Author Topic: ME-262  (Read 1363 times)

Offline jeffdn

• Nickel Member
Re: ME-262
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2014, 01:32:11 PM »
10. DO NOT go near ships, strats, or HQs. The puffy ack has screwed over many 262 pilots. Also, if you go near the strats or HQ, you likely will see 163s. There's no escaping a 163 unless you run them out of fuel. They are vastly superior to the 262 in every way except for flight time.
That's actually not quite true. The 262 compresses at about 625, the 163 at about 550. That's plenty of leeway to escape.

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2014, 02:13:25 PM »
Firstly I would like to thank all of you. Great help for me and some great information. I would like you all to know that I flew my first flight in a 262 in the wee hours of the morning. I did see combat, kept it nice and fast and watched dive speed. Sadly I scored no kills, after a near accident with a diving pony and I noped the heck out of there, and landed safely at a friendly base.  :salute Again, one big thanks to all who helped.

:cheers:
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2014, 02:41:28 PM »
You did much better than I did my first time.  Well done.

Tell me how ya felt when you flew it please.  Not how the plane felt, how you felt.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2014, 03:04:39 PM »
Sadly I scored no kills, after a near accident with a diving pony and I noped the heck out of there, and landed safely at a friendly base. 

That sounds about like my first MA 262 sortie.  I blasted around, tried a few runs on people and avoided a few hoes, didn't hit a single thing with my entire clip, and RTBed far from action.  The only difference is it took me about 5 minutes to land and taxi back to the concrete because I overshot by almost a half mile. :D

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2014, 03:07:05 PM »
You did much better than I did my first time.  Well done.

Tell me how ya felt when you flew it please.  Not how the plane felt, how you felt.
Well, as soon the gear had gone up I put in my head that there was no turning back. The points would be lost if I wasn't careful. All the hard work. I took it nice and easy and let the bird do what she wanted to do. As soon as I had enough speed I leveled off and turned nose onto my target. I was a little low, maybe less than 2000 feet. I put it into autoclimb and flew to target. Was at 15-17k the whole time I was over target, and just flew sideways, right wind towards the ground, and watched what was below me. You may commonly find me doing this in my 109F, observing the battle and watching teammates. The teammate in the most trouble is the one I rush to, to help him out.

I just sat up there until a pony who was maybe 3k below me, and then he climbed to my height and wanted to claim a kill. I didn't let him. I went fast on him, nearly 400, lobbing cannon rounds everywhere around him but saw no hits. I came back onto him half a minute later from his 5 o clock, and nearly collided, and also sprayed cannon rounds everywhere, but no hits. At that point I realized I had gotten careless and looked at my fuel gauge and E6B. I din't have enough fuel to full throttle to the base I took off from.

At this point I felt so screwed and so dumb that I wanted to bang a clock on my head. But, I saw there was nearby base I could creep to, and land at. I began the flight home with enough fuel to make it. The pony tried to follow me but he ate dust. Or contrails, considering we are in the air. I flew home, and got REALLL nervous during landing. 3 times I came this close to face planting my perks. I kept my cool, killed my engines early, glided in flaps out, and was able to put her down.

It was a great flight even though it was the riskiest thing I've done in AH. I know for sure I'll do it again. Overall, it was a thrill.  :rock

:salute  :cheers: , Whiskey2
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 03:10:55 PM by XxDaSTaRxx »
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Pannono

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2014, 03:11:51 PM »
That's actually not quite true. The 262 compresses at about 625, the 163 at about 550. That's plenty of leeway to escape.
True, but assuming you don't auger and the 163 is able to follow and has enough fuel left, it likely will still catch you after you pull out of the dive.

It was a great flight even though it was the riskiest thing I've done in AH. I know for sure I'll do it again. Overall, it was a thrill.  :rock
I'm glad you had fun Whiskey! Flying a 262 is very risky, especially for those of us who don't rack up the fighter perks in large amounts (myself included), but that's part of why it's special!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 03:15:10 PM by Pannono »
Pannono
Proud Member of Pigs On The Wing
8 Player H2H: 2006-07
MA Tours: 87, 97-113, 143-144, 160-Present
FSO: JG54

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2014, 04:17:24 PM »
WTG whiskey....you'll be flying it wide-open soon enough
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2014, 10:12:18 PM »
If you have films I would love to watch them  :rock

Upload them to mediafire or somewhere where I can download them and play them in the film viewer. If you're okay with that I'll send you my Email and you can send me the link.  :cheers:

:airplane:

Well I got a problem, most of my films can't be viewed with teh current viewer, I am not sure what the problem is. Most of the films could be dated back 5 years, maybe they are not able to be viewed?

I have a few 10+ kill sorties, even some 15 kills. You just have to watch and see how I fly, sometimes 300mph other times 475.
JG 52

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2014, 12:43:10 PM »
nevah...

...and I mean NEVAH...

...attempt to de-ack a field or V Base in a Me262!!!

:rock

AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2014, 01:30:23 PM »
Flying a 262 is very risky, especially for those of us who don't rack up the fighter perks in large amounts (myself included), but that's part of why it's special!

:lol

Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520