Author Topic: Okay its P not B 38  (Read 4314 times)

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
Re: Okay its P not B 38
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 09:06:03 AM »
No, you don't have to be a picker to score kills. However, you need to be aware that the P38 often garners more attention than any other aircraft. Depending on my mood, I get down and dirty and fight multiples, or fly smart as my 38 always draws the cons towards me.

Couple nights ago was a good example, as I ended up fighting 5 at a time. Not because I had a chance in heck of success, entering the fight below the enemy cons, but because I wanted to see how many I could kill before I died (3 dead, 1 damaged was the result). Later, I flew smart and had a bunch of 1v1s which I truly enjoyed.

Fly with me for a night, I'll show you how it goes.  :salute

If i can ,at any point get some time with ya Del i would sure appreciate it.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 09:11:19 AM »
If i can ,at any point get some time with ya Del i would sure appreciate it.

Sure... I'm available tonight or tomorrow after 8pm est, but I'm not available on Friday.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 09:35:43 AM »
However, you need to be aware that the P38 often garners more attention than any other aircraft. Depending on my mood, I get down and dirty and fight multiples, or fly smart as my 38 always draws the cons towards me.

P38 is fun.  But try futzing around in a 110G if you really want to attract bad guys. 

Furballs. Egressing away to land or rearm.  Just flying around in a group with other friendlies.  It won't matter.   First red guy to show up will make a bee line directly to your big, slow and ugly two-engined ride.  It's almost like a natural law or something at work.  :D   :aok

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 10:32:47 AM »
Oh, I see  :lol
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2014, 12:04:41 PM »
No, you don't have to be a picker to score kills.

I did not say that albeit my replay was strongly worded in that direction.  Getting kills and being successful are related but getting kills is only half of the story.

The P38 is a good choice and I think the best training plane in AH.  Don't get me wrong on that.  I rotate between the P38 and the P47 tour to tour. 

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 12:53:15 PM »
The P38 is a good choice and I think the best training plane in AH. 

Aside from initially learning how to take off and land, I feel you're wrong on that. A newer player is better off learning how fight on something that has torque since aside from just a few planes in the plane set, they will have to learn to deal with it.

The Spit9, Me109F4/G2, C205, and (if the guy is a good shot) the Yak are far better suited for this purpose.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 02:10:25 PM »
Sure... I'm available tonight or tomorrow after 8pm est, but I'm not available on Friday.
I'll be on. :salute
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 02:52:09 PM »
Sunka look me up when you're online next, i have a few tips that will help out alot.  P38 being so stable can setup some awesome overshoot kill opportunities.  Some of my best kills are when 3 or 4 guys are diving on you like slab of bacon.  IMO those are the most fun. :cheers:

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 03:00:46 PM »
Sunka look me up when you're online next, i have a few tips that will help out alot.  P38 being so stable can setup some awesome overshoot kill opportunities.  Some of my best kills are when 3 or 4 guys are diving on you like slab of bacon.  IMO those are the most fun. :cheers:
Sure will Lazer !!,ty a lot for the offer.
 :salute

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 03:41:44 PM »
Lazer and Ack Ack, and Citabria back in the day are the 3 guys I would listen too, and ask personally if I was going to be fighting in the P38.  I can attest to Ack Ack lately especially, he's almost always hunting on his own, I only see him when I'm doing the same thing and run into him in the area where the fight is, and he's always offset fighting 1, 2, 3 or more guys doing his own little thing.

Lazer has always been a house on fire in the thing too, even though he lies about flying with only a mouse - hah hah.

Fester/Cit, what more needs to be said, he's good in anything, but when this game first started, he was always in that P38, and I joined his squad to learn the thing, something I never really did, but I can attest to how good he was in it.

Sunka is good enough to figure it out on his own, I doubt he needs a whole lot of advice or hand holding, as he has super solid acm and accuracy already, it's just a matter of slight adjustments with the P38, and he already stated the "big" ones.

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 04:01:24 PM »
I need a player from Wisconsin to please come watch me fly a few sorties to confirm a mouse is being used.   :D

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 04:11:46 PM »
We would never trust anyone from Wisconsin.  Cheese heads lie.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 04:14:50 PM »
If I lived in Wisconsin, I'd take Lazer's offer, if he put on some pants.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 04:15:30 PM »
It always surprises me when talk of learning the P38 comes up. Nobody mentions "Twinboom" and while he is my CO, I still think he is one of THE best 38 jocks out there.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 04:19:15 PM »
38s can do some amazing things in the vertical. I usually know immediately, like on his first move, if I ran into the wrong stick in one.

Im not one but I have found, in my opinion, the best managers of energy are often in P38s.

It always surprises me when talk of learning the P38 comes up. Nobody mentions "Twinboom" and while he is my CO, I still think he is one of THE best 38 jocks out there.
Ya, and the thing about him is he will often seek out bad odds and still fly against them. He is far better then his K/D indicates which is why I distrust that stat. For the most part K/D is a cherry-pickers stat.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 04:21:28 PM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"