Author Topic: Your Handle's History  (Read 7777 times)

Offline B3YT

• Silver Member
Re: Your Handle's History
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2013, 06:10:11 PM »
B3YK was my grandfathers Hurricane MKII d while he served with 6 Squadron DAF in WWII the tail code was B YK and the first number of the serial number was 3.   
As the cleaners say :"once more unto the bleach"

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2013, 06:14:01 PM »
My initial attempts at getting the F4U-1D airborne in Warbirds are still with me.

augr
-augr-
-auger
AKauger (Arabian Knights member for 7 years)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2013, 06:19:13 PM »
I'm a huge C.C. DeVille fan.

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2013, 06:23:48 PM »
I originally wanted "ROCKS", but that was already taken all those years ago in Air Warrior...

I took "ROX" instead.  Been there since '94.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2013, 08:09:50 PM »
whoops
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2013, 08:41:20 PM »
I'm a huge C.C. DeVille fan.

That's the best guitarist you could come up with for that sarcasm?  Youre fired.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2013, 10:11:51 PM »
Like any good call sign, mine was given to me. I started AH II with some variation of firefighter paramedic. I joined the 4th FG Debden Boys squad with Knife and Magoo. I was 'obviously' a cheery person while getting killed often. I believe it was Knife that pronounced me as eeyore, and I changed my call sign the next day (originally for a laugh, but it stuck). I have been eeyore ever since. Oddly enough, not many people can pronounce the name, I hear multiple variations of eye-ore.  :airplane:
Thats easy. E+your or just E+or
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2013, 07:01:47 AM »
Mine is well, not very interesting I'm afraid.

Reaper, well, that's obvious.... as a new subscriber and not even a green n00b yet I picked a name I thought would be synonymous with killing..... how original!  :lol

90 has always been my number on my racecars, going back to time trials with the Corvette, and later SCCA and NASA with the Acura then the Honda.

If the BBS let you change your handle, I'd have changed both not long after starting to something with some historical significance. But I didn't like the idea of one name here, a different name in-game.
Your story sounds similar to mine. 

You come into the game blind, and with little documentation (and that's hard to find), I simply picked something that I was really involved with racing.  After playing for a short time, I realized that SCCA was difficult to say on range.  My first squad decided to call me "Skah" which seemed to work for them, but still people butchered it in the MA.  When I joined the AK's I had to change my name anyway, so I picked something that was simpler to say, as well as being, well, fitting...  Meathd seemed to work....
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2013, 08:30:27 AM »
AW4W CompuServe September 1996.

AW4W had an ingame CPID and a briefing room/OC name.

I took Lousey as the briefing room name and when suddenly faced with the need to give a 4 letter CPID gave Tilt ( vis pin ball error).

After a few weeks in game I had reached some level of infamy by a friendly kill on  SM (Snowman) when he was on a very high kill streak.

He was obviously pissed about it but took it in good stead. Some time there after I was diving into a furball and SM txt'ed "here he comes again FullTilt".

I adopted FullTilt as my briefing room/OC  name using Tilt (I liked its jousting connotations) in game and on the CompuServe forum boards.

From there Tilt has become my  ID across many media forms
Ludere Vincere

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2013, 09:15:45 AM »

Many people think it's a reference to Bill Murray's character from Ghost busters. But it's not. His name was Peter Venkman.

21 years ago I came out to the Midwest to make cars at one of the big three automakers. Like all giant company's the first thing you get when you arrive is a badge ID, which is has your picture and name on it, a name plaque for your desk, and a box of business cards. The secretary who ordered those made a typo error, so my ID badge, business cards, and name plate for my desk all said "Vinc"

People were confused, of course, and started pronouncing it "vink".  We laughed and made jokes because, well it sounds silly and stupid. Eventually I got a correct ID, but the nickname stuck. "Vink" has been my nickname since.  Vinkman was just a cheesy way of making it sound like a call sign.  :aok
Who is John Galt?

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2013, 11:27:52 AM »
I am arriving late to this thread.

My handle history is a sad history.  :frown:

Oakland Raiders had not a winning season in 10 years since I joined.  They probably wont either after this year as well.  :cry

That's it! That's the history of my handle!  :furious
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2013, 01:46:02 PM »
Sadly, my own handle is not as cool as it could have been. Many of my fellow pilots think it's from the arrow manufacturer. Although I've practiced with bows I've never actually shot one of those. The truth was I was trying hard to come up with a good call sign when I first signed on, but most of them were taken. My wife had left a House Mouse stamp in the office with a character named Muzzy on it, so I typed that into AH and it kind of stuck.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline HellsAce

• Zinc Member
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2013, 02:29:29 PM »
I joined Fighter Ace in 1999, I was Horses_Ace, I then joined the Hells Angels Squadron (of Fighter Ace) and became Hells_Horses_Ace. When FA ended in 2010 I came to AH and there wasn't enough room for my name so I dropped Horses. Our Squad had to drop Angels because the AH already had a Squad named the Hells Angels and they were complaining, so we changed our name to Hells Squadron...

=S= Ace

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2013, 02:42:26 PM »
Bruv was my school nickname.   Opted this in FA 2.0 year 2000,
Joined The Empire Aces as TEA_BRUV,   my FPH at the time was a certain TEA_HAMMOND who now flies in AH under a name I will respect to keep private.   He was always #1.  
When FA went to 3.0 in 2002 the graphics were re-done and lost lots of players.  TEA didn't really make it and nearly died out.  I did actually try AH1 at this point for about a week,  didn't have a clue what was going in here except flying a niki about and hoing the crap out of loads of people,  thought sod this, this game sucks and got a new PC. 
Joined The Damned and flew the dreaded underscores  
_Bruv_  for 3 years until I started my own squad The Few in 2005.  
We were a mish mash group of other squadrons that fought the Japanese Horde during my time zone.  A group collaborative protecting the Queen's assets.  
Came to AH in May 2005 after the drop in numbers got too much for me to deal with been here since.    ;)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:46:01 PM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2013, 03:19:14 PM »
Bruv was my school nickname.   Opted this in FA 2.0 year 2000,
Joined The Empire Aces as TEA_BRUV,   my FPH at the time was a certain TEA_HAMMOND who now flies in AH under a name I will respect to keep private.   He was always #1.  
When FA went to 3.0 in 2002 the graphics were re-done and lost lots of players.  TEA didn't really make it and nearly died out.  I did actually try AH1 at this point for about a week,  didn't have a clue what was going in here except flying a niki about and hoing the crap out of loads of people,  thought sod this, this game sucks and got a new PC. 
Joined The Damned and flew the dreaded underscores  
_Bruv_  for 3 years until I started my own squad The Few in 2005.  
We were a mish mash group of other squadrons that fought the Japanese Horde during my time zone.  A group collaborative protecting the Queen's assets.  
Came to AH in May 2005 after the drop in numbers got too much for me to deal with been here since.    ;)

I am more interested on how you got the handle Midway's FPH.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.