Author Topic: solution for hordeing  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
Re: solution for hordeing
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2013, 09:59:47 PM »
The only viable solution for stopping hordes is peer pressure and people being convinced hordes are not needed to achieve their aims. Any game restrictions will take the game further down the road to destruction than has already been done, at least the ones I have heard being proposed now and in the past.

I like squads being able to fly together and fly what they want provided it doesn't offset balance of power. The larger squads should be courteous enough to limit their large operations to be considerate of their fellow fliers. If they won't, then some measure should be taken to address them by their peers in all countries. If a large portion of the playing base want, they can make the abusive individuals actions less fun for them and perhaps make some of them look at what they are really doing to the game. Rolling maps might be fun for them, but perhaps some just do not know how to do anything else and are afraid to ask because of the prima donna airs some affect.

Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 10:05:00 PM »
Why wasn't it that way years ago, when it was far easier to vulch (less ack, no wirbels)?  :angel:

Who says it wasn't?

I believe that it has always been bad for new player retention.  Who knows how big the playerbase could have been?

Don't make the mistake of assuming that a larger population before means that players weren't leaving the game back then due to bad mechanics.  It's just more important now than it ever has been.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 09:55:49 PM »
Just going to re-post what I said in the logistical support thread:

Currently there is no difference between small, medium and large fields in terms of fielding aircraft and vehicles. The only difference with respect to field size is the difficulty in disabling a particular asset. I propose limiting the number of plane and vehicle types to be in flight at any given time depending on field size. (E.G. The limiting number of fighter aircraft could be 10, 20, and 30 for small, medium, and large fields, respectively). If a fighter hanger(s) is destroyed, then the limiting number is reduced proportionately. Limiting numbers can fluctuate with player distribution and ENY, increasing for countries with low numbers and decreasing for countries with high numbers. Could potentially even be a strat factory that effects the limiting number as well,.

Harder to horde, but harder to defend as well. Double edged sword. I for one don't have a problem with large missions as long as they accomplish an objective such as capturing a base. Just creating a fighter cap and vulching anybody stupid enough to lift off of a capped field just to  get a kill with minimal effort is beyond me. To each his own, plenty of diversity in this game to keep me coming back.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2013, 01:47:09 AM »
bentnail...complaining about hordes...... :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

holyhell that is funny right there. :aok
Before you stir the pot, might want to talk to some of your squad about gang hording first. The AoM now isn't the one from a year ago....3-4-5 vs me. Last month they also spent most of the time on rooks, which was funny coming from a squad who "generally flies on the low numbered side"

Shots Fired.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 02:27:45 AM »
I wasn't talking about "the pigs" just bentnail...it was quite funny reading him complain about ganging :rofl........I think every time I have killed him he always has friends with him......but now that you mention it...the pigs have always been a ganging squad..I mean cmon now...how many "wings" you guys have?   

but I will stop here out of respect for a few of your members who have shown me in the past that the squad does not dictate the individual..... :salute

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 03:14:18 AM »
We have a few wings :aok But trust me we chase after red guys with like or more numbers then us when we do up in mass.....like I said though AoM been doing some questionable things as of late too.

A little bantor always leads to fun fights

:salute
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2013, 06:07:10 AM »
Once you have 2-3 firends thinking the same way as you do, the first thing youre praying for is the biggest arse bish horde ever headed towards your country  :aok

The AoM now isn't the one from a year ago....3-4-5 vs me.
Once you see me ganging one in 3-4-5 vs 1, interrupting a fair 1v1 fight, joining a 2v1 as a 3rd, BnZing a simmilar aircraft in 1v1, etc., you can immediately...
1: call me a hypocrite and i wont defend myself
2: demand my squad to kick me out (i will leave anyway), if those gangers are from my own squad.
This is why i have choosed my squadron, i havent seen this from them.
AoM
City of ice

Offline 9thAFE

• Copper Member
      • 8th AAF Squadron Website
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2013, 06:30:49 AM »
Then perhaps have this setup for those sides who have higher numbers?

I could see this as another optional effect like the ENY now but maybe more sensitive to any difference in numbers. Only concern would be whether or not it would really have that much of an effect on hording anyway.
8thBuff (CO)  8th AAF  "The Mighty 8th"  Squadron

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2013, 09:23:49 AM »
Once you have 2-3 firends thinking the same way as you do, the first thing youre praying for is the biggest arse bish horde ever headed towards your country  :aok
Once you see me ganging one in 3-4-5 vs 1, interrupting a fair 1v1 fight, joining a 2v1 as a 3rd, BnZing a simmilar aircraft in 1v1, etc., you can immediately...
1: call me a hypocrite and i wont defend myself
2: demand my squad to kick me out (i will leave anyway), if those gangers are from my own squad.
This is why i have choosed my squadron, i havent seen this from them.
Never saw you do it....even before you were in AoM.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2013, 09:52:23 AM »
We have a few wings :aok But trust me we chase after red guys with like or more numbers then us when we do up in mass.....like I said though AoM been doing some questionable things as of late too.

A little bantor always leads to fun fights

:salute

You're not very good at this are you?
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2013, 09:59:19 AM »
Could care less about hordes.  My guess HTC could care less also = a bunch of subscribers having fun.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2013, 10:44:23 AM »
You're not very good at this are you?

ahh I like Junky so I stepped out of convo.....

I am gonna try to avoid getting angry....its not easy for me....but I didn't click "post" on the 1000 word response I had to him.....so I am getting better  :banana:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2013, 10:48:11 AM »
The only viable solution for stopping hordes is peer pressure ....

Ah, the 'behavior police' answer! (Not working since 1999.)  ;)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2013, 12:39:53 PM »

Ah, the 'behavior police' answer! (Not working since 1999.)  ;)

Zip it hippie.   :furious
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2013, 12:40:59 PM »
Zip it hippie.   :furious

Case in point^  :lol