Author Topic: Was going to add this to my whine topic but just <S>  (Read 3154 times)

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
Re: Was going to add this to my whine topic but just <S>
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2013, 06:19:49 PM »
If you aren't sending a vicious PM to someone who purposely rams you or repeatedly HOs you, noob or not(cuz they did it three times running when you got on their squaddies 6) or churning the ego butter, you just aren't doing it right.  It is the art of competition boys...if you can't handle it, play multiplayer pac man.  It's all about the psychology of competition.  

Baseball:  pitcher throws inside to Big Papi, BP yells something about the pitchers mother's sexual orientation...

Football:  do you really need a description of what Ray Lewis used to say while standing over someone he just decapitated? Soccer? Rugby?

Here's the deal:  no one is serious!  It's as much a part of the game as convergence settings!  Get-the-hell over it and smile because if I send you a rotten apple on 200 or PM, it means 1 of 2 things....I'm trying to get in your head, or you've already gotten in mine.  Smile about it....it means it's working and I smile A LOT

Geezus....get in the game.

A bit verbose, but basically true.
Not everyone gets a ribbon. If you can't think quickly or sarcastically, don't reply. If you can, flame back until they regret their choice of 200 rant or PM.
"Why don't you fly something harder Spitdweeb?"
Give me your credit card numbers and I'll fly anything you want me to.
"You HOed me"
Glad you noticed, at least you learnt something.

Oh, and it's not a reflection of life, it is a temporary release from life. Hence the word Game.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2013, 08:39:50 PM »
That's already been addressed.  If someone allows a player to get in their head via 200, something else is very, very wrong and this is why:

*******THIS IS A GAME.  IT IS NOT REAL.  THIS IS A GAME.  IT IS NOT REAL.  THIS IS A GAME.  IT IS NOT REAL********

And yet, you believe that it's vital to "get into someone's head" so you can win a fight in a computer game.  Who's being childish?

I've seen the "head games" business ruin a very nice arena here in AH.  The people who played those games felt the same as you, based upon what you've written here - exactly the same, in fact.  So they won their fights, and people stopped coming in to fight them.  Big victory that was.

Playing in an arena where people engage in this behavior is like watching your favorite movie in a theater that smells of pee.  It's still a great movie, but the experience is tarnished.  Hope it's worth it to you.

- oldman

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2013, 08:51:21 PM »

And yet, you believe that it's vital to "get into someone's head" so you can win a fight in a computer game.  Who's being childish?

I've seen the "head games" business ruin a very nice arena here in AH.  The people who played those games felt the same as you, based upon what you've written here - exactly the same, in fact.  So they won their fights, and people stopped coming in to fight them.  Big victory that was.

Playing in an arena where people engage in this behavior is like watching your favorite movie in a theater that smells of pee.  It's still a great movie, but the experience is tarnished.  Hope it's worth it to you.

- oldman

Easy now. We are not talking about trash talking. We are talking about crossing way beyond the lines.  Trash talk is not what stoped me from going in the AvA. It was everything else  :old:

if I remember correctly the people you are talking about were protected in that arena. If I remember correctly I was threatened with ejection or a mute by someone for responding to storch. You know who that guy was? ;)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2013, 09:57:31 PM »
if I remember correctly the people you are talking about were protected in that arena. If I remember correctly I was threatened with ejection or a mute by someone for responding to storch. You know who that guy was?

Yes, he was a person placed in the AvA to torment me.  He was actually ejected, not just threatened, so man up!

You try moderating an arena sometime, when you have a quantity of players moaning and complaining about insulting abusive behavior, with another quantity wrapping themselves in flags and claiming the same thing as we're seeing here, the "hey, if they can't take it they're being too serious," and all the while the numbers are dropping. 

Insults drive people away.  Those who leave may be wise or foolish, but the bottom line is that they leave.

- oldman

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2013, 10:51:10 PM »
You're all sissies. Toughen up Nancy boys!  

Some of these comments are typical of computer geeks wanting to play war. This ain't the Chess club you sorry spineless whimps. Grow a pair and lets me see your war face!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 10:57:17 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2013, 11:05:10 PM »

Yes, he was a person placed in the AvA to torment me.  He was actually ejected, not just threatened, so man up!

You try moderating an arena sometime, when you have a quantity of players moaning and complaining about insulting abusive behavior, with another quantity wrapping themselves in flags and claiming the same thing as we're seeing here, the "hey, if they can't take it they're being too serious," and all the while the numbers are dropping. 

Insults drive people away.  Those who leave may be wise or foolish, but the bottom line is that they leave.

- oldman
Stale gameplay, outdated graphics and the same ole routine is what drives players away.  If insults drove players away as you suggest Xbox would go broke within the hour.
Lighten up Francis

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2013, 11:17:12 PM »

- oldman

I m not sure I understand your post. It was you threatening me for talking back to Storch.  Man up to what?  Trash talking is fine. It is part of any game internet or basketball court. No one leaves because of that. Crossing the lines is a different thing. For example, if anyone gets mad because someone said nice HO they have a problem. Talking about my mother is crossing the lines. So what are we talking about about here? 
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2013, 11:37:50 PM »

- oldman

That's because you take the game too seriously.  If you read 200 as more than competitive BS, you are on the wrong train bud.  This isn't a movie theater and if you didn't have some competitiveness in you, you wouldn't even have posted.  You NEEDED to get involved because you thought you could make your point more effectively than I make mine...with a bit of insult thrown in.  So, thanks for peeing in the other theater (BBS).  Essentially it boils down to style.  You call it pee, I call it stereo.  Without it, its like playing in mono. 

I doubt you want to get into an argument about style...because no one can argue how someone else feels about their game style.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2013, 11:39:00 PM »

- oldman

And then come back on a two week trial under a shady shade.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2013, 06:47:34 AM »
beefie,
Look at it this way. If you've upset someone in such a manner
that they PM you, it's hilarious :rofl
Laugh at their childish rants. If you take time to read, I'm sure you'll
see that the PM is probably ridiculous anyway.
Laugh at their lame attempt to "get back at you".
Not gonna say name, but there's one guy (Name is major city in Texas)
who PM's after every fight. :rofl
Field ack killed him, yet I was blamed and hit with a tirade :rofl :rofl :rofl
I thought it was hilarious.
Don't let them get to you, that's the whole point.

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2013, 09:39:30 AM »
Channel 200 .... not mandatory. PMs ...... squelchable. Rant/whine-typing is all about attention. Let the 200 theater stay the daisy-chain club it was always meant to be.  ;)

Rationalizing one's own hissy-need (of this nature) on the AHII forum is kinda like trying to explain to the community that road-rage makes you a better driver and that you're smiling while you're screaming. Yeah. That's it. :lol

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2013, 10:54:46 AM »
If you read 200 as more than competitive BS, you are on the wrong train bud. 

I'm sorry, I missed that rule somewhere?  I thought 200 generally enabled players to talk to each other cross-country.  I should have kept notes because my sense is that the vast majority of 200 talk is friendly and pleasant.  Hey, who knew it was supposed to be competitive BS?

- oldman

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2013, 11:16:19 AM »

I'm sorry, I missed that rule somewhere?  I thought 200 generally enabled players to talk to each other cross-country.  I should have kept notes because my sense is that the vast majority of 200 talk is friendly and pleasant.  Hey, who knew it was supposed to be competitive BS?

- oldman

Then I must have missed the AH class session where Dale retracted his statement about intentionally getting under people's skin on 200 being part of the game.  I suggest you give him a call and get straightened out on the matter.   Where in the rules does it say 200 can't be utilized for both?  Hey, who knew we needed to group hug to keep you happy? 

I have your Christmas presents all boxed up.  Birkenstocks, granola and a copy of Dr Spok.  Hope you like it.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2013, 12:08:44 PM »
I just wanna know why it Arlo 6 pages to post a picture.    :headscratch:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2013, 12:11:31 PM »
I just wanna know why it Arlo 6 pages to post a picture.    :headscratch:

The same reason it took you 6 pages to hump my ankle, I guess.  :D

:aok

(I may not be the only pic poster .... but I am the best.)