Author Topic: An Intruder last night….  (Read 3716 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: An Intruder last night….
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2014, 12:19:15 PM »
Well said Shifty, I have never had to shoot anyone and God forbid I ever need to. However I believe IF it ever happened and I was forced into defending my Family, my Home, my property or my life, I would NOT loose one minute of sleep afterwards. I believe for any human, killing someone is easy, its the living with it that is hard.

Yeah Jim, I hope none of us ever have to deal with this kind of thing.  :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2014, 12:34:17 PM »
The wife was in town getting her hair done so I was getting some quality time playing Aces High when the dog lets out her "I'm concerned, I think I heard something" woof.  I live at the end of a street, semi-rural area.  I can look out from the computer room to see the front gate (yard is fenced) and one of the greenhouses on the property.  When I take a peek I see the door on the greenhouse is open.  Crap.

Slip the boots and jacket on, grab the M4 and the phone and the dog and I go check it out to find some amazinhunk sorting through the wife's bottle collection!  He was so intent looking through things he never saw or heard me coming.

I ask him what he's doing, he replies matter of fact like "Just looking around".

I respond with you're on my property, in my greenhouse…wtf are you doing here?  I said it um, firmly.  I've got the carbine at low ready, I'm old, ugly, I have pneumonia at present, I haven't shaved in a week and was using my best "I'm gonna mess you up" scowl.

He replied "Chill dude!  No need to get all excited ya know." and he stepped toward me.

Really?  Sometimes I really wish I lived in Texas.  :)

I stepped back from the door, clicked the safety off and told him to "get the f&% off my property, if you come back I will shoot you"…the dog added a deep "Woof!" as an exclamation point.  I gave him room to exit, he did and the whole time was giving me crap about what an a hole I am.

Frankly, the guy looked a bit whacko.  Didn't seem high or drunk…just bat poop crazy.  If someone confronted me while holding a gun I'd be a bit diplomatic in my dealings with them, not chipping my teeth the whole time.

This is twice now in a couple years I've run people off that were prowling around the property, just ordered a motion detector system to cover the approaches.

Just be careful. We had a psycho like that who went around slicing peoples car tyres on their yards. So the neighborhood got sick of him and a bunch of guys collected together and gave him a good beating.

The guy made a list of names (as we later found out), then waited untill his army recruitment started and when he was on his first guard duty he stole an assault rifle and a few clips of ammo. He started a murdering rampage where he systematically started killing everyone who had punished him. First two he killed with a crossbow and he got caught after he shot the first victim with the assault rifle. He was playing cat and mouse with the police, he even trained his german shepherd to attack the police. The police had to blockade all my neighborhood with armored vehicles and search him with helicopters. It took about 24 hours before they found him and caught him alive, about the longest 24 hours of my life.

You see our house was inside the blockade - so I had to walk home to take care of our 5 and 6 year old foster children only knowing there is an armed psycho hiding somewhere in the woods in the area lol.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2014, 02:03:50 PM »
Just be careful. We had a psycho like that who went around slicing peoples car tyres on their yards. So the neighborhood got sick of him and a bunch of guys collected together and gave him a good beating.

The guy made a list of names (as we later found out), then waited untill his army recruitment started and when he was on his first guard duty he stole an assault rifle and a few clips of ammo. He started a murdering rampage where he systematically started killing everyone who had punished him. First two he killed with a crossbow and he got caught after he shot the first victim with the assault rifle. He was playing cat and mouse with the police, he even trained his german shepherd to attack the police. The police had to blockade all my neighborhood with armored vehicles and search him with helicopters. It took about 24 hours before they found him and caught him alive, about the longest 24 hours of my life.

You see our house was inside the blockade - so I had to walk home to take care of our 5 and 6 year old foster children only knowing there is an armed psycho hiding somewhere in the woods in the area lol.

That sounds like a Longmire episode.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2014, 02:10:19 PM »
I think the law system is a bit messed up when, someone is in your home or property unwanted and if you give them an arse whoopin they can sue you.  There was a case here in Vermont a couple years back that happened in Rutland where an elderly lady like 65ish or something dont remember heard a noise and grabbed a shotgun went to the living room found a man inside of her house shot him, didnt kill him, but now she is in prison, and he is free to walk around.  That is NOT justice.  Like was posted before, someone breaks into your home and cuts their hand on the broken glass they can sue you for that?? :headscratch:  I have talked to cops here and they all have said, "you HAVE TO be able to PROVE that they were a threat to your life"  well I guess I would have to put one of my kitchen knives in his hand afterwards :devil  hahaha still cant get over the fact that he was swearing at you, that just blows my mind away :lol  these types should get WAY worse than just put down

would you mind posting the story about the sweet old lady that went to jail for defending herself.  as it seems way to far out there.  I can tell you the story about an innocent guy who went to jail for 30 something years even though he was innocent.

here's the true about that story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IrCgt-Bt1I

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2014, 04:04:08 PM »
Let me clear this up a bit. No I would not have shot the guy. I stated that in the reply I had posted earlier.

Taking a human life is something I would never wish to do. I have encountered a problem like the OP's before. No I didn't shoot the guy. I told him to leave. If he didn't, I'd call the cops. He didn't.

I ended up calling the cops and they questioned him. The guy turned out to be completely wasted and was walking home. He got mixed up and somehow ended up in my yard. I went outside, and talked to him. I could tell he was hammered.

And when I said I have the instinct to fire at anything that moves, I was talking about playing DayZ. Not real life.

Don't suppose you mind if I ask, but have you ever played DayZ?

the last thing i ever played before ah, was air warrior, and duke nukem. i'm dating myself a bit there. i'm not much of a video gamer.
 if you feel that it's THAT violent though, that it may eventually effect your real life, yuo really should walk away from it. go outside, and do something. buy an old camaro or mustang, and spend the time working on that.

i carry at work about 50% of the time. i carry about the same at home. always concealed. at home, if it's not on my person, it's always within arms reach. i train as often as i can with them. i do this all in hopes that i will NEVER point any of my firearms at anything other than paper or steel. but i will NOT be a victim.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2014, 04:05:39 PM »
If possible, I would never approach a building from the perpetrator's only course of exit.

If there is a window, peek first and locate the perp and see if he is unarmed.

If he's unarmed, shine the light in a window opposite from the door......if there is a window.

When he runs out, break out the wrist rocket with some round salt pellets.........this will make him run faster when applied to the middle of the back.

Corporal punishment for the win.

Fire a few shots from a gun that go safely wide while yelling "I will slit your throat and drink your blood".

Start up vehicle and careen around as if hunting him down......he will surely hear it.

He will never return.

Remember, you are in alaska where gunshots are largely ignored.

discharging a firearm like that will get one into serious trouble, even in free states.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2014, 04:08:07 PM »
Same here, in the confrontations where I came out ahead.. I always felt bad for the guy later. So I can't say I ever won a fight, I don't think anybody does. In the confrontations in which the other guy came out ahead.. I figured I had it coming to me.  :D

the few physical confrontations i've ever had that i came out ahead....i never felt bad for the guy. he started the crap. he did it to himself. he made the choice to lose those teeth, or to wake up in a different place than he was starting his crap. annnd he picked on me. the skinny quiet guy. because he thought the skinny quiet guy couldn't fight back. never feel bad for someone that starts that crap.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2014, 06:47:14 PM »
would you mind posting the story about the sweet old lady that went to jail for defending herself.  as it seems way to far out there.  I can tell you the story about an innocent guy who went to jail for 30 something years even though he was innocent.
I have looked all over the net and cant find it, but I do remember it being in the paper, all of us at work thought it was pretty messed up.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2014, 09:05:21 PM »
I stepped back from the door, clicked the safety off and told him to "get the f&% off my property, if you come back I will shoot you"…the dog added a deep "Woof!" as an exclamation point.  I gave him room to exit, he did and the whole time was giving me crap about what an a hole I am.

Most excellent control under serious stress, Colmbo.  Congrats.  Hope it never happens to me, but that if it does I can maintain control like that.

- oldman

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2014, 09:12:32 PM »
the few physical confrontations i've ever had that i came out ahead....i never felt bad for the guy. he started the crap. he did it to himself. he made the choice to lose those teeth, or to wake up in a different place than he was starting his crap. annnd he picked on me. the skinny quiet guy. because he thought the skinny quiet guy couldn't fight back. never feel bad for someone that starts that crap.

You haven't had enough physical confrontations then. Nobody should go through life undefeated.  ;)

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2014, 09:39:30 PM »
the last thing i ever played before ah, was air warrior, and duke nukem. i'm dating myself a bit there. i'm not much of a video gamer.
 if you feel that it's THAT violent though, that it may eventually effect your real life, yuo really should walk away from it. go outside, and do something. buy an old camaro or mustang, and spend the time working on that.

i carry at work about 50% of the time. i carry about the same at home. always concealed. at home, if it's not on my person, it's always within arms reach. i train as often as i can with them. i do this all in hopes that i will NEVER point any of my firearms at anything other than paper or steel. but i will NOT be a victim.
I will probably give up on the game in a few days. I am quite tired of being shotten on sight by some guy with a Mosin.

I just like it for the survival aspect.
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2014, 09:49:06 PM »

Most excellent control under serious stress, Colmbo.  Congrats.  Hope it never happens to me, but that if it does I can maintain control like that.

- oldman

Eh, I was a cop for 20 years…not the first time I've confronted someone…and wouldn't have been the first time I shot at someone if it had gone that far.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2014, 10:04:39 PM »
You haven't had enough physical confrontations then. Nobody should go through life undefeated.  ;)

you misread what i typed sir. the "few" that i came out ahead. i got my arse handed to me more than my share of times. that is part of why i never felt sorry for those i bested.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2014, 10:05:25 PM »
I will probably give up on the game in a few days. I am quite tired of being shotten on sight by some guy with a Mosin.

I just like it for the survival aspect.

then ditch the game, get a kit together, and go outside camping.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2014, 10:10:57 PM »
then ditch the game, get a kit together, and go outside camping.  :aok
With a bit less of, you know? Starving to death?  :D

Sounds like fun. I may just do that if I can find time.
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.