Author Topic: FIX THE COLLISION MODEL PLEASE!!!!  (Read 2522 times)

Offline Lone82

• Copper Member
FIX THE COLLISION MODEL PLEASE!!!!
« on: August 01, 2013, 05:51:43 PM »
probably been brought up a million times but how realistic is it that 2 planes collide in mid air at over 400 knts and one flies home unhurt.... or even worst what happen to me a little while ago... a KI43 collided head on with my Hetzer and flew away unharmed..... Hetzer losses track and engine......
Life is Hard, But it's even HARDER when your Stupid- John Wayne

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Re: FIX THE COLLISION MODEL PLEASE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 05:56:23 PM »
The enemy didn't hit your Hetzer so why should he be damaged?

Here...read this an learn how the collision model works.

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/lag/lag.htm
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 06:26:46 PM »
probably been brought up a million times but how realistic is it that 2 planes collide in mid air at over 400 knts and one flies home unhurt.... or even worst what happen to me a little while ago... a KI43 collided head on with my Hetzer and flew away unharmed..... Hetzer losses track and engine......

There is what YOU see from your computer, and there is what HE sees on his computer. On your there was a collision, on his there wasn't and he just missed you. So you get damage, and he doesn't. If the "other guy" automatically took damage like you are saying it wouldn't be fair. It could happen that a guy flies over your hetzer and you watch him fly by and then BOOM your in the tower. Bet you wouldn't like it that way would ya?

Check this out. Its two videos from each guys view laid one on top of the other. You can see how much ..... from one view... the guy misses the other.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,343951.msg4540493.html#msg4540493

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 07:27:41 AM »
Read the above mentioned stuff and accept that if you don't hit stuff (or allow stuff to hit you), you won't take damage. It's really that simple. 

Welcome to the game.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 07:32:57 AM »
how are there people who still don't understand how this works??   not only is it incredibly simple, it's been gone over 7 zillion times already.   the collision model isn't broken, so i seriously doubt they'll heed your request to fix it.
-AoM-

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 08:07:11 AM »
how are there people who still don't understand how this works??   not only is it incredibly simple, it's been gone over 7 zillion times already.   the collision model isn't broken, so i seriously doubt they'll heed your request to fix it.

"Posts: 30" may be your answer. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 09:20:11 AM »
Lots of Jedi waving thier hands in front of faces.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 11:41:08 AM »
Lots of Jedi waving thier hands in front of faces.
What is that supposed to mean?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 03:33:08 PM »
Hey guys (*slaps Larry, Curley and Moe*), read the OP before opening your yaps or please just ignore this forum (Help & Training) with responces like these.  This complaint is NOT the typical one beyond the first sentence.

Back on topic:  Film please or report this in the bugs forum, that sounds like a bug in one of those two models than a problem with the system.  Otherwise, the system works fine and prevent people from abusing intentional collisions.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 04:03:13 PM »
Hey guys (*slaps Larry, Curley and Moe*), read the OP before opening your yaps or please just ignore this forum (Help & Training) with responces like these.  This complaint is NOT the typical one beyond the first sentence.

Back on topic:  Film please or report this in the bugs forum, that sounds like a bug in one of those two models than a problem with the system.  Otherwise, the system works fine and prevent people from abusing intentional collisions.

Your response IS normal except for the last sentence.

Here ya go...now it's your turn to learn how the collision model works.

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/lag/lag.htm
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 05:06:25 PM »
How so?  That it involves a GV is superficially different, but ultimately it is the same old same old.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 06:17:57 PM »
Assumptions, assumptions.... 

First thing is first, film is needed to draw any definitive conclusions.  But, second thing is second, the wager!: I'll bet $5 either this post is a bug or has nothing (not one iota) to do with a collision taking place.

Taking the OP at his word, it sounds like he had a frontal vs frontal collision against a KI while in his Hetzer.... how did you guys miss that opportunity to pounce on the OP?  Either this is a serious bug with the new Hetzer, or it is more likely impossible as I don't think collisions register off a vehicle's front end like they do in aircraft (and the only thing vehicles collide with in this game are static objects).

Was this damage from the collision, or from the KI steaming with guns blazing perpendicular to the rear armor, or from an enemy tank/AAA in the area?  Since GVs don't/shouldn't collide, and thus he receives no collision damage, chances are good he got shot in that bellybutton by the KI or by another tank.  Most likely this is proof the OP is unaware of the true nature/mechanics of the collision model in the game.

Lastly, there is no way without film can we conclude that a collision even took place!!!!  (yeah, hello, where's the geniuses on the fact you've all just been caught here chewing him out about collision modeling when the collision model might not even have ANYTHING to do with this ENTIRE THREAD!) Was a message displayed to the OP while in his Hetzer that the KI pilot collided with them before the KI flew away unharmed?.... pretty sure planes can collide with vehicles in this game, that's a mechanic I'm familiar with too often, but never seen a vehicle collide with a plane and take damage...

Assuming the OP is incompitent (like in this post) or assuming there is a serious bug and maybe a problem (like my first post)....  The point: Which opinion did the rest of you want to go on the record here with Skuzzy for comming to the Official HiTech Creations Aces High Help & Training Forum today?

....but ultimately it is the same old same old.

Couldn't agree more.

How many "haha, collision model n00b" responces were made in the Help and Training forum before I intervened?  ... get what I'm saying?... how much salt has been thrown in this thread when 1) the wound wasn't even visible and 2) the OP came looking for assistance (I must point out, again, this is the Help and Training forum, not GD or OT)?  Throwing salt around aimlessly is very bad luck.

When one comes to the Help & Training forum asking for help, and you try to help them, you must first be sure to positively identify the problem... to quote the wiser: "Don't be a dick."
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 06:22:55 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 06:57:48 PM »
Vehicles collide with airplanes, Babalonian.

I agree non-helpful responses are bad, but that doesn't make the situation described by the OP something new.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 07:37:22 PM »
If the OP has any more questions I expect he'll let us know Babalon. You don't need to intervene to be helpful.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2013, 10:34:50 AM »

This post was originally started in the "Aces High Bug Reports" thread. Skuzzy moved it here ....only guessing here but, because he wants people to learn or the OP get help on understanding how the Collision model works. Yes planes can collide with vehicles. It doesn't happen often but it does happen. The same collision model is in place for both.

So this has worked out well, Bablonian has learned some thing too.  :D