Author Topic: ENY FLAW  (Read 3566 times)

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: ENY FLAW
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 11:15:21 AM »
Looking at your score it looks like you would benefit with some time in high ENY planes. Look at it as a challenge. Flying a plane that you have to use skill in to get kills will make you a better fighter/player. If you look at it as a handicap then your just going to be frustrated. Also, as you get better in the high ENY planes you'll find that jumping back into your spits that you'll get those 3-4 kills runs more often than you do now.

I agree ^

I also think killing someone while you are using an inferior plane to theirs, is very fun.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 11:17:32 AM »
    Really beginning to feel like we're beating a dead horse on this, Cause HTC refuses to listen !

This morning is a perfect example of how the ENY is hindering the game.  I logged in to see once again the Bishops had a 25 ENY.  the problem is, while we may have had more players online, and in flight.. We were once again being double teamed by the NIT /ROOKs. a quick glance at the map would prove, not a single base on the Nit / rook front flashing, And the Bish bases being horded by both sides, with only outdated, underpowered under armed planes for us to try and put up a meager defense.   Outnumbered and ENY handicapped  :bhead

so you are complaining because there's too many fights in your country?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2014, 11:35:01 AM »
Looking at your score it looks like you would benefit with some time in high ENY planes. Look at it as a challenge. Flying a plane that you have to use skill in to get kills will make you a better fighter/player. If you look at it as a handicap then your just going to be frustrated. Also, as you get better in the high ENY planes you'll find that jumping back into your spits that you'll get those 3-4 kills runs more often than you do now.

This.

I've gotten more compliments in this last week because of the performance in the P-47D-11 than I ever did flying a spit.

I also think killing someone while you are using an inferior plane to theirs, is very fun.

That's the icing on the cake.

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2014, 11:49:41 AM »
so you are complaining because there's too many fights in your country?

semp

Id hardly call trying to lift off from a field that's capped, or flying a sector from a different field, only to run into 15+ superior planes "a fight".
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2014, 12:11:53 PM »
  Id hardly call trying to lift off from a field that's capped, or flying a sector from a different field, only to run into 15+ superior planes "a fight".

up a superior plane too and come a bit higher then either laugh cause you killed a couple of because they all scattered and headed for the deck.  either way it's funny.

semp

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2014, 12:33:18 PM »
All 3 countries get double teamed at one point or another. Bish just happened to be that country this time. Give it time and later today I bet you'll see the Knights or Rooks being double teamed.

I have noticed that the bish do seem to get some ENY in the early mornings. Probably just more Bish on at this hour than Rooks or Knights. I say we reduce the 12 hour rule to 1 hour so some of those Bish can switch to Rook and Knights to get rid of the ENY for all 3 sides, and then they can go back Bish later in the day when the numbers pick up again.
 :aok

I say increase the 12 hour rule to 1 month it will keep all you bumpy jumpy's from imbalancing the arena.

:cheers:
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline -27th-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2014, 12:49:19 PM »
How about this solution: People can have the option in the their clipboard or the starting screen, for the system to delegate them to the lowest number to any country before they get log on with the 12 hour rule still in place. Perhaps the starting screen (where you type in your ID and password screen is seen) would be best.
Squads are can be exempt or not. It's up them as a squad if they like to switch. Some already do monthly.

:salute
27th

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2014, 12:54:36 PM »
How about this solution: People can have the option in the their clipboard or the starting screen, for the system to delegate them to the lowest number to any country before they get log on with the 12 hour rule still in place. Perhaps the starting screen (where you type in your ID and password screen is seen) would be best.
Squads are can be exempt or not. It's up them as a squad if they like to switch. Some already do monthly.

27th

most players fly as a squad.  so when they log in they could still be on the low side and be on different countries.  and btw just because you are on the low side it still wont guarantee you a "fight". 

semp

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2014, 12:58:27 PM »

ALSO..  the side switching time is ridiculous !  It has had the opposite effect of HTC's intention.

Keep in mind HTC has  more information to analyze the side switching rule than you or I or even Lusche. Everything from full play data to historical trials and tribulations.

Unless there is a huge amount of coding to be done to switch the rule that makes it a low priority, I can not but help to believe it is as it is with the overall best interest of the game in mind albeit the margin my be slight.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2014, 01:10:47 PM »
Keep in mind HTC has  more information to analyze the side switching rule than you or I or even Lusche. Everything from full play data to historical trials and tribulations.

Unless there is a huge amount of coding to be done to switch the rule that makes it a low priority, I can not but help to believe it is as it is with the overall best interest of the game in mind albeit the margin my be slight.

Its not slight   you don't see 2-3000 folks complaining about it or how ever many subs HTC has .....Just the same buncha shaders about 10 -15 dudes making waves cause the wanna grief folks.

Just change it to a month  squads want to switch at the new camp give 2 days of unlimited switching then report to your squad ... it will be like halloween for the switchers once a month. :O

Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2014, 01:19:22 PM »
If people would just learn to fly the high Eny planes there wouldn't be any of these little crying threads.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2014, 01:29:15 PM »
All my favorite rides have an ENY of 25 so I've never ran into what you guys are talking about. Does it perk lower ENY planes as the teams become unbalanced?
See Rule #4

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2014, 01:33:35 PM »
All my favorite rides have an ENY of 25 so I've never ran into what you guys are talking about. Does it perk lower ENY planes as the teams become unbalanced?

They don't become perked, they just become unusable. The game will restrict you from using anything under a certain ENY until the sides become more balanced.

Offline -27th-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2014, 01:38:43 PM »
most players fly as a squad.  so when they log in they could still be on the low side and be on different countries.  and btw just because you are on the low side it still wont guarantee you a "fight". 

semp

Yeah. You didn't comprehend what you read. Its up to the squad, a squad decision. That part of it, if it would go forward, needs to be adjusted by Aces High. Maybe squads would be except. Most people who want the one hour rule are part of a squad. So they are willing to be away from their squad to play the low numbers.

"... on the low side still wont guarantee you a "fight" "-
Well that's you're opinion. Some people want to switch because they are looking for a fight to oppose the numbers. That's why this subject keeps coming up and the effects of ENY.

As for my opinion, I've been a Rook since 2002 and I don't switch. When there is a massive horde problem from either country I do what I can.

I do agree with the author of this post, there has been situations we're getting horded (happens to all countries) but we have the numbers and the ENY is killing us. Most of the people are either at Tank Town or in a furball. Hordes of bombers are killing the older group strats with HQ and we cannot defend it with 163's or TA152's due to ENY. The ENY is what I have a gripe with but I get on with it and try to have fun.

27th

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2014, 01:45:46 PM »
I say we reduce the 12 hour rule to 1 hour so some of those Bish can switch to Rook and Knights to get rid of the ENY for all 3 sides, and then they can go back Bish later in the day when the numbers pick up again.

Rather get my finger nails pulled out :rolleyes:
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>