Author Topic: Multiple Accounts Per Household/Credit Card  (Read 6028 times)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Re: Multiple Accounts Per Household/Credit Card
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2014, 12:30:32 AM »
Hitech has no policy regarding using a telephone while playing, if somebody(ies) wants to coordinate nefarious activities that are detrimental to the game than you would file a complaint about those activities not demand a clearcut policy on telephone use.

That's a good point as well.  Honestly, regarding the original OP question/complaint - the whole thing is pointless, as all it takes is one person, to send one message via TeamSpeak, C3, Vox, the telephone, or even just a typed out Private Message in game, and your "secrets" are out, the same as if somebody was "spying" on your beloved team.  A 2nd/3rd account isn't even needed, just having a willing participant co-opted to give information to the "other team".  I often suspect guys that like to bust up bombing raids on each of the 3 sides have a side deal, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours type of thing, with regards to giving intel on large bombing raids and CV locations.  

Even if this isn't the case, or even if it only happens on occasion, the simple fact is there is NO way to stop it from happening, as there are limitless ways FOR it to continue happening.  So, the best solution, which was from Grizz btw, are these little things called "guns" on your aircraft.  You press the button and they go "pew pew pew" right back at those party pooping spies.  

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2014, 12:57:51 AM »
The only two complaints I can see here are spying or shade vulching for score.

As long as there's two willing participants you won't even need a second account to pass information between countries; PM's, squad channel, team speak, instant messaging, e-mail, twitter or the telephone among others would all work and every one of them would cost less than a second account and a second computer.

As to shade vulching if you're actually worried about score well, that's what witch hunts are for.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2014, 01:28:37 AM »

If you have a specific complaint then the complaint will be addressed. There isn't a policy about having more than one account because that in and of itself is not a problem.

Hitech has no policy regarding using a telephone while playing, if somebody(ies) wants to coordinate nefarious activities that are detrimental to the game than you would file a complaint about those activities not demand a clearcut policy on telephone use.

I know the game can be frustrating at times.

You do not understand my question.

I have a valid question on a valid issue and if there are those who are offended because they sting at having the issue public, then thats their problem, not mine.  

I simply ask for the official policy of those who own the game and enforce the rules and nothing more.  I do not wish to be in violation of rules that appear to have a gray area the size of Siberia, and this official public policy is what I and others ask and expect a decision on.

As a paying subscriber I am just entitled to my opinion as any other paying subscriber is, weather others like it or not.

If HTC has a problem with multiple accounts for one person who uses those multiple accounts for their own in-game personal gain I wish to know.  I am not the only one.  I will abide by whaever HTC's official policy is.

If HTC has no problem with people having multiple accounts, and have no policy against using it for one's own personal gain I have no problem with that and will set up 2 additional  accounts by noon the day HTC says they have no official problem with it.

As a paying subscriber I have a right to know what is and what isn't official game policy so that I can abide by the rules as the ownership  decides, nothing more.

ROX

PS:  kvou:  If you wish to complain about my gameplay over missions, feel free to go back in a time machine to 2007 to the last time I ran a mission to take a base.  After that, my personal medical situation and disability dictated no more missions.  You are, however, more than welcome to hop in your time machine and retro-hop back to the fall of 2006 and complain to Skuzzy regarding my personal choices in game play.  I'm sure Skuzzy will be highly interest in your almost 7 year old salty tears.  Be careful kvou mcFly, it gets bumpy around 2008.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2014, 06:58:14 AM »
i would suggest as htc has suggested to you, rather then out in the open, you send them an email and ask your question. you might get a better response.

i think the actual validity of the actual question may be up for debate, as to what you or we, have a right to know and not to know. its still their game.

sounds to me like multiple accounts are not a problem to them. sounds to me like doing something against the rules is. having multiple accounts does not make
you a rule breaker. flying shades doesn't make you a rule breaker.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 09:34:27 AM by captain1ma »

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2014, 08:54:28 AM »

I have a valid question on a valid issue and if there are those who are offended because they sting at having the issue public, then thats their problem, not mine.  

I simply ask for the official policy of those who own the game and enforce the rules and nothing more.  I do not wish to be in violation of rules that appear to have a gray area the size of Siberia, and this official public policy is what I and others ask and expect a decision on.

As a paying subscriber I am just entitled to my opinion as any other paying subscriber is, weather others like it or not.

If HTC has a problem with multiple accounts for one person who uses those multiple accounts for their own in-game personal gain I wish to know.  I am not the only one.  I will abide by whaever HTC's official policy is.

If HTC has no problem with people having multiple accounts, and have no policy against using it for one's own personal gain I have no problem with that and will set up 2 additional  accounts by noon the day HTC says they have no official problem with it.

As a paying subscriber I have a right to know what is and what isn't official game policy so that I can abide by the rules as the ownership  decides, nothing more.

ROX

PS:  kvou:  If you wish to complain about my gameplay over missions, feel free to go back in a time machine to 2007 to the last time I ran a mission to take a base.  After that, my personal medical situation and disability dictated no more missions.  You are, however, more than welcome to hop in your time machine and retro-hop back to the fall of 2006 and complain to Skuzzy regarding my personal choices in game play.  I'm sure Skuzzy will be highly interest in your almost 7 year old salty tears.  Be careful kvou mcFly, it gets bumpy around 2008.

5 out of 6 of my accounts do not agree.. but good luck to you!
- TWBYDHAS

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2014, 09:10:42 AM »
I was considering getting a second account myself, for the simple expedient of getting around the annoyances associated with the 12 hour rule in the LWMA. Then I realized that doing so would effectively be rewarding the company for implementing a bad policy, and that's just not right. So it's tempting to pay an extra $15 a month to be able to fly where and with whom I want to fly without trouble, but since no one should have to do that, I will stick with the single account.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2014, 09:46:32 AM »

ROX

You're not going to get permission to vulch a shade.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2014, 09:51:47 AM »
So it looks like the official stance is that there is no policy to prohibit one person from having multiple paid accounts...and in my opinion is absolutely the way it should be.

If a player has a suspicion regarding another player's use of a second account (or general in-game behavior), that player should contact HTC directly via email to register a complaint (included screenshots and/or film would be a plus). From what I've seen, HTC takes allegations of less-than-honest behavior very seriously, and they have no obligation to publicly post anything regarding their investigations.

I guess I'm just having trouble understanding why this is such an issue.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2014, 10:21:22 AM »
PS:  kvou:  If you wish to complain about my gameplay over missions, feel free to go back in a time machine to 2007 to the last time I ran a mission to take a base.

that's why I added the question mark. I don't generally concern myself with what people are or are not doing in the game..

so then..  if you're not running secret missions or hiding cv's, why even care at all about shades/spies? what are you getting at? what is the "personal gain" you mention?

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2014, 10:28:58 AM »
So it looks like the official stance is that there is no policy to prohibit one person from having multiple paid accounts...and in my opinion is absolutely the way it should be.

If a player has a suspicion regarding another player's use of a second account (or general in-game behavior), that player should contact HTC directly via email to register a complaint (included screenshots and/or film would be a plus). From what I've seen, HTC takes allegations of less-than-honest behavior very seriously, and they have no obligation to publicly post anything regarding their investigations.

I guess I'm just having trouble understanding why this is such an issue.

Agreed.  This issue is like floating in a sea of poo and pointing out of your boat and screaming, "I hate that turd!!  I wanna change that turd!!  That turd pisses me off!"
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2014, 10:32:08 AM »

Derp double post

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2014, 11:30:31 AM »
Derp double post

2nd account posting
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2014, 12:04:26 PM »

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2014, 09:45:49 PM »
So HTC should prevent players from having more than one account, effectively stopping them from paying more money?

I wouldn't do that if I were them.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2014, 10:05:48 PM »
I just laughed so hard at this thread I literally trickled piss!!!  :rofl

Now I need my asthma puffer.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14