommodate an even higher resolution.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2013, 11:14:05 AM »
Personally, I think the 'Aces High Should Look Like The Best FPS Out There' argument
isn't a good one.

AHII will always be a dog-fighting first, other toys second game.

Also, it's one of the most economic downloads ever.

Honestly, the ground looks fine. When I really wanna sight see, I go outside.
sir please explain where i said i wanted to look like the best FPS out there? I just asked to update it (i.e. no triangle hills)
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2013, 12:19:02 PM »
All it does is use more CPU cycles and adjust your Gamma setting.   No telling what else is involved in that as well.    I'll pass, I would as well Bat.

It does more than that but you really need ENB for you to really take advantage of SweetFX.  By itself, it can improve the lighting and shadows somewhat and make colors a little more vibrant (depending on what settings you use) and make detailed settings for anti-aliasing.  I use it in some older DX 9 games without ENB and it does make them look a lot better, with ENB you can make a game (Skyrim is a good example) look almost photorealistic.

As someone mentioned, I'd be leary using it on an online game because of the way ENB and SweetFX work, but for offline games, it can really spruce things up.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2013, 12:21:45 PM »
you must have one heck of a system to accommodate an even higher resolution.

semp

For planes textures? Not even...my Radeon 6870 1GB barely hits 50% usage in a 30+ player furball/tank town. And if I turn self shadows off, I get 30-35% usage. AH uses a whole lot more CPU than GPU.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2013, 12:36:30 PM »
It does more than that but you really need ENB for you to really take advantage of SweetFX.  By itself, it can improve the lighting and shadows somewhat and make colors a little more vibrant (depending on what settings you use) and make detailed settings for anti-aliasing.  I use it in some older DX 9 games without ENB and it does make them look a lot better, with ENB you can make a game (Skyrim is a good example) look almost photorealistic.

As someone mentioned, I'd be leary using it on an online game because of the way ENB and SweetFX work, but for offline games, it can really spruce things up.

(Image removed from quote.)

ack-ack

Skyrim looks great vanilla...but dam that shot looks awesome. :O

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2013, 12:48:30 PM »
sir please explain where i said i wanted to look like the best FPS out there? I just asked to update it (i.e. no triangle hills)

You may consider upgrading on your end. I have no triangle hills in my end.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2013, 12:52:54 PM »
Sigh do i need pictures....I really hope you understand we see fundamentally the same aces high. The polygon count in the terrain is known to be the issue that causes this. 
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Myg

• aka Torquila (PNG)
  • Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2013, 01:02:07 PM »

I have approximated the location of one of the angle's(point) with a black box.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2013, 01:03:05 PM »
Sigh do i need pictures....I really hope you understand we see fundamentally the same aces high. The polygon count in the terrain is known to be the issue that causes this. 

The polygon count makes for smoother air to air gameplay over a terrain that is actually fairly detailed (not nearly as 'ugly' as as you would make it out to be). Perhaps a design of balance and compromise isn't your thing. That doesn't make it a bad design nor does it make yor request a practical one.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2013, 02:07:18 PM »
This is really cool Titantic. Thanks for posting. I'm going to look into it.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2013, 02:24:31 PM »
This is really cool Titantic. Thanks for posting. I'm going to look into it.

No problem. Was curious while playing Skyrim wondering if I could use the same "mods" for other games, turns out you can.  :)

Installation:

1. Download SweetFX http://www.guru3d.com/files_get/sweetfx_shader_suite_download,2.html
2. Extract all contents into your AH folder. C:Hitech Creations: Aces High (if you see the AH executable in the same folder, then you're in the right place)
3. Download SweetFX configurator http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/?p=91 (standalone)
4. Extract the folder to an easy place, Desktop or where you want.
5. Run the configurator.
6. Click Add new game.
7. Follow the directories until you find the AH executable.

A list of the settings is available, all you have to do is click on which one you want and adjust the values. Remember to click save after you check the boxes or adjust the values. Scroll Lock enables and disables SweetFX in game. Restart is required to see changes. And you don't need to turn on the configurator everytime you want to play. Once you save it, you can start AH like normal.

I've only been playing around with the HDR, Bloom, Lift Gamma Gain, Tone Map, and Vibrance settings, the other effects don't seem to do much in AH. FXAA or SMAA is up to you.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 02:27:18 PM by titanic3 »

semp

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2013, 03:31:26 PM »
One thing it does is lighten the F4U large glass pane reflector plate in the 1a, -D, -4. And in the P38G lightens the large bullet proof glass sheet but, not the dark sun filter plate behind the N-3 clear glass reflector plate. Maybe that's enough for some players who have complained.

It does a low FPS hit job (1 to 2 fps in some cases) on removing some jagged edges, adjusts up details, and fattens up fonts. Along with a small bit of color brightening\blending without the luminosity glare flattening from raising the in game gamma slider.

So if this thing is running will the server detect it as a hack and we get a nasty gram from HTC?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2013, 03:41:57 PM »
I can't imagine it being considered a bannable offense..even if it did somehow allow you to "cheat", what cheat would that be?

semp

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2013, 03:46:57 PM »
I personally could care less how detailed the map looks.

But I guess ive been here too long to care (my cp cam with AH1 on it :D) I tried showing a few friends who are interested in playing, and they took a look at the graphics and lol'd.

Why can't players just focas on the game play.

Albiet it would be awesome for AH to look like skyrim, especially the mountians. Maybe have a few dragons flying around to kill, and giants, mammoths to hunt down in M8's :t
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2013, 04:39:34 PM »
I personally could care less how detailed the map looks.

But I guess ive been here too long to care (my cp cam with AH1 on it :D) I tried showing a few friends who are interested in playing, and they took a look at the graphics and lol'd.

Why can't players just focas on the game play.

Albiet it would be awesome for AH to look like skyrim, especially the mountians. Maybe have a few dragons flying around to kill, and giants, mammoths to hunt down in M8's :t

:rofl

Give me some time..... :old: