Author Topic: Yak3 horde, manifestation of newest noob ride  (Read 17216 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Yak3 horde, manifestation of newest noob ride
« Reply #270 on: November 29, 2013, 12:49:32 PM »
The idiotic statements come from the usual players who endlessly acuse others of "crutch rides" when they fly P-51Ds, N1K2s, Doras, LA-7s, Bf 109K-4s and assorted perk rides pretending they are "fighting the good fight against the odds" when they almost ALL fly 1944-45 rides in one form or another!  :rofl .So spare me.

I hardly go over 8k in a 152....If you would like me to show you how I fly it, we can meet up in MA or DA. I probably have some films of me beating decent sticks in LA7s, 109s and F4Us...when I get back to my computer I'll search through the mess of films.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #271 on: November 29, 2013, 01:08:38 PM »
I hardly go over 8k in a 152....If you would like me to show you how I fly it, we can meet up in MA or DA. I probably have some films of me beating decent sticks in LA7s, 109s and F4Us...when I get back to my computer I'll search through the mess of films.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #272 on: November 29, 2013, 01:27:20 PM »
The yak really isn't that great of a plane... I encourage any and everyone to fly it, so that I can get more kills

thx,

Violator :devil

I actually disagree...I think the yak3 is a very good plane.   I just think it's flown by many who don't know how to take advantage of it as yet. 

I'm not a huge Yak3 fan because it, like all Russian rides, has a small ammo load and I'm a lousy shot.  :D
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #273 on: November 29, 2013, 01:42:53 PM »
I just think it's flown by many who don't know how to take advantage of it as yet. 

I think that this can be said about many of the air frames that we currently have.  I'm partial to the Ki84, and I constantly see pilots flying the Ki who don't really understand what she is really good at.

As for the Yak3...  I haven't tried it yet.  I tend to not like the Russian planes much, and since this isn't a Russian made game, they don't seem crazy good here (unlike a certain thunderous game with a magic Russian bi-plane).  That said, since I returned to the game, I haven't really seen very many Yak3s, and the ones I have tangled with haven't seem like they were that good.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member

Offline Golden Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #275 on: November 29, 2013, 07:32:30 PM »
152 is far from a crutch. In fact if you want to do anything other than boom and zoom the 152 can be a hindrance.

I agree.  I'm a mustang guy but I only turn fight  152s when I mess up and have to.  I uaully end up back in the tower.  With your slower speed only acm ensures survival.  Hardly a crutch. 
Fight's on!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #276 on: November 30, 2013, 03:10:34 PM »
The idiotic statements come from the usual players who endlessly acuse others of "crutch rides" when they fly P-51Ds, N1K2s, Doras, LA-7s, Bf 109K-4s and assorted perk rides pretending they are "fighting the good fight against the odds" when they almost ALL fly 1944-45 rides in one form or another!  :rofl .So spare me.

If you think a Dora or a K4 is a crutch ride. You havent spent enough time in either.

An argument can be made for the Niki the La7 and to a lessor extent the pony to some extent because the can do everything reasonably well at almost any speed. Yes the Dora and K4 are fast. but get them slow and they turn like crap and if you spend any amount of serious time in either you know at some point you will find yourself in and  have to learn to survive low and slow. Not nearly as easy as it is in the crutch rides.Spits. yak3s NIKI etc. which can noty only zoom you but thrive in low and slow situations
Not to mention the Yak3 can catch the Dora.

152 is even more difficult to handle once you get it low and slow. Try any of the 3 K4, Dora, 152 in that situation and you will quickly find out they are anything but EZ mode
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #277 on: November 30, 2013, 03:40:33 PM »
If you think a Dora or a K4 is a crutch ride. You havent spent enough time in either.

An argument can be made for the Niki the La7 and to a lessor extent the pony to some extent because the can do everything reasonably well at almost any speed. Yes the Dora and K4 are fast. but get them slow and they turn like crap and if you spend any amount of serious time in either you know at some point you will find yourself in and  have to learn to survive low and slow. Not nearly as easy as it is in the crutch rides.Spits. yak3s NIKI etc. which can noty only zoom you but thrive in low and slow situations
Not to mention the Yak3 can catch the Dora.

152 is even more difficult to handle once you get it low and slow. Try any of the 3 K4, Dora, 152 in that situation and you will quickly find out they are anything but EZ mode
Only true if turning is the only aspect of "crutch" that matters.  Speed, acceleration and climb are most certainly aspects of a crutch plane as well.  Bf109K-4 is absolutely a crutch plane and only somebody looking to pat themselves on the back for their skill while they utilize the Bf109K-4 crutch and taunt people for using the N1K2-J.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #278 on: November 30, 2013, 04:35:42 PM »
The "crutch" plane usually seems to be the one the other guy is flying, so its all a matter of perspective isn't it. There's always something that is faster or turns better , or climbs better than the one you are in.

If you a fly a P-39 then everything else probably seems to be a "crutch" plane . But only fools like Stang would do that ;)
I come from a land downunder

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #279 on: November 30, 2013, 05:46:25 PM »
The N1K2-J was one of the original aircraft in the game when AH went live.  It was the Japanese airplane of the original set.

Ah I couldn't remember, maybe it was the La7 then, one of the planes that was added was used quite a bit (more then 33% I think?) maybe it was the Chog.
JG 52

Offline DocDoom

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~docdoom
« Reply #280 on: November 30, 2013, 05:48:06 PM »
how old are you folks ?

like ... 5 ?

crutch this and crutch that

the game is only fair when you win, when you lose, the game is broken :D

stop worrying about stuff and have some fun, at least try and sound happy even if you have to fake it

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #281 on: November 30, 2013, 06:01:39 PM »
how old are you folks ?

like ... 5 ?

crutch this and crutch that

the game is only fair when you win, when you lose, the game is broken :D

stop worrying about stuff and have some fun, at least try and sound happy even if you have to fake it

Well I guess I am 20 years older than the last time I saw you Doc , still over in the states ?

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #282 on: November 30, 2013, 06:03:24 PM »

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #283 on: November 30, 2013, 06:24:44 PM »
I love to hear enemy complain about Mother Russia's superior aircraft.  :D
325th Checkertails

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #284 on: November 30, 2013, 06:34:38 PM »
Bf109K-4 is absolutely a crutch plane

I can't agree with this.  For people like me, at least, the K4 took awhile to learn how to handle the torque effect, the necessary rudder input, and the guns solution.  That just isn't the case with the Spitfires, Zekes, Niks, Yak3s and La7s.

- oldman