Author Topic: saiteks new stick  (Read 4676 times)

Offline macdp51

• Zinc Member
Re: saiteks new stick
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2014, 07:49:46 AM »
Just received X55 yesterday - was ready to hook up when squall line hit so maybe tonight (power out going to generator) - seems pretty nice - however as previous post noted toggles on throttle (just a couple) are blocked a little at full power on throttle - computer (old XP 32bit ) had no problems recognizing it - will try to set up tonight for AH - will keep ya'll posted

HAVE FUN  :salute

:cheers:

HP51

PS: Hall sensor mod on X52 (stacking the magnets worked for a long time) - failure causing sticking for me is in the rotational axis area - will have it apart to see after getting this one up.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2014, 08:19:33 AM »
 I still use my 10 year old Saitek ST-290 with two bad buttons. I am retired and money for a new computer or even a new stick is a low priority.  :frown:

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2014, 03:22:03 AM »
I have two ST290 in loft they unusualy good but buttons fell off :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2014, 03:01:10 PM »
When you ordered and it was delivered  how much time did it take for the x-55?
AkCaine

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2014, 04:47:52 AM »
any feed backs gents ?
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Jarski

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2014, 03:02:37 PM »
I finally got my x52pro modded correctly with bluetac and magnets. Now its better than ever. Smooth fighting possible without accidental stalls!

I think I may just save 200 and cancel the order on x55
Flare to land , squat to pee..

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2014, 12:52:57 PM »
I finally got my x52pro modded correctly with bluetac and magnets. Now its better than ever. Smooth fighting possible without accidental stalls!

I think I may just save 200 and cancel the order on x55

:banana:

Hurrah!

There is also a thread about making inserts for tighting spring strength

And using tiebacks to make spring lighter
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2014, 01:23:37 PM »
I don't care where it's made, there will be one on my coffee table when they come out. Nice stick!

Why not buy one from your own country you cheap git, seriously people wonder why they have no jobs anymore?  :rofl

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2014, 02:03:25 PM »
Why not buy one from your own country you cheap git, seriously people wonder why they have no jobs anymore?  :rofl
If I were you, I wouldn't worry about that. There's still plenty of us who can't buy domestic gaming gear, thus obviously profiting your fellow countrymen.   :bolt:
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2014, 05:37:21 PM »
My X-55 arrived today. Downloaded drivers all went well. Initial impressions:
The stick feels solid, and pretty well built.
The interchangeable springs are superb, I tries all 4 and just like Goldilocks, found the one that was juuuuuust right.
If you're used to the X-52, as I've been for some time, there's a little adjusting to do to get used to the new layout, but it's coming along quickly.
So far, my only complaint is the lack of the 2 stage trigger that the X-52 has. I really like the ability to fire just my 20's when I'm porkin bases in my 110.
There's a plethora of toggles, switches wheels, buttons an turny knobs, probably more than I'll ever use, but I love the options.
I will write up a full review once I've flown it for a say or two, will post pictures also.
Initially, I'd highly recommend this stick for those who have the money.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2014, 08:41:04 PM »
The interchangeable springs are superb, I tries all 4 and just like Goldilocks, found the one that was juuuuuust right.
If you're used to the X-52, as I've been for some time, there's a little adjusting to do to get used to the new layout, but it's coming along quickly.
So far, my only complaint is the lack of the 2 stage trigger that the X-52 has. I really like the ability to fire just my 20's when I'm porkin bases in my 110.
There's a plethora of toggles, switches wheels, buttons an turny knobs, probably more than I'll ever use, but I love the options.
I will write up a full review once I've flown it for a say or two, will post pictures also.

Thanks for the feedback, just placed my order for one.  :)

:rock
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2014, 08:42:08 PM »
So far, my only complaint is the lack of the 2 stage trigger that the X-52 has. I really like the ability to fire just my 20's when I'm porkin bases in My 110.

My X55 arrived today.  Feels very crisp with no nose bounce when firing.  It did not have a disc to download .  So I went to training arena and it immediately recognized the stick. The only problem I see is getting  used to new layout.
AkCaine

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2014, 04:33:21 AM »
I'm finding that I'm getting used too the layout relatively quickly. Don't know if it's me, or that the layout is pretty good. Probably a combination of them both. So far, I'm recommending the stick.

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2014, 02:46:01 PM »
I'm finding that I'm getting used too the layout relatively quickly. Don't know if it's me, or that the layout is pretty good. Probably a combination of them both. So far, I'm recommending the stick.
I'd like to know, how is the throttle? All of the switches nice, a good firm throttle? That's really what got me to buy the stick.
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2014, 02:57:35 PM »
The split throttle can be locked to make one throttle. The tension(resistance) is adjustable and there are switches and toggles on the base and 2 wheels with buttons in the center, llie the X52 throttles, and multiple other switches and buttons on the throttle also. There are many more programmable options on this thing than most people would use flyin AH2 :)