Author Topic: ENY  (Read 3375 times)

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
ENY
« on: January 01, 2014, 02:26:13 AM »
Who hear thinks ENY should be controlled by numbers in flight not numbers connected?

All too often for all sides there will be 50 connected but one chess piece may only have 10 in flight where the other two chess pieces have 40 in flight.

Thoughts?

Apologies if this subject has been covered before, I am sure it most likely has.

NG

:salute
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: ENY
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 03:27:14 AM »
IMO, ENY should be dictated by your total number relative to that of the country with the lowest numbers.

If you have 40 more players total, then congrats, you'll be flying P-40's and 110C 's until some people change sides  or those who refuse to fly anything but their pony or fly for another country log off.

No more having your cookie and eating it too.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 04:42:41 AM »
ENY? Watch how fast I don't care.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 05:02:25 AM »
 :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 09:12:06 AM »
Top Gun

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 10:04:44 AM »
The problem with basing it on numbers in flight is that it potentially leads to big missions having access to lower ENY aircraft than their side's numbers in flight should allow.

B: 160 total, 110 in flight
K: 100 total, 90 in flight
R: 130 total, 115 in flight

Then one second later a 45 player Bishop P-51 mission launches and:

B: 160 total, 155 in flight
K: 100 total, 90 in flight
R: 130 total, 115 in flight

Now no other Bishop can launch a P-51D, but those 45 guys all got P-51Ds to go after the Knights.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 12:44:23 PM »
IMO, ENY should be dictated by your total number relative to that of the country with the lowest numbers.

that's how it is.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 12:59:47 PM »

Heh.

- oldman

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 01:58:17 PM »

:rofl
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 02:02:59 PM »
Can't have it that way.

Base takers will gather in the tower to lop side the numbers which would normally force higher ENY, but because of your system allow low ENY;
 All burst out of the hanger at the same time in low ENY aircraft.  Not only in high numbers but in better rated aircraft.

But mind you with the lax ENY system we have along side the 12 hours rule... barely makes any difference to how it is now... *shrugs*
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 02:45:29 PM »
ENY means nothing.

Just because a banana can't take up his "precious" La7, P51D, Spit16, or other such easy mode plane does not mean the sun won't rise tomorrow morning.  There are a host of other planes that offer the same results with 90% of the ability yet take a wee bit more patience to fly (La5, F6F, Spit IX).

I actually think ENY should kick in quicker and the scale should be more dynamic.  On the same token I say lower the side switch time to 2 or 3 hours so "We the players" can self regulate the balance.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 05:39:09 PM »
I guess to be more specific, I live in Australia so end up online in your am hours when I am lucky if there are 50 players total.  Whats common practice is to have a fair number of those players connected but AFK.  One guy I know of in my old squad was connected for nearly 3 months but was never there.  Another player last weekend was on our vox channel for 3 days AFK.

If these numbers mount for any side it can easily push a 23 ENY when numbers are so low at that time of the night.

Maybe the answer is if a player is not active for more than an hour they get disconnected.

<S>
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 07:06:06 PM »
I guess to be more specific, I live in Australia so end up online in your am hours when I am lucky if there are 50 players total.  Whats common practice is to have a fair number of those players connected but AFK.  One guy I know of in my old squad was connected for nearly 3 months but was never there.  Another player last weekend was on our vox channel for 3 days AFK.

If these numbers mount for any side it can easily push a 23 ENY when numbers are so low at that time of the night.

Maybe the answer is if a player is not active for more than an hour they get disconnected.

<S>

All of your suggestions so far have been asked repeatedly. But the minority keep showing themselves and saying "nay" so it doesn't happen.
Although.. HTC makes the final decision and still hasn't done so, perhaps it would be beneficial to mention why they haven't changed anything (looks at HTC).  :angel:
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 07:09:19 PM »
I am a little confused as to why there's a mechanic to encourage side switching, ENY, and then one that strongly discourages it, a 12 hour country lock.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2014, 07:12:48 PM »
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.