Author Topic: This game is dead unless things change  (Read 9389 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: This game is dead unless things change
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2014, 10:46:48 PM »
The game was fine until someone stuck a Fork in it.

Now it's dead.

P.S.  I was given permission to be a dick.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 10:49:52 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2014, 10:50:13 PM »
 :rofl
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2014, 06:31:16 AM »
Skuzzy forgive me if cross a line here, but I've read the first 6 pages and Fork's commentary. I was there when the so-called "no one helping" him and the said name calling. Fork you brought it all on yourself. Criticizing Knights, implying they are stupid, don't know anything about strategy, telling them that the Bish are so much better and that they know strategy, etc., is not exactly the best way to make friends and influence ppl.

It's not right he gets a pass here as being the ignorant noob that was asking questions and being mocked, rather far from the truth. Now Fork, I'll concede, I may not have seen the whole conversation, maybe something precipitated it that brought it to where I picked up, but for the preceding 15 minutes to you leaving Knights you were giving as much as you were receiving.

Knights do things their own way, there are many Knights who do things the way some Bish/Rook do, any many more who are Knights because they don't do things that way. Macro analysis: Bish do things their ways, Rooks their ways, and Knights their ways.  <<<Took me a long time to figure that out.

HiTech acknowledged he sees you have some valid points. That is as good as gold.

Did you spend any time with a trainer? The outreach from guys like Morfiend to help us is incredibly generous, not to mention incredibly helpful. See how a session goes and build on that would be my $.02 

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2014, 06:42:37 AM »
Also, while you'd be much better served learning BFM/ACM from the trainers, I like to help ppl that seek it, I can help you with many of the intricacies of the game, gv play/shooting, setting up sounds, mapping buttons to your controllers, etc. If you see me around and have some questions, give a shout, I'd be happy to help.

My previous post was not meant to pick on you in any way, only to be fair for the record. I can understand your frustrations, for content in another post I went all the way back, every tour I have played in almost two years, that second tour I had I noticed 15 kills to almost 75 deaths in the 190A-5 and 9 kills to something like 70 deaths in the D9. The learning curve is what keeps players around for years, once you get some piece of knowledge under your belt, there is always something next.

:salute

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2014, 09:02:22 AM »
only thing I would agree is dead is all arenas outside of the MA and SEA.  

the solution would be to make all those empty arenas free to play.   Yes we hate free loaders and pip squeaks but the competition is free and it is the biggest hook that I can see that would lead to the many more alleged players.    

Imagine the WW1 arena with kites all over it!   seems a shame to just be a dustbowl as is.  
Back in the day 1 month free trial..

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2014, 01:34:59 PM »
This game.... easy to learn, difficult to master!
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Xavier

• Copper Member
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2014, 01:44:30 PM »
once you get some piece of knowledge under your belt, there is always something next.

Like the HO  :ahand
Started from the bottom...still at the bottom.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2014, 01:57:07 PM »
This game.... easy to learn, difficult to master!

Aces High differs from life in that its what you know, not who you know that counts  :D

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2014, 02:03:48 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 04:43:13 PM by Skuzzy »
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2014, 02:16:30 PM »
Like the HO  :ahand

Since you decided to reply to me here, instead of the thread that you accuse me of name calling you for some HO where you were in an A-8 and me in a P-40. I'll ask again, what are you referring to? I don't ever recall any pm/200 exchange with you about anything. I looked both of us up, all of your A-8 kills since I've been here, and all of my P-40 deaths. Never, not once did it include you. Matter of fact, I've never died to your A-8 in any plane. At least to anyone named Xavier.

Since you seem bent on me, please clarify.  

Btw, I don't fly the P-40 very much at all, in a year and half that I've been here it looked like roughly less than 20 times, mostly just to learn it. Other times, lately, because eny was high and it carries a bomb and big gun for town jabo.

Hotard has a bbs account or I'd suspect you are him, and yes more than a year ago I was quite irritated with Hotard and the HO's. Anymore it is what it is.  

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2014, 02:17:05 PM »
then said he was not intrested in teaching it to me because I had a attitude.

...so...did you have a attitude...?

- oldman

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2014, 02:28:43 PM »
Tried doing that last night. All I know is said "trainer" said I was stick sturring and wasting E. He then stated that he had a move that would not waste E but then said he was not intrested in teaching it to me because I had a attitude.

A learned so much, the TA is useless.

"Said Trainer" ?

Are you talking about Morfiend ?

Son, you better back that truck up and unload that BS.

I can't imagine anything like that happening unless you really did have a bad attitude.  Morf is more patient and forgiving than anyone I have seen.  A N Y O N E

Yeah, it does not happen often, but your post pissed me off.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2014, 02:33:57 PM »
Before you tell me to go elsewhere, or tell me you've been playing the game for a bazillion years and STFU, or I don't respect the game, or whatever your excuse is for not listening to people when they don't tell you what you want to hear let me explain.

Two weeks into the game have soured me on it however. 

You've been here before and you are no two weeker.  

Rudeness is definately a problem at times, but it is by no means what is wrong with the game. Visiting any online game will prove that.

Why don't you tell us who you really are and we can continue this lil chat, eh.   :aok
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Xavier

• Copper Member
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2014, 02:55:04 PM »
Since you decided to reply to me here, instead of the thread that you accuse me of name calling you for some HO where you were in an A-8 and me in a P-40. I'll ask again, what are you referring to? I don't ever recall any pm/200 exchange with you about anything. I looked both of us up, all of your A-8 kills since I've been here, and all of my P-40 deaths. Never, not once did it include you. Matter of fact, I've never died to your A-8 in any plane. At least to anyone named Xavier.

Since you seem bent on me, please clarify.  

Btw, I don't fly the P-40 very much at all, in a year and half that I've been here it looked like roughly less than 20 times, mostly just to learn it. Other times, lately, because eny was high and it carries a bomb and big gun for town jabo.

Hotard has a bbs account or I'd suspect you are him, and yes more than a year ago I was quite irritated with Hotard and the HO's. Anymore it is what it is.  

My bad! I apologise, after checking the stats I see you're absolutely right! The player was vonKrimm, and I was flying an F-8, not an A-8.  :uhoh

Sorry again! :cry
Started from the bottom...still at the bottom.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2014, 03:19:50 PM »
Tried doing that last night. All I know is said "trainer" said I was stick sturring and wasting E. He then stated that he had a move that would not waste E but then said he was not intrested in teaching it to me because I had a attitude.

A learned so much, the TA is useless.

Utter nonsense. Ever trainer I have had the privilege of spending time with has been the epitome of patience.

Respectfully, either he wasn't a trainer or you had severe attitude meltdown, or it never happened.

Which trainer was it?
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright