Author Topic: An Intruder last night….  (Read 3719 times)

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
Re: An Intruder last night….
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 04:57:04 PM »
It's the perfect picture but I'm not able to actually post it....dang! (snap)

boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 05:00:43 PM »
man thats crazy, "chill dude" hahaha thats pretty ballzy.  we had a house right up the road from where I live that got robbed at night, the couple is and elderly couple who were asleep upstairs, they stiole EVERYTHING from downstairs, tvs, furniture, completely emptied the entire down stairs  :O :mad:  we had someone try to get into my garage during daylight hours, then the neighbors dirtbike was stolen and the cops didnt seem to care about any of it.  Had a 15 year old punk steal the guy 2 houses down from me kids bicycle at 7 am a few weeks ago, my direct neighbor said him and his wife sat there watching him thinking he was waiting for a ride, the appears on a bicycle.  the kids father then takes off down the road and catches him.  he was ALREADY on probation :headscratch: why would people do this?  I wouldnt do well with someone breaking into my house, you did quite well  :salute :lol :aok

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 05:13:28 PM »
You did good.  No overreaction, no rising to his bait.  Probably not a terrible idea to let him leave.

Outbuildings are a tough call to me.  As far as I'm concerned though, castle doctrine should be universal.  If you're in someone's house uninvited, it should be reasonably presumed you're there to do them harm and they should be able to defend themselves.

Glad it worked out, Col.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 05:14:55 PM »
What I heard from a long time ago was to post a "no trespassing" sign. This is suppose to help if unwanted persons venture on your property and try to sue for any injuries.

I would recommend a wireless motion detector and alarm base unit. They are fairly easy to install for under $100.

Offline BreakingBad

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 05:28:19 PM »
man thats crazy, "chill dude" hahaha thats pretty ballzy.

Ranks right up there with, "Don't taze me bro!!!"

My dad is a retired AF colonel, flew C-130's in Vietnam.  One time they were ordered to transport a mutinous platoon of South Vietnamese troops from A to B.  

Well they got the guys on the plane, but one guy started inciting the others, the leader if you will.  So my dad walks up to the guy, pulls his .38 revolver, and tells the guy to sit down or else. (They are still on the ground).

So what does this leader do.  He looks right at my dad and says 'go ahead and shoot'.  The lesson my dad told me he learned, 'Don't pull out my pistol unless I was going to use it'.

He holstered it and walked away, the MP's got the prisoners under control.  He says he flew up to altitude and depressurized the back for a bit, problem solved.

Not the same as a creeper in your own backyard, but the story reminded me of it so I thought I'd share.

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 05:30:44 PM »
I'm not a gun owner or anything, but I do think if someone breaks into my house and tries to threaten me I should be within my rights to kill or maim them.  Especially with Kids in the house...

I keep a buck knife and a baseball bat handy just in case, but you can still get assault charges for defending yourself where I live.
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 05:35:17 PM »
squeeeeeel for DADDY...... :rofl

FIXED. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2014, 05:51:21 PM »

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2014, 05:54:48 PM »
Sounds like a crack or meth head.  In the future, have 911 on the phone so all you have to do is push dial when you confirm a suspect is present.

My bet is that he'll be back.

I would guess this as well.  I don't think he wants to harm anyone, he just wants to fund his habit.  That said, the last thing I would do is confront him without armament.  Best you can do for yourself and your conscience is call cops when he returns.  Maybe post a "dear intruder" sign at the place he was looking that this time you're not going to ask him to leave, you're going to call the cops immediately instead.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 05:56:44 PM by BoilerDown »
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2014, 05:57:44 PM »
claymore in the outbuilding? just saying  :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2014, 06:10:37 PM »
I know what I am about to say is gonna hurt some feelings......

instead of calling the cops...........if he don't leave when you ask.....how about you walk up to him and elbow smash him in the face....no need to shoot..kill..him...especially if he is just some crack head....

life is precious...yes even that idiot crack heads life..ALL life is precious..unless he is trying to kill you...there is no need for that much force to be used...

people need to stop thinking the cops are there to "save" them....we as a nation have become fat and weak....

we need to take care of our own and stop relying on others for our protection....

we need to stop thinking that killing them is gonna make it better.....

Humans are a disgrace....for being such an "intelligent" species... we are the dumbest idiotic...selfish.....self serving holier then thow....know it all....no respecting...no honor....no righteousness....

I am honestly ashamed to call myself human.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2014, 06:28:30 PM »

people need to stop thinking the cops are there to "save" them....

There is actually Supreme Court case law that makes it clear that police are NOT required to save people. It was a liability issue and in defense of law enforcement the argument was accepted: Police cannot be held to the standard of preventing violent acts. Sad but true, and it is common sense. In fact, did you know that when our country was founded there was not a police department as we know it? We had County Sheriffs though they existed primarily as a function of securing property and taxes and were a carryover from Old English Law. Think Robinhood, Prince John and the Sheriff of Nottingham and what he primarily did: collect taxes for the crown. If someone broke into your home and stole something you had to solve the crime yourself. This is the basis of the old "justifiable homicide" statutes.

boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2014, 07:27:57 PM »
I know a guy doing life in prison for killing a burglar at 3 am in his own house....

he confronted the burglar and a fight broke out he grabbed a steak knife and killed the guy....

Your kidding right???

Dang what "State" do you live in? New York?

No I know you must live in Chicago or Washington D.C. :old:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2014, 08:12:41 PM »
Your kidding right???

yea pretty harsh for self defense, I know of a guy who killed a person at their place of residence and received 15 years. I'm not sure how they figure those sentences. :headscratch:
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2014, 08:33:45 PM »
Your kidding right???

I live in DC.  Here, if you get mugged and somehow manage to beat the watermelon outta the guy, you can be charged with assault and battery.
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.