Author Topic: Preview Films  (Read 4555 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Preview Films
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 11:10:20 AM »
I'm guessing he means the P-51 at 1:16. Move the camera back then zoom in to fix it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:19:19 AM by FLS »

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 11:11:49 AM »
Explain?  What is "fish effect".  These films are not the final resolution and all have been sampled down just for the preview.

The fisheye effect that makes the planes look funny due to the way the external view is set up. Almost all videos I see have it, and I think it's because one simply chooses "external view", instead of starting in "default view" in the cockpit and just moving your camera out from there to get to the external view you want. (or vice-versa)
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 11:14:35 AM »
Yes im happy being the target  :D

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2013, 11:16:20 AM »
tried all 3 links and all my computer does is get caught in some endless "loading loop.
Is there any place else to go to to see them?

LtngRydr
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2013, 11:17:34 AM »
The fisheye effect that makes the planes look funny due to the way the external view is set up. Almost all videos I see have it, and I think it's because one simply chooses "external view", instead of starting in "default view" in the cockpit and just moving your camera out from there to get to the external view you want. (or vice-versa)

I see what you are saying.  I wish I could change the FOV, without creating a lot of blurring.  That would solve the problem.  In lieu of that, I'll see about moving the camera to another position.  No, you cannot have the film viewer save any of the radio button view options.  I set the camera up there for all these shots.  If the FOV was between 75 and 90 degrees, this would not be an issue.

The problem with the cockpit view is the loss of the bogey in the film when the P51 goes into a lead pursuit.

It is tricky to show the relationship, of the two planes, without having them both in view.  I'll figure out a different way to shoot these to alleviate the distortion, if I can.

Again, these are roughs, so beat them up.  It all helps in the end.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:19:17 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2013, 11:20:26 AM »
tried all 3 links and all my computer does is get caught in some endless "loading loop.
Is there any place else to go to to see them?

LtngRydr

Try downloading them to your computer, then play them.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 11:21:00 AM »
I really would like to keep this thread about the content of the videos.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.  Thank you.

I understand that the narration is only a placeholder for now, but...

Splash screen is nice, but it sounds like an airplane is going away from the listener, while the logo comes towards the listener.  Kinda weird, perhaps it is just me.

Narrator voice is slightly "hot" and the sibilant sounds are a bit prominent.  A little bit of compression and judicious use of a parametric EQ will go a long way.

Content is great.  Wish these videos were available when I started playing.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 11:21:51 AM »
I see what you are saying.  I wish I could change the FOV, without creating a lot of blurring.  That would solve the problem.  In lieu of that, I'll see about moving the camera to another position.  No, you cannot have the film viewer save any of the radio button view options.  I set the camera up there for all these shots.  If the FOV was between 75 and 90 degrees, this would not be an issue.

The problem with the cockpit view is the loss of the bogey in the film when the P51 goes into a lead pursuit.

It is tricky to show the relationship, of the two planes, without having them both in view.  I'll figure out a different way to shoot these to alleviate the distortion, if I can.

Again, these are roughs, so beat them up.  It all helps in the end.

Move the camera back then zoom in to fix the P-51 at 1:16. You can track the bogie from the cockpit view using padlock.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2013, 11:29:23 AM »
Move the camera back then zoom in to fix the P-51 at 1:16. You can track the bogie from the cockpit view using padlock.

These video clips are being generated from the film viewer itself.  There is no 'zoom' available nor padlock.

I understand that the narration is only a placeholder for now, but...

Splash screen is nice, but it sounds like an airplane is going away from the listener, while the logo comes towards the listener.  Kinda weird, perhaps it is just me.

Narrator voice is slightly "hot" and the sibilant sounds are a bit prominent.  A little bit of compression and judicious use of a parametric EQ will go a long way.

Content is great.  Wish these videos were available when I started playing.

I thought I fixed the logo/sound issue.  It was reversed at one time.  May not have made this pass.  It is corrected though.  The logo comes to you and the sounds gets louder as well.

I ran the vocals through a compressor.  I was not working in the best audio environment for getting the background sounds adjusted.  Ambient noise levels are simply too high to get a quality sound setting done.  The reverb is also overdone.  All these things will be corrected when the final passes are done.

Until I got into the office, this morning, I had no idea what they really sounded like.  I was editing it all from the spectral/frequency displays.

Excellent comments.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:31:09 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2013, 11:31:41 AM »
I see what you are saying.  I wish I could change the FOV, without creating a lot of blurring.  That would solve the problem.  In lieu of that, I'll see about moving the camera to another position.  No, you cannot have the film viewer save any of the radio button view options.  I set the camera up there for all these shots.  If the FOV was between 75 and 90 degrees, this would not be an issue.

It is tricky to show the relationship, of the two planes, without having them both in view.  I'll figure out a different way to shoot these to alleviate the distortion, if I can.

Again, these are roughs, so beat them up.  It all helps in the end.

Don't increase the FOV. Just use zoom - that takes care of the 'fish-eye effect' for me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 11:33:02 AM »
These video clips are being generated from the film viewer itself.  There is no 'zoom' available nor padlock.

The Z key zooms for me in film viewer.  :headscratch:

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 11:35:27 AM »
all I can do is copy the shortcut to my desktop and that gives me the same endless"loading" loop.

LtngRydr
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2013, 11:42:13 AM »
Arlo, The 'zoom' in the film viewer does not record that to the AVI.  It is strictly a 'view' option, not a 'record' option.

What 'shortcut' Lab Rat?  Click on the URL we provided in the post.  When the dialog panel opens up, save the file to whereever you want.  Close your browser, then double click on the file and Windows should open up the Windows Media Player (assuming that is the default for 'mp4' files).
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2013, 11:48:04 AM »
All three are good. The texture one helped me a bit and I've been on this for three years now.

As for 'wetting the appetite' could I suggest doing one or two on Boom and Zoom or stall fighting with torque roll and dropping flaps? I know when I chat with a newer player and I've just smoked them, they are frustrated until I tell them some of these, more advanced, techniques.

I like where you are taking this!

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2013, 11:52:22 AM »
by shortcuts, I was referring to lines 5,6, & 7 of your original post.
I also tried copying the address that appeared in explorer, closing my browser, reopening and pasting first in google and the in the explorer and I still get the same results with both tries.  :headscratch:

LtngRydr

LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"