Author Topic: Just have to say  (Read 4716 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Just have to say
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2013, 05:13:54 PM »
excuse me but if I get a message after going to tower that says so and so has collided what exactly does that tell me? Especially after so and so flies away apparently undamaged?

'apparently' is a key word ;)

If you only read "Lusche has collided with you" it means there was a collision on my side only, and only I took damage from it. But occasionally that damage can be non catastrophic and hard for you to spot especially if you are sent to tower (which happpened in this case because you were shot).
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2013, 05:14:54 PM »
This is a actual online collision, from the P-47 pilot's point of view. It's the very moment of collision, the 51 never get's closer than this (from the P-47 pilot's view):

(Image removed from quote.)
(See the white collision message: "Lusche (P-51 pilot) has collided with you")

If you were the P-47 pilot, would demand that your plane takes collision damage from this?

Is this screenie from the 47's film?

Doh I should read the post properly
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 05:17:13 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2013, 05:16:14 PM »
I am one of those players who is constantly killed by collisions.

We all get constantly killed by collisions, it's the nature of the beast that one rarely survies one. There is no one "winning".

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2013, 05:17:33 PM »
Is this screenie from the 47's film?

Yes. And this is the one from the Pony pilots film:

Same moment as in the Jug pilot's picture.

The P-51 got an oil leak from it, the P-47 was (of course) undamaged, as there was no collision on his front end.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2013, 05:18:14 PM »
Don't go nose to nose looking for a HO shot and suddenly the number of collisions you are involved in is greatly reduced.  At least that has been my experience.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2013, 05:21:14 PM »
Don't go nose to nose looking for a HO shot and suddenly the number of collisions you are involved in is greatly reduced.  At least that has been my experience.

stop making so much damn sense  :O

it goes over the heads of 99% of the people anyways. :rofl

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2013, 05:23:03 PM »
We all get constantly killed by collisions, it's the nature of the beast that one rarely survies one. There is no one "winning".

ok....
player collides with me from behind
get message that I have collided with player
I am killed, or plane is unable to fly on (killed)
I am towered or bail immediately and go to tower
while in tower get message that player has collided with me
player flies away
?????

Now if both players were killed I wouldn't have much to complain about, it's the other player flying away that annoys me. And it happens all the time to me.

Snailman it's not your fault that my computer goes spaz when you fly near me. You're in Europe. When that happens I get fair warning and avoid you like the plague.  :neener:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 05:28:09 PM by Drane »
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2013, 05:23:23 PM »
     I don't understand why someone would come in here to obviously fish for flames, then claim he
"probably" won't be around to reply.  Amazingly enough, they always seem to come back.   :lol

Does the wonk-wonk not count if everyone can't read about it?
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2013, 05:31:44 PM »
Now Snailman it's not your fault that my computer goes spaz when you fly near me. You're in Europe. When that happens I get fair warning and avoid you like the plague.  :neener:

Never had a problem with Lusches Ping, and I am in Australia. I don't even remember seeing him warp once. :headscratch:

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2013, 05:32:24 PM »
Well first off...collisions are what they are...frustrating and sometimes hard to swallow...especially when you are the front plane and have no control of the plane behind...but still get a you have collided and they fly off unharmed.....They are what they are and I have a that was bollocks moment/man that was not a fair call moment when I come out better. from time to time.. but ultimately understand.
that said.....the film viewer is wrong.... the distance shows 0 which to me indicates between 100 and 0 sure...but to take it from thew film viewers perception can only be a guide...many know the clicks and ticks of the film viewer... the distance though...that should be a telling factor which is quite possibly overlooked because the picture shows a better outcome when it suits the moment
Perhaps it could be in the distance parameters that a small issue can arise when factoring internet connections meet... could having smaller increments when you get within the D600 mark help...

To be fair it doesn't happen all that much ..to me that is...and I get really close to people very often when fighting

it would be interesting to see a picture from two players of a jeep and tank from when the jeep could do the unmentioned..... this too would be a 0 in distance....would it show this sort of distance also

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 05:38:08 PM by SPKmes »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2013, 05:35:20 PM »
ok....
player collides with me from behind
get message that I have collided with player
I am killed, or plane is unable to fly on (killed)
I am towered or bail immediately and go to tower
while in tower get message that player has collided with me
player flies away
?????

Now if both players were killed I wouldn't have much to complain about, it's the other player flying away that annoys me. And it happens all the time to me.

Snailman it's not your fault that my computer goes spaz when you fly near me. You're in Europe. When that happens I get fair warning and avoid you like the plague.  :neener:

You may have read about collisions but you don't understand them. Every player that collides gets damage. What likely confuses you is thinking that the player you collided with also collided with you. That may or may not have happened but you can't see it on your PC. All you can see is one or both of the two possible collision messages.

Lag works both ways, no one has an advantage or disadvantage.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 05:39:36 PM by FLS »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2013, 05:37:25 PM »
that said.....the film viewer is wrong.... the distance shows 0 which to me indicates between 100 and 0 sure...but to take it from thew film viewers perception can only be a guide...many know the clicks and ticks of the film viewer... the distance though...that should be a telling factor which is quite possibly overlooked because the picture shows the better picture when it suits the moment

I have a hard time understanding what you are trying to say.  :headscratch:

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2013, 05:39:27 PM »

same...I have to keep editing....my mind runs faster than my fingers...and the two of them get all confused hahaahahaha

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2013, 05:42:22 PM »
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2013, 05:44:12 PM »

He's saying he doesn't understand the AH collision solution.  ;)