Author Topic: ENY FLAW  (Read 3638 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: ENY FLAW
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2014, 06:01:34 AM »
1. It prevents the side that has an overwhelming advantage in numbers from flying the best planes too. This forces people that what to fly the hot planes to move to the disadvantaged side if they want to. If they don't want to change sides, they fly what's available until the sides get even numbers.

2. see #1

3. see #1

4. see #1

Not true. You can't switch back when the numbers get even because of the 12 hour rule.

What is "Overwhelming advantage?"   Are what are the effects of "Overwhelming advantage?"   Numbers advantage is a micro effect, not a macro one. If there are 100 bish on compared to 200 rook and 200 nights, the bish can still have 30 of those 100 show up at one base and horde it. The Bish will have Overwhelming Advantage. Hording is almost never a function of who has the most players online. ENY fixes nothing.  :salute

It's all about what's going on in a very small specific area of the map, and that changes every 15 minutes. Hording is like the weather, and you guys talk about ENY like it's the solution to global warming.  :lol

Who is John Galt?

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2014, 06:13:55 AM »
ENY fixes nothing.  :salute

That is because ENY mostly effects fighters, fighters being rather irrelevant to map moving, and isn't applied to the best bombers or to ordinance. The ENY of the Lanc, B-24, and B-17G should be 5. And/or there should be a perk price on all ordinance which can be increased precipitously when ENY kicks in.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:17:58 AM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2014, 06:25:57 AM »
I just don't get the ENY.

Again, I'm not sure what problem it solves.

I do know that it generates a bazillion complaints.

It's enabled to handicap a side that has more players....why?   :salute

I feel that ENY has been tamed/relaxed a little since the 12hour rule. It doesn't seem to kick up it's maximum value anymore.

It's always about the AHs average pilot's base instinct, ganging. Want to get ganged by 5 P51D's or P40Es?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2014, 06:31:22 AM »
I feel that ENY has been tamed/relaxed a little since the 12hour rule. It doesn't seem to kick up it's maximum value anymore.

The main reason of the occasionally excessive ENY limits of the past was the two arena setup. During prime time, usually one chesspiece was utterly dominating LWO while the side being at the wrong end of the stick had it's players joining LWB where their chesspiece was in turn having the numbers.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2014, 06:43:01 AM »
The main reason of the occasionally excessive ENY limits of the past was the two arena setup. During prime time, usually one chesspiece was utterly dominating LWO while the side being at the wrong end of the stick had it's players joining LWB where their chesspiece was in turn having the numbers.

True Lusche, but if we got rid of it, what would happen?
Who is John Galt?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2014, 06:49:00 AM »
True Lusche, but if we got rid of it, what would happen?

The BBS would explode.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2014, 06:50:43 AM »

It's always about the AHs average pilot's base instinct, ganging. Want to get ganged by 5 P51D's or P40Es?

Let's say ENY forced that scenario...  

I would still whine about getting ganged.            = 1 whine.
They would whine about being forced into P-40s  = 5 whines.
                                                                   =6 total whines

No ENY
I would still whine about getting ganged.            = 1 whine.
                                                                  = 1 total whine

Do you think it really relieves whining by the side that has fewer players? And if so, isn't that amount immeasurable compared to all the "ENY Stinks!" ranting?   :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2014, 06:51:14 AM »
Who is John Galt?

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2014, 07:55:23 AM »
When they gang/outnumber the one guy, they have no right to complain about ENY forcing P40s and will be ignored for being a big baby. :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2014, 07:59:35 AM »

In these cases I would either switch arenas or sides to avoid being on ridiculously overnumbered side. Now with essentially one active arena to play in and the 12 hour rule one hasn`t a choice EXCEPT to be a gang-tard in a P40
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2014, 08:06:51 AM »
When they gang/outnumber the one guy, they have no right to complain about ENY forcing P40s and will be ignored for being a big baby. :old:

Yes, and since they have no right to complain, they won't?   :D
Who is John Galt?

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2014, 08:37:14 AM »
I'll quote myself for your benefit Vinkman and highlight the important part
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2014, 09:13:12 AM »
I'll quote myself for your benefit Vinkman and highlight the important part

yes but that's .001% of ENY complainers. what about the other 99.999%?
Who is John Galt?

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2014, 09:23:20 AM »
ENY makes perfect sense as a stick with which to hit the over-numbered side with until some of them switch chess pieces, or it WOULD if one actually had the option of switching. As it is now, I can see why people wonder what the purpose is.   

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2014, 10:39:31 AM »
It still makes sense.  It gives the outnumbered side an edge with better AC available.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011