Author Topic: Next Setup  (Read 5945 times)

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Next Setup
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2001, 01:03:00 PM »
I like Funked's setup.  It creates a nice interesting progression.  There's some things we need to get done in 1.08 before we can do a whole lot with the CT, so this will do well until then.

I'll implement this or a variant of this plan today.  Perk points will be reset, but then they will then remain in effect until the last episode of this campaign.

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Next Setup
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2001, 01:14:00 PM »
GREAT, PYRO!...

my only concern is that I dont see many people wanting to fly allies the first week  :(.

but the setup is nice and I like it  :)

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
Next Setup
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2001, 01:17:00 PM »
I'd not meant to imply your set was bad SW by my post or only mentioning RAMS list. I'm just genrally talking about how some want what was historically available, gameplay be damned or those that want a huge planeset - as that ends up making the CA look more like the MA.  I think your set is fine except for the combo of the P-51 and the P-47. Why? IMO, the P-51B will be untouchable and in combination with the higher alt performance of the P-47 the duo will rule the skies. If you added in the 109-G10 that would help offset that effect some.

You may want want to think about adding the 190-F in for an Axis jabo capability (if base attack is to be part of the equation in the combat arena)

A limited set is definately the way to go, imo, as you and RAM have both shown!

Westy

(edited due to Pyro's post: <blush> Funkeds' first post was so big I only gave it a coursery glance. It's nice. I realy need to stop doing that when trying to be a participant in disucssions.  I think Pyro made a good choice. I usually fly who ever is the underdog and I can see how things may swing back and forth now and then. Will help keep one side from being in the barrel too long. I hope!  :) )

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
Next Setup
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2001, 01:34:00 PM »
S!

A couple comments:

There has been much to do about the fact the Germans don`t have a 109G6 with the DB605AM or DB605ASM engines, ie. a 109G6 with methanol.  The suggestion is that the G10 can be added and will fix all this.

Also a lot of complaining about the P-47D11 being included.  The suggestion that it is 300 lbs underweight and therefore has to be excluded.

First of all, although I am on record as having initiated posts requesting a 109G6 with methanol, the fact is that the G6 WITHOUT methanol was the most common G6 in service, easily outnumbering the ones equipped with methanol, or the GM-1 Nitrogen Oxide injection system.  This was a fact right up until approx. May of `44.

And it is also a fact that the current G10 is a better performing aircraft than the G6 with methanol would be.  To suggest that it can be added in `43 is a pretty big leap by the Germans.

Those who are insisting it can be substituted are not being very balanced when at the same time they insist the P-47D11 be eliminated.

Because of course, the D11 is not equipped with paddle blade prop as it should be.  If it was, it would have a better climb rate, acceleration, sustained turn, etc.

So until HTC corrects the P-47D11 FM, and until a methanol equipped G6 arrives, then both should be included as part of this CA.

The compromise I am suggesting is that the D11 should arrive in July `43, and the G10 in January of `44.  (5 months early for the G10)  This, if we are using Funked Up`s scenarios, would see the D11 arrive with his `8th AAF Arrives` Scenario, and the G10 with the `Overlord` Scenario.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Next Setup
« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2001, 02:24:00 PM »
From Pyro's post it looks like the format has been decided.

Time to Play The Game.

:)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Next Setup
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2001, 02:39:00 PM »
Toad,

Your efforts to prevent this post from breaking the 100 barrier will prove futile.

Muahahahaha

AKDejaVu

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
Next Setup
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2001, 06:08:00 PM »
nm

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: bowser ]

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Next Setup
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2001, 08:31:00 PM »
Cool!
Of course now I will whine about the planeset!   :)