Author Topic: Your Handle's History  (Read 7765 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Your Handle's History
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2013, 02:17:13 PM »
When I started playing I didn't want a "cool name" that meant Ace or Killer. You hear "Maverick" and think skilled pilot, or "DeadEye" and you think of a crack shot. I wanted to take a name that had absolutely no meaning at all and create a meaning for it by fighting everyone and getting good at dogfighting. Just like we all know the names of great Aces from WW2 I wanted to create a name that would (eventually  :D) be a name that people would remember as a great pilot in AH2. As I pondered what name I should take (I was never good at making up names) I noticed my dads beer on the table. He drank Rolling Rock at the time and I saw the word "Latrobe" on it. I figured that was good enough and took it. I have never once thought of changing it.  :D :cheers:

Since no one knows who they're fighting in this game until one of you is dead, recently I've taken to putting a bright yellow nosed skin on every single one of my aircrafts. Hopefully this way everyone knows exactly who that 109F4 is without even fighting it.  :devil

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2013, 02:19:00 PM »
In my 2week trial I think I got shot up and went "dead stick" every time I managed too get a plane off the ground... Seemed fitting for me. I did not give thought to the pp jokes that would follow  :old:

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2013, 02:32:43 PM »
Some might think my name is Whiskey because of me and my families involvement in the liquor business for more than 20 years, but I actually got the title " Mr Whiskey " while in Germany in the eighties with the Army,,,  I had lots of German freinds in Ingleheim and the surrounding little towns, I gave out Jack Daniels for Christmas presents to all my German freinds ,, and just before Christmas of the next year, I'd hear hey Mr Whiskey, from people who hoped to get on my Christmas list!
The handle kind of stuck!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2013, 02:37:13 PM »
I started out in the AW as MajPayne due to the questions I alwayw asked. When I came to AH I picked fyrfitr and joined the 68firftr and after a brief stint with them I decided I didnt fit there. Now as a rule I had to get rid of the 68 and fly without it. A lot of peopme told me I had the flying ability of a LawnDart so I changed it to that. I have been flying with that handle ever since...

Excluding a 30 day stint as creampuf due to losing a duel ... a littl advice.. don't dri nk tequila tuan challenge someone to a name change duel. It is not worth it.

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline madrid311

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2013, 03:11:03 PM »
In air attack I picked the name gunfighter and switched to GunFTR here in    AH. I love gunfights from the Stephen  Hunter books and Clint Eastwood movies. I also really like the gunfighter p-51 mustang. I'll never run. I will always turn and gunfight you.  :joystick: peace.
Quote from: hitech on Yesterday at 11:15:04 AM              
         I am happy you are having fun. HiTech                                                  
                  In game name : GunFTR

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2013, 03:18:22 PM »
10thmd because I served in the 1-32inf battalion of the 10th Mountain Division "Climb to Glory"
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2013, 03:52:59 PM »
Hairy, live in a cave, and 7' 6" inches tall.

and not very creative.... :(

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2013, 04:59:17 PM »
Hairy, live in a cave, and 7' 6" inches tall.

and not very creative.... :(

:rofl

INK is easy....tatting for 25 years :aok

JETSOM my ingame nick now...when my brother starting flying we took the names FLOTSOM and JETSOM from the thrash metal band........ Flotsam and Jetsam :D

my very first name I chose back in tour 52 was "USURPER" fitting being a egotistical stunninghunk that I am, I take over everything and put those below me in fear.

the next name I took was MORTIS because I brought death to everyone.... and from a great book "on a pale horse"

I chose the name 1BADSHOT for a shade because I am the worst shot ingame :rofl :rofl :rofl

another nick I took for a shade was BUDO by this time I was flying smarter.....still very aggressive....it means the "Martial Arts way"

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2013, 05:39:58 PM »
"Fulcrum" because I like to fly the MIG-29 in this other combat flight sim that shall remain nameless.

I started as "Hoplite" and flew that for many years.  I've been an ancient military history buff since the 8th Grade.

I've also flown as "AKFulcrm" and "AKBandit" when I was with the Arabian Knights...the later was a inside squad joke as my squad forum avatar was a picture of Burt Reynolds in Smokey and the Bandit :D

Have I shaded...yep.  I always do so as "Gladius", again due to my interest in history.  I'm not really giving anything away here as I pretty much tell anyone who I am if they ask.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 05:41:59 PM by Fulcrum »
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2013, 05:50:08 PM »
i dont know why im named twinboom my memory escapes me
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2013, 05:51:36 PM »
Well, upon entering the game, I tried to think of a creative name so I came up with "ghost51."  "Ghost" because, well, ya know, I figured I'd kill the enemy so fast without them seeing me, and "51" came from the P-51 being my favorite plane at the time.  I joined a squad on my first day online and changed to Ghost208.  

After I left the 208th, I start running with what was known as a "rough crowd" in AH, and with a 15 year old mind, I tried to fit in and found myself facing several mutes, chat suspensions, and was generally disliked by most of the player base.  So, looking for a fresh start, I changed my name to Banshee7 (this all occurring within the first few months of joining AH).  "Banshee" comes from several different places:  1)  I wanted to stick with the ghost-like theme;  2)  I always wanted a Yamaha Banshee growing up, but I never got one;  3)  While doing some research on the P-51, I found a B model in a painting named the "Beantown Banshee."  The number 7 was kind of thrown in there for luck, and my CO at the time was Swoop777.  So, that's how Banshee7 came about.

In my most recent incarnation a year ago, I came back as "Twang."  And, if you've ever heard me on Vox, it's pretty easy how I came up with that.  But, two weeks ago I finally changed my name back to Banshee7.

#S#

Josh
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2013, 06:11:50 PM »
When I started playing I didn't want a "cool name" that meant Ace or Killer. You hear "Maverick" and think skilled pilot, or "DeadEye" and you think of a crack shot. I wanted to take a name that had absolutely no meaning at all and create a meaning for it by fighting everyone and getting good at dogfighting. Just like we all know the names of great Aces from WW2 I wanted to create a name that would (eventually  :D) be a name that people would remember as a great pilot in AH2. As I pondered what name I should take (I was never good at making up names) I noticed my dads beer on the table. He drank Rolling Rock at the time and I saw the word "Latrobe" on it. I figured that was good enough and took it. I have never once thought of changing it.  :D :cheers:

Since no one knows who they're fighting in this game until one of you is dead, recently I've taken to putting a bright yellow nosed skin on every single one of my aircrafts. Hopefully this way everyone knows exactly who that 109F4 is without even fighting it.  :devil
i loke dat beer :aok

I like a form of metal called black metal. they have odd names. one day i walked to my palsfor a cig looking like this and ever since 2009 iu called my self Zach3r0f and then Zacherof.before that i was skullrat becuase i like the band rat and i like to draw skulls :rock
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2013, 06:13:18 PM »
I switch names every few years, not to hide but I simply get bored with the name. Its funny as my name generally regards me as a "Butcher bird pilot" in fact the 190 series is one of the least flown aircraft that I fly. I do regard it as one of the top best 3 aircraft during ww2, but I simply don't find it interesting.
Anyhow back to the name - one night out at the local bar I run into someone from high school I haven't spoken to in years, he asked something along the line of  "wern't you the guy whose nickname is butcher or something?".... long story short I worked as a butcher in high school to make some extra cash for the weekends, however I had a customer irritate me to no end one day and I took out a hog and sliced and diced it in front of her. I ended up fired, but the name has been stuck with me ever since.

JG 52

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2013, 06:31:33 PM »
Picked my handle back in '97 when I tried AW online for the first time. IIRC it was "asw15b" at first - my then favorite sailplane to fly (been a glider-guider for years). Shortened it to asw and kept that handle ever since. Even though I was in the RCN and my job was anti-submarine warfare that isn't why I chose the handle.

Cheers,
asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2013, 06:36:10 PM »
First squad was Ghost, my initials are CDB.

Ratio is my username I use for console system because my Ratio of Kills to Death are usually high. Specially in FPS.
Top Gun